• Tweets

• Yeah I figured, unlikely I'll need credit anyway mortgage all paid off etc so I'll take that on the chin and learn from the experience. Probably would've beaten that too had I remembered the protocol, first time ever going through the process though sob it wasn't familiar to me  Oh well  
    • This is my slightly amended WS taking on board your previous comments, any suggestions for amendments would be most appreciated.  Thank you for you time.   1.        I am the Defendant in this matter. 2.        The facts in this statement come from my personal knowledge. 3.        I became aware of original Judgement following a routine credit check on or around 14th September 2020. 4.        The alleged Letter of Claim dated 7 January 2020 was served to a previous address which I moved out of in 2018, no effort was made to ascertain my correct address. 5.        The Judgement debt was not familiar to me so I began investigations to ascertain what the debt related to and how such a figure had been equated in any event. 6.        I made immediate contact with the Court, the Claimant Solicitors and the Claimants thereafter, asking them to provide me with a copy of the original loan agreement but this was not provided to me.  7.        I sent a Data Subject access Request to Barclays but no agreement was provided – See appendix 1 which details the timeline of communication between myself and Barclaycard as well as copies of correspondence between us. 8.        I do not admit to entering an agreement with Barclaycard in 2000. 9.       The claimant has failed to comply with the additional directions ordered by District Judge Davis and therefore this claim should be automatically struck out.  10.    The claimants have failed to disclose a true executed copy of the original agreement they refer to within the particulars of this claim. They are not entitled to enforce the agreement pursuant to section 78.6 (a) of the Credit Consumer Act 1974 12.   The reconstituted standard Barclaycard agreement that the claimant has included in the court bundle does not satisfy any CCA request and so the claimant is and remains in default of my CCA request and therefore unable to enforce the alleged agreement. 13.  The claimants have failed to provide proof the assignment, such as a deed of assignment. 14.  The claimant has failed to provide a statement of account setting out how the alleged debt accrued under that agreement 15.   Despite numerous requests to the claimant, I have still not seen any evidence, such as an original agreement or deed of assignment, that substantiates the claimant’s assertion that I owe the debt to the claimant, nor evidence of how the debt was accrued. 16.   As per CPR 1.4(2)(a) the court encourages parties to cooperate with each other in the conduct of proceedings in order to try and save time and costs for the parties and to also save the time and resources of the court however, despite vast attempts at mediation the claimants have been most unreasonable and have remained unwilling to mediate. I believe that the facts stated in this Witness Statement are true.  I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth.
    • A set aside application costs £275 which is more than the judgement so not worth it. Not that they would grant a set aside anyway.  Set asides are granted, for example, to people who moved and didn't get the court papers, so have a genuine reason for not defending.  Forgetting doesn't count. Your only choices are to pay up within 30 days, or defy the court and not pay.  If the latter, we've never seen a PPC enforce judgement for a single ticket, ever, you would get away without paying - but you would have a CCJ and a knackered credit file for six years.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

CABOT chasing ex littlewoods barclaycard debt

mysticpols06
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:p Do you seriously think its ok hun? Am bit worried that ive gone and used something wrong or something - knowing my luck the bloomin' statutes etc will have changed like at school run time when i had to break from writing to get sprogs etc lol, i dunno. Hope it's ok - Have actually gotta work out who to complain to first now & how doh! Plus have to get on me other cabot horse and write to complain as they are ignoring that the acc is in dis with Cap one Double Doh! It's gotta be cuppa time [_]? Me brain hurts :D! Back in a sec hun x Ps - Fab news re: Will & our ole pals Lowells eh! ;)

'Confidence grows & heartbeat slows to a steady stronger beat, as each member unites, against DCA fights & we all sail aboard the CAG fleet!' :rolleyes:

:pKeep smiling peeps!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do get a warm and fuzzy feeling when things go our way and knowing that we've been with lowwill(highwill) all the way makes it all the better.

I'm sure others will read that letter and make appropriate comments on it but to me it's bloody brilliant. Far better than I could ever attempt. I shall be stealing it and adapting it to my uses and of course passing it on.

As for the laws you stated, they all look relevant to me.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Bumping for general concensus please as to whether the above is ok to send? Many thanks all. Mpols x

Edited by mysticpols06

'Confidence grows & heartbeat slows to a steady stronger beat, as each member unites, against DCA fights & we all sail aboard the CAG fleet!' :rolleyes:

I'll give you a bump as well

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Here's another one.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I expect that you comply with my request within 7 days of the date of this letter enclosing, if possible, appropriate and clear responses to the issues raised. All other correspondence will be duly recorded and forwarded with the aforementioned complaints.
I would remove 'if possible'.

The letter's fine but don't expect a meaningful response from Cabot. They will probably spout some hot air about "shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any)" and try to state that that means it's okay to not have a compliant copy of the agreement.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

What does Bump mean??
It just moves a thread back up to the top of the forum so that more people will see it.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

When someone needs an opinion and none comes, they "bump" the post. This throws the thread up to the top of the new posts with the hope that some one will see it. By my answering your question also bumps it up which I'm sure Mpols will appreciate.

