• Tweets

• I see jenrick has stuck his head up with them, and I'm sure this wont faze their nasty rhetoric one wit-less UK growth since 2010 has been lacklustre and largely driven by immigration, says report UK growth since 2010 has been lacklustre and largely driven by immigration, says report | Economic growth (GDP) | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Resolution Foundation report suggests parties are dodging the economic challenges facing the country   Net migration is more than two and a half times the 2010 figure despite a string of Tory pledges to reduce it Immigration: how 14 years of Tory rule have changed Britain – in charts | General election 2024 | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Net migration is more than two and a half times the 2010 figure despite a string of Tory pledges to reduce it    
    • Will get them done asap My job changes week to week so at the time I didn’t know. 
    • You will probably get a couple more reminders followed by further demands fro unregulated debt collectors with even increasing amounts to pay. They are all designed to scare you into paying.  Don't. It's a scam site and they do not know who was driving and they know the keeper is not liable to pay the PCN. Also the shop was closed so they have no legitimate interest in keeping the car park clear. So to charge £100 is a penalty as there is no legitimate interest which means that the case would be thrown out if it went to Court.  Keep your money in your wallet and be prepared to ignore all their letters and threats. Doubtful they would go to Court since a lot more people would not pay when they heard  MET lost in Court. However they may just send you a Letter of Claim to test your resolve.  If yoy get one of those, come back to us and we will advise a snotty letter to send them.  You probably already have, but take a look through some of our past Met PCNs to see how they are doing.
    • Hello, been a while since I posted on here, really hoping for the same support an advice I received last time :-) Long, long story for us, but basically through bad choices, bad luck and bad advice ended up in an IVA in 2016. The accounts involved all defaulted, to be expected. In 2018, I got contacted by an 'independent advisor' advising me that I shouldn't be in an IVA, that it wasn't the solution for our circumstances and that they would guide us through the process of leaving the IVA and finding a better solution. I feel very stupid for taking this persons advice, and feel they prey on vulnerable people for their own financial gain (it ended with us paying our IVA monthly contribution to them)-long and short of it our IVA failed in 2018. At the same time the IVA failed we also had our shared ownership property voluntarily repossessed (to say this was an incredibly stressful time would be an understatement!) When we moved to our new (rented) property in August 2018, I was aware that creditors would start contacting us from the IVA failure. I got advice from another help website and started sending off SARs and CCAs request letters. I was advised not to bury my head and update our address etc and tackle each company as they came along. Initially there was quite a lot of correspondence, and I still get a daily missed call from PRA group (and the occasional letter from them), but not much else. However, yesterday i had a letter through from Lowell (and one from Capital One) advising that they had bought my debt and would like to speak with me regarding the account. There will be several.of these through our door i suspect, as we did have several accounts with Capital One. Capital One have written to us with regular statements over the last 5 years, and my last communication with them was to advise of of our new address (June 2019), I also note that all of these accounts received a small payment in Jan2019 (i'm assuming the funds from the failed IVA pot). Really sorry for the long long post, but just thought id give (some of) the background for context.... I guess my question at the moment is.....how do I respond to Lowell...do I wait for the inevitable other letters to arrive then deal with them all together or individually...? Do I send them a CCA?  Many thanks
    • hi all just got the reminder letter, I have attached it and also the 2nd side of the original 1st pcn (i just saw the edit above) Look forward to your advice Thanks   PCN final reminder.pdf pcn original side 2.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lloyds v Me

Viano
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

RE ABOVE

ii) By entering his existing credit card number in the relevant box the Defendant applied for his existing credit card balance to be transferred to any new credit card account:

-------------

IS THIS OFFICIALLY A MODIFICATION TO THE ORIGINAL CONTRACT ???

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone tell me please, is there a difference between an application which is filled in at a Bank branch and one filled in at home ie a mail shot application. If so what are the differences?

Viano

If you are talking about applictions for a credit card, I don't think there are any differences. However, it is an offence for banks to canvass for cards off trade premises and that would include your home (unless you carry out your business from home) - section 49 CCA 1974

Hi Steven,

I ask because at the bottom left hand side of the application form it says 'Please complete and return to Card Services' and the address, also I seem to recall that in those days (2000ish) one received applications through the post as part of the Banks marketing programme. And if it were in house why would they, the Bank, need to know where to send it.

