HBOS and OH's card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think they also share, or have shared a few company directors?

And a little gem from Nominet Whois, re the blairoliverscott.co.uk website:

WHOIS Query

;)

They must think we fell off the back of a doorstep...

Sole Trader???? How'd they manage that then???

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers for that CB. I've just had another letter from Moorcroft dated 18th June stating they're going to be sending someone round, so I think I'll be sending in my complaint to TS about them:rolleyes:

They'd better be careful if they do venture round as following my trip to my sisters last weekend I've got a brand new attack kitten. Yes, at the moment my wall and my completely stationary foot are wishing they'd never been born.

Oh, and on OH's other (defaulted and terminated) BOS account, he got another default notice. Dated 16th June, received here on Saturday, remedy date BEFORE 17th June:D:lol::D

:lol: Oh dear, "attack" kitten.. :eek:

You watch them say that was a computer / human error :rolleyes:

If you havent already made a complaint to Trading Standards, I really think now is the time to do it, Lexis. I shouldnt think you will have any problems.. after all, I cant think of one OFT guideline.. they HAVENT breached.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I am wondering if a complaint to the Solicitors Regulation Authority might be a good idea.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yep, I'm going to get on that CB as it's got a bit silly now I think!

Elsa - quite right; I'd noticed that but it didn't occur to me that it's a nice way of tying them in (why would it, it's only what the last few posts have been about:D:rolleyes:)

I am wondering if a complaint to the Solicitors Regulation Authority might be a good idea.

Never heard of them - do BlairOS count themselves as sols then? It's been so long since OH's had a letter from them I can't remember what they call themselves!

Just updating.

OH came back yesterday to a DN that was delivered on Saturday (20th).

This is the third on this (terminated in writing) account, but it beats the other two.

Dated the 16th June, the remedy date is BEFORE the 17th June. Ok then, I'll just set my payments mandate on my online banking to 'last week'. That should do it:rolleyes:

Maybe to Nominet too ;)

What is a registrant?

A registrant is the individual or organisation (e.g. limited company, partnership, sole trader etc) that registers a specific domain name. This individual or organisation holds the right to use that domain name for a specified period of time (two years for a domain name ending in .uk ). This person or organisation is the ‘legal entity’ bound by the terms and conditions of the domain name registration agreement with Nominet.

Wouldn't exactly call Hbos a sole trader...

PS Like the sound of your attack kitten :D

I'm actually thinking of getting a Guard Duck. Wonder if there's any second hand Duck Houses going cheap??

Never heard of them - do BlairOS count themselves as sols then? It's been so long since OH's had a letter from them I can't remember what they call themselves!

Now there's a question. I have just looked at their headed paper and it states quite clearly... Debt Collectors ? I have always believed them to be Solcitors.. where did I get that idea from:confused:

In which case, a straight forward complaint to the whole bag of them to Trading Standards seems in order.

BCOBS

Probably because they keep sending out bleedin' Notice of Intended Prosecution letters!

Sigh... just received a letter from Moorcroft, re OH's Halifax account.. they have sent .... you got it... a bleedin Notice of Intended Litigation letter.....................:lol:

Very important.. 2nd class, dated 19th, with 7 days to respond. Should I accept it as VIP or just take my own sweet time over replying.

BCOBS

Sigh... just received a letter from Moorcroft, re OH's Halifax account.. they have sent .... you got it... a bleedin Notice of Intended Litigation letter.....................:lol:

Very important.. 2nd class, dated 19th, with 7 days to respond. Should I accept it as VIP or just take my own sweet time over replying.

I'd probably go with option 2, but then I'm not terribly organised so generally have a bit of an issue getting anything out quickly anyway:D

It must have been Saturday is DN day 'cause I got one from one of my cc companies as well. But mines not as good as Lexis's, it's a boring correct one... never mind, we will see what else they can send me after my next letter asking where the true copy of the agreement they promised to send me is.. :-)

Keefy (:-)The "Moaner":rolleyes:)Boy

Prepared to take on anyone until I win...................

Just updating.

This is the third on this (terminated in writing) account, but it beats the other two.

Dated the 16th June, the remedy date is BEFORE the 17th June. Ok then, I'll just set my payments mandate on my online banking to 'last week'. That should do it:rolleyes:

Three now....I would love to see what mine ever looked like:rolleyes:!

Milly XX

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

Just updating.

Really Lexis, all you have to do is hop in your Tardis - tsk, some people!;):D

Jeez, I just wasn't thinking straight:rolleyes::D

Hi lexis,

Sorry for the entrance.

