Lowell Portfolio

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5651 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I started to receive letter from Lowell Portfolio last year about an old debt. I called the number on the letter to discuss repayments, but what they were asking for was well out of my means. I offered half of what they asked for but the kept refusing to accept my offer. This then lead to Lowell threatening to take me to court, which i wrote to them saying that I can't pay more than i offered and it will have to go to court then. I received a letter from the court last week saying a must pay the full amount to Lowell! but how can they do this??? i can't afford to pay the total sum, and now i am worried about balliffs coming and taking things to recover the debt.

Can anyone offer advice please on whether i have any options left, or do i just stuggle and try and meet the installments that lowell are requesting?

thanks

Is the letter definitely from the court? Can you scan it up (obviously removing identifying details)?

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

I can't scan until tomorrow when i'm back at work, but the letter is from the county courts and it does say i need to pay the amount owed to Lowell. Can i dispute this still?

thanks for the quick replies :)

If it's from the courts then surely it will have a case number? Ring up the court and find out when judgment was entered, how come you were not notified etc etc.

(and surely if it's from Lowell and not from the court that contravenes possibly every guideline in the book and serious complaints can be lodged about Lowells?)

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!

i've just got off the phone to the court and apparently the judge past judgement on this and said i had no grounds to dispte the debt.

The court would have sent a pack to you which you should have filled in and returned either admitting or filing a defence. Do you ever recall seeing something like this? (had you perhaps not been opening your post in case it was a nasty letter?)

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

hi, sorry it's been a while since i last updated. i sent a letter asking for lowell to provide copy's of the paper work as advised. i did receive a letter saying they are searching for it. this was followed by another letter a week later saying i could settle the debt now for the sum shown, but it was blank! confussing. a month has nw passed since i asked for a copy of my papers, so any ideas where i stand now, and what i should do????

thanks

You dont need to do anything. Lowells are the so called professionals and should therefore be aware of their LEGAL responsibilities.

You will get two shortdated letters offering you a 60% discount before they admit defeat or produce a totally Unenforceable piece of paper

right so i shouldn't get in touch asking about them stopping the dispute then. The only other thing is that they have tried to put through a charge against my house, with the hearing next month. do you think this will be canceled now?

You seem a tad confused here. They can only get a charging order if there has been a CCJ awarded against you and you did not comply with the directions of the CCJ. Has a CCJ been issued

i received a letter from the court saying lowell were claiming against the debt. i didnt receive a court date, just another letter from the court saying the court had ruled in lowells favor. i then received a letter from lowell or hamiltons stating they will be putting a claim in against my house. i then did the letter like suggested, and that is where i am. am i screwed because the judge has ruled in their favor even though they still havnt proved that they own the debt????

Sounds to me as though you filed a defence but did not get it in, in time, Lowell have then requested Judgment in Default and have been awarded it, hence there being no directions from the CCJ to comply with as no instalment order etc will have been ordered.

From there they have tried to enforce the CCJ by way of a charging order and by the sound it of it have got an interim charging order and a hearing next month to make it final?

You wont be able to set the Judgment aside on the grounds of not receiving the paperwork because it sounds as though you have and I wouldn't risk it given that you have sent some paperwork back and you wouldnt want that produced at the hearing as it would completely undermine that cause of action.

Who is the original creditor and how much do you owe? I know from previous experience of viewing these forums that Lowell are particularly bad at providing info for certain creditors and im also wondering about a bank charges dipsute?

Cheers