Can I change solicitors - personal injury claim.

dcdkpug
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

before i jump the gun with this topic im not sure if ive posted in wrong section

right then im not happy with the way these are handling my whiplash claim since aug last yr 07 2 caseworkers since day 1 aswell

well cut long story short id like to sack get rid of these and take my custom elsewhere im entitled to legal aid etc would i have to pay a fee ?

or how do i go about this ?

also ive had another minor whiplash this yr 08 in feb from a old man who thought we was his left turning exit (nice) well this triggered off my existing symptoms with neck etc car was written off from front bumper to rear and 2 doors also

bet your thinking not much luck hey lol

im just thinking of the money not at all kid you not either blody well annoying if anything the pain and doing activities with my children and partner (nothing smutty) please

prolegal said i could claim off febs accident if i wanted but i dont know if i want to but on the other hand why not what you reckon ?

• 5 years later...

Had an issue with this company as well in that I've launched a claim in May 2013 and I'm still waiting for a result. Communication has been poor, I've e-mailed the person dealing with my case and a reply in December 2013 stated he was looking in to some data evidence relating to my claim shortly. However, I've phone him this month and he said the data is corrupt and it will have to go to the IT department. Personally I smell a rat, very frustrating and I'm thinking of putting a complaint in to the regulatory body.

Legal aid is not available for personal injury cases I'm afraid.

You are perfectly entitled to change solicitor. The thing you have to watch is if you are on a 'no win no fee' arrangement. If you discontinue your case without their consent the NWNF element might fall away and you will then be liable to pay for the work they have done at their hourly rates. Read your engagement letter carefully.

You are going to have to be a bit proactive in chasing them on a regular basis about your case, and make a written complaint if not satisfied.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Had an issue with this company as well in that I've launched a claim in May 2013 and I'm still waiting for a result. Communication has been poor, I've e-mailed the person dealing with my case and a reply in December 2013 stated he was looking in to some data evidence relating to my claim shortly. However, I've phone him this month and he said the data is corrupt and it will have to go to the IT department. Personally I smell a rat, very frustrating and I'm thinking of putting a complaint in to the regulatory body.

What kind of claim is it? 10 months isn't that unreasonable depending on the circumstances.

It's premature to complain to the regulators now, you need to make a formal complaint to the law firm first.

You can change a firm whenever you like, just find a new firm who will contact the old. The new firm will have to agree to recover the costs and disbursements of your old firm when your claim settles.