Anything in this? Attempt by banks to close this Forum Down. (edit: No.)

jon888999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5674 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is the funniest thing I have read on the forum for a while.

April 1st, anyone?

Might as well go with it, after all, it would be ridiculous if it was true.

I heard that the credit crunch was hitting the forum really badly and that shares in the holding company had shot down as a result. However, on italkoutofmybehind.com, the story produced on the first post, said that the 7 banks in the OFT test case were going to mickey mouse court in London to close the site down cos they had nothing better to do with their time......

LMFAO. Can I ask what is the definition of "active members" cos I am not a member of this forum but a user:p

Bear Garden anyone?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Rooster, I know this is a slight digression but of the 190,00 odd members you quote how many are active?

I suspect that a large number of members sign on to discuss their own problem, and when that is resolved, don't come back.

You are totally missing the point. TOTALLY

190,000 registered users.

Population of UK 60,000,000

Percentage of population in debt and suffering at the hand of DCA’s.

So without actual percentages I kinda hope you are starting to get it.

It’s not about how many regular contributors (no offence to you 900+ users), what happens when someone is about to consider suicide because of DCA harassment. That one person they speak to might have just used CAG and offer advice, sure they get the help they need and go away after but if they tell just one other person.

That’s what is important.

This site needs to grow to such a point that every debtor in the UK knows how to deal with these companies.

When DCA’s have to remove telephone lines because nobody is calling them and lay off telephone collectors….That’s how you measure victory.

While I’m on the subject make draft letters available to non registered users that is just petty business we have come to expect on the net.

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

Oh boy, am I happy I found this site. However, having had my own little problem with MBNA and a couple of others started on the road to resolve purely through this site, am feeling that more publicity could be put out?! Local press, international press, etc. Am I missing a thread? News of the World kinda newspapers spring to mind?! I would so love to see the people on this forum's problems splattered all over the front page of the Sunday papers? Is there a link somewhere I've missed? Would be happy to start one...............

Well I came here in March 2006, to read the electricity meter. I couldn't find my way out again, so I've been wandering around the site, ever since.

I get the Red Cross parcels, every so often. Then there is the occasional chocolate Hob-Nob.

Have things changed very much in the outside world, in the last two & a-half years?

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

This site needs to grow to such a point that every debtor in the UK knows how to deal with these companies.

While I’m on the subject make draft letters available to non registered users that is just petty business we have come to expect on the net.
There's your contradiction.

If the templates were available to non-registered users, this site would never have grown to the point where it is now.

It's not petty, it's common sense. People are not being asked for anything except their registering and be counted. Thanks to that, this site is the largest consumer site on the net and keeps on growing exponentially at no cost to its users. Petty? Anything but. ;)

Rooster, I know this is a slight digression but of the 190,00 odd members you quote how many are active?

I suspect that a large number of members sign on to discuss their own problem, and when that is resolved, don't come back.

Hello Palomino I could be considered to be one of the people in your quote, I will be forever grateful for the help I received from you and others who helped me. I don't say much because there are so many regulars who know so much more than me but I do log on frequently to enrich my knowledge, I'm sure lots of newbies are the same.Regard ML

Hello Palomino I could be considered to be one of the people in your quote, I will be forever grateful for the help I received from you and others who helped me. I don't say much because there are so many regulars who know so much more than me but I do log on frequently to enrich my knowledge, I'm sure lots of newbies are the same.Regard ML

Hi, dont be afraid to speak or feel in any way intimidated by any ones knowledge on here, i know we are all interested in Everyones views.

Were all learning!

Kind regards CCM.

• Haha 1

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

• 2 weeks later...
Close this thread? Is there nothing the banks cannot do? Who do they think they are? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Perhaps what my friend at the bank had heard about was the forthcoming libel case. Maybe the banks are more involved in that then anybody thinks.

I'll speak to my friend in Canary Wharf and see what the latest rumours are. Altough you'd think the banks may have something more to worry about at the moment!!

Well at the very least it shows that we are giving the banks cause for concern if the prospect of CAG being closed down due to a libel case is creating discussion. It would be rough justice indeed if it was closed for that reason as it is something the banks could never achieve;)

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

No.

Let's put to bed this conspiracy theory now.

The initiators of this case are not the banks, they're not DCAs, they're not the establishment in any form or shape. We are talking of a couple of disgruntled individuals, one of them with money. That probably might make it even more pathetic. Allegedly. :rolleyes:

Perhaps what my friend at the bank had heard about was the forthcoming libel case. Maybe the banks are more involved in that then anybody thinks.

I'll speak to my friend in Canary Wharf and see what the latest rumours are. Altough you'd think the banks may have something more to worry about at the moment!!

Right now mate, my blood is boiling with ALL banks, as they are my creditors that are ruining my life with their extortionate interest rates and charges :mad::mad::mad: but I am not going to let them make me personally pay for their recovery. There'll be a Revolution :twisted:

Talking of DCA's, has anyone else seen this?

http://www.imfs.co.uk/downloads/sp-jan08.pdf

It's a cheerily written brochure from one firm proudly proclaiming to have won the 2007 DCA of the Year award!! That's right, they all have a gala dinner together and pat each other on the back!

There's even a cartoon funny about a struggle with debt, to cheer you up of course.

One quote that might make your blood boil even further, is the one in the orange box about the Credit Crunch, actually hoping it is financial meltdown as they'll all be super busy then.

:mad:

Edited by Hullabaloo27

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

William Shakespeare

The cartoon is enough for me, perhaps we should take them up on their offer. We might make it our mission to ring the number given to 'discuss any of the points mentioned in this article*

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

The cartoon is enough for me, perhaps we should take them up on their offer. We might make it our mission to ring the number given to 'discuss any of the points mentioned in this article*

Lex

My thoughts exactly, who are they trying to kid ??????:?:evil:

post removed

Edited by alanalana
post removed

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Oh please, AA, not even as a joke! I've seen enough of that on MSE, with morons with about as much economic knowledge as my dog going on and on blaming reclaimers for it all... one of them even said that he wasn't sure "the taxpayers would be too happy to bail out people who couldn't manage not to go over their limits". (Note the patronising assumption that obviously reclaimers can not possibly be taxpayers themselves, now can they?)... I replied that thankfully, it's not up to the taxpayers to uphold and enforce the laws of this country. :razz:

Yeah but no but yeah, it's all our fault anyway, innit. :rolleyes:

Oh please, AA, not even as a joke! I've seen enough of that on MSE, with morons with about as much economic knowledge as my dog going on and on blaming reclaimers for it all... one of them even said that he wasn't sure "the taxpayers would be too happy to bail out people who couldn't manage not to go over their limits". (Note the patronising assumption that obviously reclaimers can not possibly be taxpayers themselves, now can they?)... I replied that thankfully, it's not up to the taxpayers to uphold and enforce the laws of this country. :razz:

Sorry my post offended you.:p

duly deleted

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.