Barclaycard / Mercers CCA

jd0s1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I worked for Barclays a couple of years ago and took out a staff loan. The aplication was made over the phone. They called back the next day and said it had been successful and that the money had been transferred to my account.

Would this type of loan still fall under the consumer credit act.

• 3 weeks later...

I have CCA'd Barclays Staff Loans, I have the tracking receipt that proves they received it. They are now over 12 days and have not acknowledged or replied. Is there a template letter for my to say they can no longer take payments. Due to pay more next week but they are now in default.

Do i have to wait a further 30 days before witholding payment?

Thanks

Hi,

Don't think there is a template for that.

After the 12 Days, you can withhold payments. Don't contact them again until the 30 further days are up.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Yes :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 4 weeks later...

I sent three CCA requests off on 24th June. Two of them went to Littlewoods and Great University. Both replied saying they cant find it but sent a completely blank one so I ca see what one looks like.

The third was sent to Barclaycard. Royal Mail says it still hasn't been signed for, and have since received a letter from Merceres.

Has anyone ever had a problem with recoded delivery?

Hi jd0s1,

Yes I have......strangley enough....Littlwoods!

Did you sent to the PO Box address?

I now always send recorded letters to the registered office address! I found that this only happens when letters are sent to PO Boxes.

I have littlewoods data protection unit as:

Park Lane,

Liverpool.

L72 1LQ.

Littlewoods Shop Direct.

1st. Floor,Skyways House.

Speke Rd.

Speke.

Liverpool.

L70 1AB.

Littlewoods personal loans.

100 Old Hall Street.

Liverpool.

L70 1AB.

Yes i have had problems with recorded signed for on a few occasions, its no good complaining either theyre not interested.

The only one you can rely on is special delivery next day, expensive but essential for important docs

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Guest forgottenone

Curious. Only say that because ... Re BC. Happened the reverse last time I sent RD. Got confirmation from the PO box but none from the Pavillion Drive one. RD is notoriously unreliable. You certainly don't get what you pay for eg 'track and trace' ... cos if it doesn't get delivered, they cannot even tell you verbally where your item is in the system. But I note it's DCA's/creditors this tends to happen a lot with. Wonder why:rolleyes:

No, it isn't much good complaining. Fact is, you aren't receiving even a basic level of service. Paid for.

The reason it shows up as not signed for with a lot of companies is because the post room usually signs one copy with multiple items on, so unless yours is on the first page then you don't get proof that its been delivered. I had 10 items not shown as being signed for but they were all delivered. I complained to Royal Mail and they sent a book of stamps for each one not signed for. Basically recorded delivery is a con, you're just as well getting proof of posting, which is free, and usually delivered next day.

Guest forgottenone

Thanks, will try that then. In the meantime, I shall submit a compensation form - well, they did 'invite' me to do so when I complained on the phone - for the cost of my RD *untraceable, no show of delivery etc* but also refund of PO - not cashed, though I suspect that is a delaying game by the creditor - and will consider claming extra for the fact that as a result of failure to provide me a basic service eg at least tell me where it is, let alone if it's been delivered etc ... for the fact that as it was a legal matter, things will get worse for me now because of their failure. Don't think I will get very far, but no harm in trying. But I do have the complaint form. :D

Guest forgottenone

Ok, thanks. If I don't reply it's because I am watching Nicholas Cage in National Treasure 2 ... which I was meaning to 2 hours ago ... then came on CAG. :D

Alright for some :rolleyes:

One day, I will be able to afford a laptop :D

Well I've found it, took me a while tbh but I might've known it would be something related to Crapquest (my first post on CAG last year :eek:)

Here you go (I was going to call you FO, but the initials are as bad as BO :eek:)

Royal Mail Customer Service Centre

2 Admirals Way

Doxford International Business Park

Sunderland

SR3 3XW

Recorded delivery telephone number is 08459 272100 but don't ring it, go for 01752 387153 as it's non-geographical (cheaper!)

Just for info, here's an amazing website (thanks to our own DMD) :-

SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers

It will show you the non-geographical number for the company concerned, then you don't pay through the nose to ring them ;)

Guest forgottenone

(((BF))) Yes, I know I am still here ... *whistles innocently* ... but now I am not. *pff vanishes in fake smoke* :D

Hi,

I sent a CCA request to Barclaycard. Since then, they have passed the debt on to Mercers who have now sent a default notice and said I must pay the arrears by 20th July. Can they do this? BArclay card have since defaulted on the CCA request.

Jon

Mercers are barclaycards in house DCAs, they are sitting at the next row of desks from the barclaycard employees, just in case you weren't aware

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Also Barclaycard are well known for not having enforceable agreements for many of their accounts. They will still hound you for payment for a few months though. Then they'll pass it on to a DCA.

Just keep the pressure on them, remind them of their obligations. When the DCA gets hold of it, CCA them too, and put the account in dispute. Keep copies of all correspondence, then hit them with a complaint to the OFT and FOS once you have the evidence of them harassing you for a debt they cannot prove you own.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related