Various catalogues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone. I've got a question.

I'm being chased by a number of people. The catalogue ones I got involved with on-line. No vast sums- one is £30 up to about one at £300 I think.

My question is, I know I never signed credit agreements for any of these because I applied for them online. But I did click to say I agreed to their terms and conditions.

Now does this mean I agreed to a CCA? How will this affect the way I tackle them?

I've got a couple of £1 postal orders here ready to start CCA requests for me and my husband, so I need to know if these are business as usual.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Daewoo21, I will. Of course through the various DCAs they are now using!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

When did you apply for the catalogues? Were they after the 2006 regulations came into force? If so, they allow for online applications to not have CCA's and still be enforceable!

• Haha 1

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!

That sounds like me in schtum for some then! Others are pre-2006 I think.

Maybe I can at least get some of the (mounting) charges off?

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Hi,

As The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Electronic Communications) Order 2004 came into force in December 2004 any online agreements entered into prior to this date still need a signed executed credit agreement.

Electronic signatures weren't considered valid until this date.

The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Electronic Communications) Order 2004

Regards.

Scott.

• Haha 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Should I SAR them to find out when the accounts started? Is this still possible for those with a DCA? And what about charges?

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Should I S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) them to find out when the accounts started? Is this still possible for those with a DCA? And what about charges?

Yes, SAR the Origional Creditors :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I dont think id waste money on sar, wether the online sigs are valid or not still makes no difference if the CCA doesnt comply IMHO, just CCA them all and see what you get.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

The thing is I remember Littlewoods sent me a CCA to sign after I'd joined and received goods, which our wonderful child spilt milk on so I didn't send it back. And this was about 12 months ago (at least).

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm being hassled by Littlewoods friends (or family), NDR.

They have added two £12 within 11 days last month.

Now I applied for this account on-line within the last three years and though they posted me a CCA to sign, I know I never signed and sent it back to them.

So what should be my game plan on this one.

They have added lots of £12 charges to the account- one apparantly because they could not contact me (I was in hospital and they were told this) and another because they tried and could not contact me last month( I told them I wouldn't discuss this on the phone, only in writing?)

Anyway- has anyone got any ideas?

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Ask them for the CCA to be sent to you. Remember do not sign the letter. Print your name only.

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Thanks, Berrylover.

I'll send that off tomorrow.

I only had 8 recorded delivery letters and six postal orders to do at the post office today. I know they will be so happy to see me again tomorrow.:D

• Haha 1

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

They're not going to like them by the time I've finished with them. :D

And I've managed to find a load of my old statements etc, and so some other people aren't going to like them either (La Redoute I'm thinking of you.)

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

This debt business is fun- I'm now opening letters I filed, unopened in 2005/6.

I have letters from a full range of DCAs including, Debt Managers, Golds Solicitors, Droyds, NDR, Intrum Justitia, Link, Geoffrey Parker Bourne Solicitors, Gothia/Red Castle Recoveries and Howard Cohen.

All have threatened court action- as yet no court action though, and I didn't reply to 98% of them. I am going to check my credit file soon though. I've been building myself up for five years...

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

This debt business is fun- I'm now opening letters I filed, unopened in 2005/6.

I have letters from a full range of DCAs including, Debt Managers, Golds Solicitors, Droyds, NDR, Intrum Justitia, Link, Geoffrey Parker Bourne Solicitors, Gothia/Red Castle Recoveries and Howard Cohen.

All have threatened court action- as yet no court action though, and I didn't reply to 98% of them. I am going to check my credit file soon though. I've been building myself up for five years...

Yes it can be fun, and interesting, but lets not forget that for some posters it can be crushing, it can ruin their life, weve even had a suicide at the hands of the DCAs, i just thought we should all remember that, its the main reason i try my best to help people that come to this site in distress.

Sorry to sound a bit morbid, i just thought it ought to be said if only for the benefit of new posters and all the DCAs who are looking in.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

No CCM, until about a month ago I was one of those people. I didn't open my post or answer the phone because of DCAs. That's my whole point.

I have never been happy to deal with DCAs before. I write them letters, ', not afraid to answer the phone and then refuse to speak to them. It is all because of this site.

And if I can help anyone else I am glad to be able to. I hate the DCAs for what they have put myself and others through. And now I'm prepared to fight every last one of them for their bullying and harassing of decent people.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Good for you, i wasn't referring to you, i just wanted to make ALL (DCAs in particular) the posters aware of what can and does happen, it just happened to be on your thread, no offence, i hope you understand.

Regards ccm

I understand that this forum is open to all, including some posters who work for some of the companies written about. (that is as polite as I can be)

And they should be informed about the real human misery caused by the practices rife in this industry.

Peoples also need to be informed that you can get control back and you attitude can change with the help of people on this site. Mine certainly can and I will assist anyone I can.

Thanks, CCM.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

NDR have now sent me another letter stating that its a "Pre-Escalation Notice" saying they have tried on numerous occasions to get hold of me. So they are charging me another £12 because of this.

Firstly this is at least the second Pre-Escalation Notice they have sent.

Then there is the fact that as I've been logging all phone calls since the first week of August, I know they have phoned once since the log started. If this is what they think constitutes another £12 for ONE phone call... If that isn't disproportionate I don't know what is.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Another £12 added with the new Pre-escalation notice, because despite trying to contact me on numerous occasions (one phone call which my husband took, telling them I was out), they have been unable to contact me.

Yeah right- they don't know we have been logging our calls since 8th August, so we know they have only called once.

No news CCA wise.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Another £12 added with the new Pre-escalation notice, because despite trying to contact me on numerous occasions (one phone call which my husband took, telling them I was out), they have been unable to contact me.

Yeah right- they don't know we have been logging our calls since 8th August, so we know they have only called once.

No news CCA wise.

yes me too, yet another £12 and i have been pre-escalated too;)

i have been taking their calls but refusing to answer their security questions, and i have had quite a few "silent calls " off them, i have sent them a very shirty harrassment letter,

• 2 weeks later...

A letter from Bolton- Shop Direct Financial Services- saying "unfortunately we are unable to locate a copy of your executed agreement, but for your information we enclose a current copy of the agreement which applies to this type of account."

They then tell me when the account was opened, outstanding balance, payments made and that statements are issued every 28 days.

So that means I have my first unenforceable debt?

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08