All she needs is for someone else to look at the letter she has written above and give their opinion.

fox

Hi Fox, Bobby, Fred & Rory Thanks for the 'bumps' boys (bday not til april tho :-):p Irony's a wonderful thing folks - Was bumped good and proper yest to the extent of mild concussion! (Hence no being online) - Long story short, Dropped towel when getting littl'un from bath, Bent to pick it up & 'Bumped' or rather 'massively smacked' (doh) head on edge of basin - ow! (The polite version ha), Ended up with delayed shock & mild discussion (plus a still throbbing bloomin headache)! Anyways, Thanks Rory, To be honest hubby sent letter this morn (rec del) & i had already ommitted the 'if poss' plus edited a couple of sentances on Fox's advice also. Am not really expecting too much from them, as you said already re the standard response, but we shall see. Will be complaining re this acc the same as the other that you advised on (cap one passed on whilst in dis) so will post any reply they bother to send so that if any of you have a chance maybe to look, will be great and then i will think on next stage from there. Best wishes, Take care Mpols x

Hi Mpols,

AWW poor you. Hope the head gets better soon.

It's now a case of wait and see what your letter brings.

As you know, I'll be around to look at what comes back and try and give you the wealth(!) of my experience :)

BTW, my b/days in April too

fox

That sounds like the kind of clumsy thing I would do Mpols. Hope the heads better soon.

I used to have a friend who lived in an old house with low ceilings and wooden beams all over the place. I used to constantly come away with mild concussion.

I would remove 'if possible'.

The letter's fine but don't expect a meaningful response from Cabot. They will probably spout some hot air about "shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any)" and try to state that that means it's okay to not have a compliant copy of the agreement.

:rolleyes:Blimey Rory you really ARE psychic - Had letter this morn (will put up this pm/eve - no time now) Basically spouting the quote above & some other bits just want checked - Also tho, went back over their photocopied T&C's that came through as well & other bits i missed last time (prob wouldn't have made a diff) like "If you sign the attached application form" and their calls info that are "current as oct '07" Yet the form they sent me is signed '03 etc. Anyways, Hope everyone ok - Talk soon, Mpols x

Keep that letter nice and handy Mystic,

Thats a wonderful piece of doctored evidence that the Judge would most likely need to see.

I can see the conversation now.

Judge ' Have you seen the agreement Mystic??'

Mystic 'You mean this one that they are trying to confuse the Honourable Judge with ? Your honour?'

This is page one of latest letter received - opinions/advice gratefully received as always - Many thanks mpols x

cabotagain1.jpg

Morning Mpols,

Standard cr*p from Cabot. They are quite right to say they have complied with the request but would they rely on that in court? I think not.

I'd be giving them one last chance to comply by sending the cpr 31.16 letter and see if they can wriggle out of that.

I'm sure you've had a look but I'll post the link anyway:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use.html

Other than that I'm not sure. Personally I'm beliggerent enough to say that if that's all ya got, bring it on. See you in court. :)

fox

Cheers for prompt reponse hun - Will read up on that thread & link again as am not retaining the info very well at the mo & see if general concensus agrees with us. Lol! Hope u well. Mpols x

to mysticpolso6, re cabot, that is the same letter from cabot that I was talking about on here yesterday that you are on about. Here is my solution, we each purchase each others debt for 10p in the pound then forget about it.

I got reply through today saying they have temporaraly removed my wifes phone number from their records following my letter of complaint, this is a letter received the day after their first letter you know the standard waffle we are your mates, we want to help, this way to the showers ladies and gentlemen, you will be safely looked after and resettled in the east.

Just looks like they are trying to look like they are doing something useful whilst desperatly trying to see if they have any signed documents they think they can produce, and the tone of their letter has changed by saying we have a duty to pay what they say is owed.

Hi fox & others, Hope everyone very well - am having a bit of a thought - Dunno really which way to turn with these now. Keep thinking yep - lisen to the advice & next stage maybe like you said fox the next letter then after that see them in court but whats it gonna achieve? They have my signature on an app form & statements etc that they sent me copies of so i can't really deny the debt is owed but at the same time the info that they DID send me is apparently unenforceable so would they really risk seeing me in court & afterall i can only be charged to pay what i can be judged to afford surely, with the poss of any charges etc removed first? Am certainly not in any position to save up & offer a reduced f&f (can't afford to save bug#er all at the mo :() Don't want to become a won't pay have always paid something until they decided all out of the blue that it wasn't enough and sent me a letter (pretty much a yr to the day of buying my acc) to tell me my agreement was terminated and asking for full balance which is what prompte me to get on here doh! Now, thanks to the wonderful fantastic support from fellow caggers i have taken bull by horns & cca'd almost all our OC/DCA's & so far had one file closed & not a single enforceable agreement received :eek: which is actually quite shocking to think why have i been putting up with the grief & rudery from them all this time & scrimping to pay as much as i can when so far they can't even prove to me they have the right to my cash regardless. So, I dunno hun - S'pose i'm just wondering whether would be better to offer them a £1 a month or something until they provide anything else & in the meantime complain to all & sundry about them & wait for them to pass me on or start chasing - at least then if THEY decided to see me in court i can show that i have been taking responsibility for the balance regardless of fact they not played ball. Aaaarghhhh! Have done nowt 'cept 2nd guess mesen the last couple days. Haven't got a spare tenner to do the sar thingy will have to wait a couple weeks to get that (sad or what). Am bit peeved i think, maybe & defo rambling so am gonna leave it at that & apologise now for the randomness of this post if it doesn't make sense and then prob delete it once have took a deep breath, made a cuppa & have read it back. Hmmmmm. xx