I would like to SAR them as so far I have send everything else.

Although they have defaulted me 4 times, and their stupid template letters are coming through, which by the way I keep ignoring them in the same way as they do me, I stil do not pay them a penny(4 months down the line).

Anyway, would you please check if you have in your store any template I could use???

thanks in advance,

DD :-|

Hi London000

No worries, the more the merrier:)

I'd suggest using the template in the letters section on the forums if you're wanting to get an SAR out to them. It's been re-jigged at some point so it's pretty exact on what you want from them now.

They were pretty good with the stuff they sent for the SAR for my OH - only a few bits missing. I can't remember how quick they were now, but I don't remember it being hugely over limit or anything.

If it was something else you are after just let me know and I'll see what I have:)

Hi London000

I'd suggest using the template in the letters section on the forums if you're wanting to get an SAR out to them. It's been re-jigged at some point so it's pretty exact on what you want from them now.

They were pretty good with the stuff they sent for the SAR for my OH - only a few bits missing. I can't remember how quick they were now, but I don't remember it being hugely over limit or anything.

If it was something else you are after just let me know and I'll see what I have:)

Hi lexis,

Thank you for that. I shall look into it and if I need I shall bother you again.

many thanks,

DD:):)

Hi London000

Hi Lexis again,

I would like to ask if you know by any chance if I can use the same SAR I used for the statements (unfair charges) as I know I have paid the max £10.00 and I believe that they did not use the whole amount just disclose these statements....or shall I just try my luck and after send them a £10.00 cheque. I come to think now that If I have used the CPR would I not be entitled to everything they keep and have kept all these years about me???:confused:

Hi London:)

Sorry, I've only just remembered you posted:oops:

I think it depends on when you sent the last SAR, if we're talking 6+ months I think you'll probably have to do a new one. If it's less it's certainly worth asking them to comply with the previous one.

I don't know much about CPR stuff I'm afraid so I can't really help on that front...

Hi London:)

Sorry, I've only just remembered you posted:oops:

I think it depends on when you sent the last SAR, if we're talking 6+ months I think you'll probably have to do a new one. If it's less it's certainly worth asking them to comply with the previous one.

I don't know much about CPR stuff I'm afraid so I can't really help on that front...

Hi Lexis,

Thank you very much for your reply. I belive it was about 6+ months back when I have done it, although they have never answered..and they are with FOS at the moment.

I have mentioned it in my last letter but as we all know it, these "cubicle workers" are keep ignoring every single request.

With regards to the CPR they have to disclose everything as far as I know and that is before going to Court Action which I will consider it as I am already fed-up to keep copy and paste quotes, sites, etc (about the CCA).

As I have upseted our Dear Mrs Anne Gartshore from Halifax one of their cash machine has taken my Debit Card.....even better in court to mention as I am under the JSA...LUCKY me that I have opened another acc 2 weeks ago....:-)

In a way I should thank them as I have met very interesting people on this forum. I should add that I have taken a lot from your lovely letters...

and have been reminding me that the word " smile" is everywhere...just to look for it.

Good luck and keep in touch,

DD:-)

Hey London

Don't ever feel alone, you have no end of friends on here, who are only too willing to help you in any way that we can, evewn if it's something like this... a little booster message, (I could put a few jokes on but I fink I WILL get CAGBOTTED very quickly...) so you just have to suffer the old me, I can'tr tell you much legally but you will learn that on here it is a mind of information and friends.

A hell of a lot of us are totally peed off with these CC companies with the way we are treated but we join together and we get through it, even if its bit by bit, we nag away at them...

I look at it this way in my case, they took everything from me when Northern Rock hit the bottom and now we aint got nothing worth taking, No car (belongs to motability) no money, no nothing except each other, and we carry on. But the thing you have got to understand is that there are ways that you have to do things and some of them take time (the SAR gives them 40 working days I am told) so that finishes up a 8 weeks to say the least and you can't rush it, otherwise if you decide to take them to court and you have not done certain things then it can ewasily backfire on you bigtime. You have to go prepaired to take them on... I'm looking forward to my threads now, CAP1 is going to have to comply with a court order as soon as I get my pensions at the end of the month. bring it on...

Anyway I've rattled on enuf, take care and don't forget, we are here to support you, anytime...

KB

• Haha 1

Keefy (:-)The "Moaner":rolleyes:)Boy

Prepared to take on anyone until I win...................