Moorcroft/littlewoods.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All.

Need a bit of reassurance really.

My partner recieved a letter this morning from Moorcroft regarding a Littlewoods extra account that he applied for. Now they sent him a catalogue and accepted a order but the order did not turn up. Waited a couple of days then queried why.

They said they did not know why and sent the order again. The next day a letter from the company arrived. It was a letter saying the credit had been refused. Did not say why or anything.

All goods were refused at the door due to littlewoods having sent the second order. Recieved a invoice demanding money Rang them up and they said yes credit was refused on XXXXX 6 days b4 we rang them to find why order had not cum. they had credited the first order we refused but not the second. So they looked into it.

Next we recieve a further invoice with the lower amount on it and re rung them. So they had had a glitch in the returns depo with it getting close to christmas and parcels had not bee going threw as quick as expected blah blah blah appoligies cancel the credit.

Got a nother statement showing zero balance. This was all in 2004.

Now we recieve this letter.

Now OH wants me to deal with them So i rang them and asked what they need to say that OH wants me to act on his behalf. Well they want him declared insane or unable to deal with his affairs and a court order.

I said would a letter from him do saying they must deal with me. No No NO must be what we said. Blah blah blah. Politely reminded them of the oft rules. They then said the court order was not necessary.

Yes i know i should not have rang them but some companys require a bit more info than i would be needed like a letter from doc etc.

Well i am in the process of dealing with the CCA request know that one does not exist. Everything done over phone u see. A letter saying must deal with me has also been done.

But the confussion starts here.

Not heard from anyone in nearly 4 years. They have not provided any details regarding the account details and the credit was refused and everything put to zero.

Now me being me i may not have kept that info, due to move 3 years ago, but if i have can i use it to prove not money exists?

Can i also S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) littlewoods without a referance number for this account based on the info that i have from moorcroft?

Oh and just to have a laugh in the leeter advising they must deal with me i have reminded them of the OFT rules. I have also put that if they dont i will report them. then i put As a reputable company i trust i would not have to do this. Oh and just for even more fun i decided to type the addy on the envelope and print it upside down.

Edited by The GodMother
forgot summing.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

:D Now that's a great line to add.

And not forgetting the Moorcroft classic....

"This letter serves that purpose, even if not read by you."

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Oh that line is in there.

Bad NOA in my opinion as i dont think it comples due to not cumming from OC.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

As a reputable company i trust i would not have to do this.

Are you a reputable company??

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Do not waste your breath speaking to the oxygen theives at Morecrap. For the sake of peace and quiet CCA them. You know they have no CCA, I know they have no CCA and eventually the penny will drop with them.

Are you a reputable company??

Me? Never. I'm never good company. Especially with a female. My hands wander everywhere. I'm baaaad. :D

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Do not waste your breath speaking to the oxygen theives at Morecrap. For the sake of peace and quiet CCA them. You know they have no CCA, I know they have no CCA and eventually the penny will drop with them.

CCa will be in the post tomorrow but as i said i just called them to find out what they required from OH so i can deal with them.

I cant believe they say you have to be declared insane in there eyes for u to have a representive.

Edited by The GodMother
spelling

I'm starting to deal with Littlewoods but only with their minions, Nationwide Debt Recovery, who seem to be adding £12 admin charges every 11 days. For what I don't know!

Good luck. Subscribing.

Edited by emmaf01

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

They have a grown up to do that for them, as they're not allowed to have scissors. (or any sharp objects for that matter)

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Blimey Littlewoods seem to like to spread their debt collectors around.... mine was with "Debt Managers Ltd" in Edinburgh.

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!

i dont care how long it takes they have a time limit to provide the cca.

Emma the £12 will be part of the cca. If you dont pay they add a £12 late payment fee and admin charges every 28 days. If NDR are adding it every 11 days then they are breaking the contract. If u have not done so CCA them and report them to TS and OFT

Thanks Jogs/stella.

Rite just spoke to Littlewoods regarding the account as there was something strange going on. I now have the account number and details of where the SAR is to go to.

I spoke to the fraud depo as sumone is collecting on a closed account.

It turns out someone is applying for credit in my OH and my name. Yesterday directly on one of there sites at 8.30 for OH name and yesterday at 9.00 for my name. This was via the web.

