American Express & DVD

Guest dvdriley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest dvdriley

I requested CCA from AMEX. They have sent a computer generated form with my details, when I applied for the card, number of payments bla bla. Its not even an agreement or an application...infact I,m not sure what it is. I cant post it as every line contains personal info

Has any one had any amex experience. Even my dog could see its not what they are supposed to send!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has any one had any amex experience. Even my dog could see its not what they are supposed to send!!!

I have an Amex that has a rubbish CCA.

It has now recently binned by the 3rd DCA and I did get a letter asking me to contact them. Ummm.......no.

As they still have it, I assume you are still paying. Write to them and point out they have not complied.

If they won't or can't you can draw your own conclusions.

David

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dvdriley

I have received the document shown below in my request to cca. I have sent them a 2nd letter confirming what they sent was not a cca. They insist it is. No signature and no t & c's. What now?

http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u348/dvdriley/amexcca2a.jpg

http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u348/dvdriley/amexcca1a.jpg

I'm not 100% sure on this but I presume there must have been a tick box somewhere in the application saying 'I have read the terms etc etc and I agree to abide etc etc' that a tick box showing this may be enough. And although they haven't sent you the T's and C's which they should have done, along with a statement of balance, they would probably be able to produce the T's and C's from 2007 and a front page showing where you ticked to agree to the T's and C's...it could be a tricky one to fight in front of a judge....as I say, i'm not confident to give out to strong an opinion on the internet applications....hopefully somebody more knowledgable may advise...

I have received the document shown below in my request to cca. I have sent them a 2nd letter confirming what they sent was not a cca. They insist it is. No signature and no t & c's. What now?

http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u348/dvdriley/amexcca2a.jpg

http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u348/dvdriley/amexcca1a.jpg

Is that everything they have sent?

I'm not 100% sure on this but I presume there must have been a tick box somewhere in the application saying 'I have read the terms etc etc and I agree to abide etc etc' that a tick box showing this may be enough. And although they haven't sent you the T's and C's which they should have done, along with a statement of balance, they would probably be able to produce the T's and C's from 2007 and a front page showing where you ticked to agree to the T's and C's...it could be a tricky one to fight in front of a judge....as I say, i'm not confident to give out to strong an opinion on the internet applications....hopefully somebody more knowledgable may advise...

Hmmm, yes dvd I think I share 42man's comments. I understand that AMEX are tricky b*ggers at the best of times and as this is from 2007 I imagine they might just have got it right. However,truly I dont know. I guess you do need the section where you may or may not have ticked to say you agree to the t&cs. I think it has been suggested on another thread, that unless you HAVE ticked the agreement box then you would not have been able to progress further.

Sorry, I havent been much help have I :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I don't think they have complied with your request - send them this by recorded... -

Thank you for your response to my request under the Consumer Credit Act section 78.

I am pleased to see that you confirm this as a true copy of the original agreement executed by yourselves on the XXXXX.

As you must realise this agreement does not conform to sections 60(1) and 61(1) of the Consumer credit Act and is therefore unenforceable under section 127(3) of the same act.

You had until (date here) to provide me with the true copy I requested. After that date you entered into default of my request and I am therefore advising that the matter is now in dispute . Whilst the matter is in dispute, you are not permitted to ask for any payment, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you. Furthermore, whilst the dispute remains, you are not entitled to charge any interest on the account, make any further charges to the account or pass the account to anybody else.

Please note you may also consider this letter a statutory notice under Section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect. This means you must remove all information regarding this account from your own internal records and from my records with any credit reference agencies including any defaults. Should you refuse to comply, you must within 21 days provide me with a detailed breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my data. It is not sufficient to simply state that you have a ‘legal right’, you must outline your reasoning in this matter and state upon which legislation this reasoning depends.

Should you fail to respond within 21 days, I will expect that this means you agree to remove all such data.

• 1 month later...
Guest dvdriley

I asked AMEX for cca , ususal letters. They replied " please find enclosed true copy of the credit agreement enclosed which is enforceable"

This was an online apopplication form taken out 02/02/2007. The so called agreement they sent is headed "CARD HOLDER INFORMATION". It does not contain any terms or coditions, there are no signatures, there is no reference to T and C, it is literaly just my personal information. They have now issued a default notice. I have sent the ususual letters explaining that they have not complied with the cca but they are adament they they have.

What shall, I do.

http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u348/dvdriley/amexcca2ahttp://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u348/dvdriley/amexcca1a.jpg.jpg

Hi dvdriley,

Its an appication form. I have had the same, and have been fighting them on an off for the last 2 years.

Iv just checked back to what I have done and on receiving the e application, I wrote back saying that they had produced and application form, this had no tems and conditions on and is not signed etc etc.

They then puss it to N C O, debt agency, I can give you a really good letter to send to them. Then they will pass it on to N C 0 then R M A and finally UCA. Amex then passed it back to NCO, to which the last reply was they would look into my claims regarding the CCA.

That was in November 2007, and Iv heard nothing since.

Just kept to the no CCA policy, the secret is keep writing back to them with strong letters to all the DCA. It 's worked so far for me.

I Can help with copies of letters through the process if you would like.

Regards bach

I think someone who is well versed in the new online regulations will have to take a look at this one.

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!