Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ill try ringing again in 30 mins but world like your thoughts on this

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good Afternoon All,

Guys im bricking it now and very distressed, I,ve tried to phone the court to find out what Optima have told me is true but i cant get an answer on the phone it just keeps ringing ( are they at lunch do you think).

Anyway ive just got two letters both dated 7th may from optima legal one says the court has not received my letter requesting my hearing be vacated which is this tuesday.

The second letter says the judge has not adjourned the trial date so the trial on the 12th may still stands.

As you know my dads funeral is on this date so there is no way i can go to the trail and if they get judgment by default i will appeal.

I finding it hard to believe that a DJ would allow it to go ahead given the circumstances.

Do you think optima are trying to pull a fast one knowing that i will not attend ?

Also ive heard nothing from the court on this surely i would of done ?

Please help any words of wisdom here

Regards

PF

Firstly chill PF!! It's a Friday, they are probably short staffed and people are at lunch.

Whatever happens, you know that you will be at your Dad's funeral on Tuesday regardless.

If the case proceeds without you, which I personally would be extremely surprised at, then you will need to appeal this afterwards.

I don't know the legal process so hopefully someone else can advise.

Nonetheless, relax, you have tried your best to advise the court. Optima are just total **** if they haven't voluntarily agreed to vacate in the circumstances. Is the only way they can win cases these days I wonder??:mad:

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

May be send an email (if the court has an email address) attaching your original letter (just in case it did get lost in the post)

Mark it urgent and for the attention of the court manager.

ok on the phone to court now they just locating my file

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

May be send an email (if the court has an email address) attaching your original letter (just in case it did get lost in the post)

Mark it urgent and for the attention of the court manager.

This is an excellent idea, PF. Alternatively, can you access a fax machine ?

Fingers crossed you get through. {{}}

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think that you need to speak to listing - but one quick observation - if the Court hasn't received the application how can the other side say its' been turned down...

I've known cases be cancelled at 4pm the day before trial - so don't panic - speak to listing

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Do they have faxes in libaries ?

Do they have faxes in libaries ?

I am not sure, perhaps phone and check. Some cyber cafes do I think.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I've known cases be cancelled at 4pm the day before trial - so don't panic - speak to listing

Yep, IGNM is right again...that's why they list 4 cases for the same time slot!! ;)

Deep breaths now PF...:)

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

[email protected]

Criminal listing:

[email protected]

Family:

[email protected]

Bailiffs:

[email protected]

Hearings:

[email protected]

e-Filing:

[email protected]

Witness service:

[email protected]

Ok which one do i use

PF

[email protected]

Criminal listing:

[email protected]

Family:

[email protected]

Bailiffs:

[email protected]

Hearings:

[email protected]

e-Filing:

[email protected]

Witness service:

[email protected]

Ok which one do i use

PF

I would do hearings and copy to enquiries....

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Faxes - I think you'll find that if you pop into the average insurance brokers they'll send a fax for you

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

lol welshmam thats what ive done before i read your message great minds think alike

ok they said on the phone that it will be put before a judge again today and that they will ring me i dont hold out much hope of them ringing so ive emailed it also

Just cant believe after informing MBNA OPTIMA LEGAL and the court in good time im now running around like a headless chicken trying to find out what is going on.

PF

I agree, this is so unfair PF. Extra stress you really dont need at this time. {{}}

BCOBS

If what optima say is not true a think a complaint is in order to the solicitors regulatory body. anyone agree ?

PF

Just out of interest did Optima legal object to adjourning

If what optima say is not true a think a complaint is in order to the solicitors regulatory body. anyone agree ?

PF

Yes - most definitely

IGNM,

I have no idea as the two letters i got today was the first ive heard from them on this matter.

PF

IGNM,

I have no idea as the two letters i got today was the first ive heard from them on this matter.

PF

The court should be able to tell you if the other side objected to the stay.

Best of luck Pompey

S.

Thank You ill update when i hear more

PF

Hiya Guys,

Right I've had a reply from the email I sent to court, as below now they cant do anything now until Monday so I will see my mum over the week end and see if she still has copies of the death cert i know she had quite a few but i also know quiet a few where sent to places like his bank, royal marine pension, other pensions he had etc my brother is the executer so i would of thought he would of backed up a copy. if so ill get this sent first thing monday.

Regards

PF

Dear

I have referred your letter to the District Judge who has asked me to

contact the Claimants Solicitors by telephone to ask whether they consent to

the adjournment or whether they require you to make an application to

adjourn the hearing.

I have been unable to contact the case holder at Optima Legal but have left

a voicemail message for her (Nageena Kauser) as well as leaving a further

voicemail message with her colleague.

Once I have heard back from Optima Legal, I will contact you to let you know

what their position is.

In the meantime it would be useful if you could provide a copy to the court

of your fathers death certificate. If you are able to send a copy through

via fax, the number to dial is (023) 92826385. Please mark the fax for my

attention.

If you need to contact me by telephone I am available on (023) 92893008.

Yvonne Moorecroft

Civil Section Manager

Portsmouth Combined Court Centre

Edited by pompeyfaith