Ok this flagged summing for me as neither OH or myself were at home during those times yesterday so something is up. Also under the same IP addy someone has been applying for credit under our names. This is even more disturbing as we have not had the net since 2005 when this started. We got the net in oct 2006 so someone is up to something.

SAR is on its way now.

• 2 weeks later...

they have just rang. Dont know how they got the number as it is new.

They have today requested the CCA request and will hope to get it within 12 working days from today.

Told them thats not good enough and the law states 12 days from delivery he tried arguing they did not get it till today told them to stop lying to me as i have signatury proof they recieved it LAST wednesday and he did not know what to say.

They have advised they have wrote to there client my OH. OFT guidelines broken there then as they we informed to write and contact ME only bad luck OFT complaint being wrote in breif as we speak.

Guest forgottenone
I spoke to the fraud depo as sumone is collecting on a closed account.

Okay, this is totally irrelevent to your situation ... but the stuff about the IP and an account being used when closed by a third party got me thinking ... and reminded me.

In 2006, Littlewoods sent me a letter ... but it had someone foreign sounding person's name, account number ... but sent to my address. Understandably, I was concerned. Phoned LW's ... to be then told that MY address, name and account number had been sent to the person I had recveived a letter for incorrectly. To say I was more than livid, incredulous when they saw nothing wrong in what they'd done etc!

Just thought to mention it. Still got the letter around somewhere. So they screwed up, didn't apologize despite the seriousness of it eg someone else having my name, account number and address ... Never thought of it til your post(s) just now reminded me. So ... now I wonder what horrors could be lurking out there for someone running an account using those details!

ok sent them a SAR relating to this acc and friday i got a letter asking me to ring them to confirm deatails as there is no link between OH and this acc.

So breaking the rules i did, Sorry i was puzzled by there letter and wanted to know more info straight away.

Any way rang them and spoke to secetary of Directors office, thought must be important if speaking to her.

Anyway i was wrong. The acc they are trying to collect on DOES NOT in any way relate to my OH nor is it the acc from 4 years ago.

Tjey asked me to confirm a few details and i did. Now they have told me there must be a computer glitch which linked his name and ths acc.

Now they did tell me this. Do not destroy that letter. the acc is not in debt. they are writing to the owner of acc to explain what is going on and during the next 3 weeks After monday they will try and contact moorcroft to tell they to stop collecting.

So i decided to ring moorcroft and tell them my self. oh that was fun was told that why would littlewoods do that and if that is the truth they will sue littlewoods and want to call me as a witness.

i told them i would not be willing to be called as a witness for them any way they maybe sued for harrasement by me due to them still demanding money on this acc when they have been told of a dispute.

that what i thought.

littlewoods said it was a error/computer glitch so it might be a way of covering there backsides. I cant sue for a error as i cant prove they knew about it b4 i brought it to there attention.

oooh nice breach of Data Protection there, sending data to the wrong person

Time to get Moorcroft a good slap for that one. And give them a good whipping with a bit of dog poo covered rusty barbed wire from me too. :D

Or is that being a little harsh.....

Ok maybe not.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Rite i have a good question for u.

The account they are chasing is CLOSED nd littlewoods have said they cant send me anything to confirm as everything is in archives.

Now would it be a good idea to SAR them as if everything is in archives and they cant acess any info or even send me a letter or even send anytype of letter to say the acc is closed would they be able to acess the info for a SAR request.

Can't be bothered you mean (or the archives don't exist- info lost).

I would SAR them- how old is this info- when was the account closed?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

This account was never really opened.

They opened the account accepted he order then decided to refuse the credit goods had been sent which were refused at door.

This was 2004.

Now would it be a good idea to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) them as if everything is in archives and they cant acess any info or even send me a letter or even send anytype of letter to say the acc is closed would they be able to acess the info for a SAR request.

This sort of situation makes me rub my hands with glee. By law they have to comply with a SAR. There is no way around it.

Trouble is it will cost them a few hundred pounds to have everything retrieved. Go for it!!!

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

This sort of situation makes me rub my hands with glee. By law they have to comply with a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). There is no way around it.

Trouble is it will cost them a few hundred pounds to have everything retrieved. Go for it!!!

All that inconveience to them for a tenner. Sounds like excellent value to me. :D