Debt following death.

nuthatch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JonCris...oh heck, that really never crossed my mind at all. I have read back through this thread and edited sections so I hope I can remain anonymous.

I will be more careful.

TheChancellor would you mind editing your posts referring to the amount I owe?

Thanks.

Another letter from Cabot to say they are going to remind Goldfish to supply CCA again.

I think their computer must be programmed to send out these letters as it is exactly the same as the last one...even down to the number of days they state it is since I made the original request!

well at least they are keeping u updated.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 3 weeks later...
I have had my DMP review with the CCCS and my monthly payment has been reduced by more than a quarter as I am off sick. This is towards a debt of just over £40000.

I asked the counsellor about making F &F offers with the lump sum I have and she said I could either pay off the smaller accounts or offer everyone a pro rata amount. They would probably get about 30%.

What worries me here, and it is better to say now,is an implication of money in a bank account. I hope it is independent of any creditors related banks. Some creditors are ruthlessly using "Set Off". They cleaned someones bank account of a months money leaving them £1.00 for the month. Hope any money paid into an account is independent.

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

What worries me here, and it is better to say now,is an implication of money in a bank account. I hope it is independent of any creditors related banks. Some creditors are ruthlessly using "Set Off". They cleaned someones bank account of a months money leaving them £1.00 for the month. Hope any money paid into an account is independent.

Someone on here will have a list of which banks are "related".

I would stick your cash into premium bonds for a couple of months whilst you are negotiating.Theres a good chance you could win a bit more & it is away from harm.

I have been away for a few days and have returned to a lot of mail which I will be asking help with tomorrow when I am not so tired.

In answer to overdone's post and TheChancellor's followup. The money I have is in local building society which is not connected to any other bank as I had got that info from CAG previously.

JonCris...oh heck, that really never crossed my mind at all. I have read back through this thread and edited sections so I hope I can remain anonymous.

I will be more careful.

TheChancellor would you mind editing your posts referring to the amount I owe?

Thanks.

Sorry NH, I hadn't seen your request but had a PM to say it had been edited.

My "edit" button never works anyway for some reason.:???:

I have been trying to use the Dummies Guide to try and post a link to a post in the thread "Chalkitup v HFC(Marbles)/Robinson Way" which shows a copy of an application form for a Marbles CC because I have received one which is virtually the same following my CCA request to Robinson Way.

I have also failed miserably trying to use Photobucket.

The very very poor copy of the Application Form does say that I applied for the card in 2002 but is almost illegible. I can make out headings "Use of your information" "Note for the Applicant" and "Marketing and Market Research" I have signed it and so has someone else in the "For Office Use" box.

There is nothing about interest rates etc.

Should I start separate threads for my debts or is it OK to leave everything on this thread?

Also, should I carry on paying the money via my DMP with CCCS to the accounts where no CCA is forthcoming or zero the balances so no money goes to them?

I have now had a letter from Cap1 bank about my CC debt which says they are going to do something to me in 28 days but I have forwarded it to the CCCS for their comments.

I am so sorry about all these questions but it is very scary being on your own. I am not usually a wimp but I am finding these weeks following my husband's death very difficult.

Should I start separate threads for my debts or is it OK to leave everything on this thread?

Also, should I carry on paying the money via my DMP with CCCS to the accounts where no CCA is forthcoming or zero the balances so no money goes to them?

I have now had a letter from Cap1 bank about my CC debt which says they are going to do something to me in 28 days but I have forwarded it to the CCCS for their comments.

I am so sorry about all these questions but it is very scary being on your own. I am not usually a wimp but I am finding these weeks following my husband's death very difficult.

Hi NH

You're not on your own - that's the beauty of CAG:grin:

Is this the link you wanted?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/152785-chalkitup-hfc-marbles-robinson.html?highlight=chalkitup

Nuthatch your not really on your own you have a lot of friends that dont care about the lots of questions even if you feel they are stupid. Trust me a year ago i think i was asking he same stupid questions as u.

Yes it might be easier for you to have seperat threads for each debt then we can help u a lot better as info wont get mixed up.

GM

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Nuthatch

You are in good hands here. I see Joncris keeping an eye out for you as i type.

I lost my Auntie last week and i have to go through probate as well to sort out her affairs. The tax forms alone put you off.

Are there any charges on the Capital One account?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Are there any charges on the Capital One account?

Sorry to hear of your loss.

There are charges on the Cap1 account which is actually my own debt. I will be pursuing this (and all the others) when I can get myself organised.

I really will try and get threads started for each of my debts so that I am not confusing everyone :( about which are my debts and which are my late husband's.

Stupid letter from Egg.

I sent them a copy of my husband's will and had a letter back to say "we note your husband did not leave a will!!!!"

Can they actually read?

And the letter also had a note to say that Egg could confirm that proof of my husband's debt had already been sent.

Well actually, no it hasn't.

So I have written back pointing out their mistake.

see ur getting good at this already. Did not need our help in what u need to do.

Give your self a pat on the back for that.

Stupid letter from Egg.

I sent them a copy of my husband's will and had a letter back to say "we note your husband did not leave a will!!!!"

Can they actually read?

And the letter also had a note to say that Egg could confirm that proof of my husband's debt had already been sent.

Well actually, no it hasn't.

So I have written back pointing out their mistake.

Hi NH

Why did you let them see the will?

Sorry for delay TheChancellor my Mum has beeen poorly and has had to go into care.

I did ask further back on this thread about sending a copy of the will (I think) and was told it wouldn't do any harm.

Anyway, it's just one sheet naming me as Executor and leaving anything to me.

As it is, now I have all the bills in relating to the funeral (not including the headstone) there is about £1000 left to share amongst creditors owed nearly £30000.

Egg have been so stupid. I have written to them several times and they keep sending letters back that bear no relation to any comments I have made. They sent me a huge document to fill in detailing our assets :rolleyes: which I have ignored.

Do they really think I am in a fit state to deal with all this?

I have now sent copies of all my husband's creditors' letters together with a breakdown of costs to show how little is left after paying the bills.I have nothing to hide.

I have said I would like to be able to afford a headstone so don't ask for anything else.

I am still trying to pluck up the courage to act on the advice on the threads I have started about my own debts. I just don't seem to be able to find the courage.

I am still trying to pluck up the courage to act on the advice on the threads I have started about my own debts. I just don't seem to be able to find the courage.

"Corporate Bodies have no soul" Because what you are being advised to do maybe goes against the core of your own nature and contrary to how you have been raised to think. Your head needs to go to another place to deal with Organisations. It is not as though you are dealing with friends and family.

• Haha 1

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

Hi NH

Nice to see you back.:D

Go & sort a headstone if that will bring you comfort & there wont be much change from £1000.Then they can go & whistle Dixie if that is the last of your husband's assets?

Once that half of things is out of the way we will work a way through your list.Chin Up.

Hi NH

Go & sort a headstone if that will bring you comfort & there wont be much change from £1000.Then they can go & whistle Dixie if that is the last of your husband's assets?

This made me smile.

You have a great way of putting things in perspective. Thanks.

I am up at an unearthly hour as just had a call from the home my Mum has moved into to say she has fallen and they are sending her to hospital.

I had only been asleep for a couple of hours and I think I am too tired to drive the 30 miles to be there with her so I'm waiting for news.

From the carer's description, I have a horrible feeling Mum has a fractured neck of femur.

• Haha 1