Viano

Viano

You asked me to look at the POC in post #100. It's pretty thorough but does omit one or two important details:

1. They do not admit to actually having an enforceable agreement. All the stuff about terms is just hot air if they do not

2. In their detailed history, they omit to say if they sent a default notice. Again, if they did, not, the whole POC is hot air.

Thanks for looking. As I have said in my last post I am concerned about the authenticity of the application and 2) I will look to see if there is a DN.

I'll let you know if I find a DN, and thanks again for your help.

Viano

Steven,

I have had a thorough look, I can't find a DN.

With reference to the Order Para 2 states 'The Claimant do file at Court and serve upon the Defendant a fully particularised Particulars of Claim', it seems that they have not, what are the ramifications of this. Will this help my defence - which has to be filed by 4pm 31st December 2008.

V

Edited by Viano

I would put in a defence but include this request.

Did they ever send a copy of an enforceable agreement?

If not, you defence would something like:

1. Basic 'history' of claim...

2. You are embarrased in providing a defence because they have not supplied an agreement or statement of account so you don't know what the debt is or how it is made up.

3. Some stuff on the importance of an agreement (from a pt2537 defence - loads around on the site)

4. They have been ordered by a court to provide... but have failed to do so

5. Ask the court to strike out their claim on the grounds that without an agreement they have no prospect of success (CPR 3.4(2)(a) and on the grounds that they have failed to comply with an order of teh court (CPR 3.4(2)©)

6. Request permission to amend your defence should the court not be minded to strike out the claim and if the claimant actually produces the required documents

Hi Steven,

Re your post #108 1) they DO NOT admit to having an enforceable agreement. 2) Their fully particularised PoCs, post #100, consists of 'Agreement Number ***etc as in post #11 and the back of a full sized application form, the Ts being a different size from the front, a credit card brochure and credit card statements. These do not in my opinion constitute a detailed history. Also there is no mention of a DN.

Having read and re-read your comments their (fully particularised) claim seems to be waffle designed to confuse, and its working!

Another point, the application form is not filled out in my hand writing, how can I get sight of the original to be able to prove this?

Sorry to be incohereent, but I must get the bones done before Christmas so that I can get the finished article to the opposition by New Years Eve.

Viano

Hi Steven,

The DN IS mentioned in 'Breach of the Agreement' Para 16 Amended PoCs.

As to the "Agreement" they allude to "Application Form and Agreement" and "the Application Form" This part of the PoCs is headed The Application.

The "Application Form" has a signature on it, but in their Amended PoCs the Ts & Cs are on a completely different sheet.

They don't as I read it actually have an enforceable agreement.

Your comments will, as ever, be welcome.

Viano

A valid DN has a very specific format. Any variation makes it invalid.

To be enforceable, an agreement must have your signature and the prescribed terms on one shet of paper. For a credit card, the prescribed terms are the credit limit or a statemement that there isn't one, how the minimum repayments are derived and the interest rate. The other T&Cs can be in a seperate document.

Should they have sent me a DN with the Amended PoCs?, and the "Application Form" they have sent me is on a very different size of paper to the "Card Conditions"

Within the package they sent me is a copy of an original (blank) application form - much larger than the copy of what they are calling "The Agreement". Also, 2/3rds of the way down on this virgin application form it says 'Please complete and return to: Card Services etc, etc. Now call me picky, but if I filled in this form, why is it NOT in my hand writing? Can I bring this up in my Defence.

Viano

They have sent you a whole bunch of stuff but none of it amounts to an enforceable agreement AFAICS.

Pt2537's defences have a whole load of stuff about the need for a valid agreement - you should include that.

• 5 weeks later...

I am trying to get to grips with the AQ, its got to be in the post last thing Friday 22nd Jan 2009, but I am bogged down so any help will be gratefully received.

Relevant previous posts #90 Court Order and #100 Amended PoCs.

Questions-

1) No Copy of DN in the PoC, is this relevant as I read somewhere that all docs. that will be relied on should be in the PoCs. Is this CPR part 16.

2) Application/Agreement in the bundle are patently not the same document as the T's & C's.

3) Can I still ask for a physical inspection of the Application/Agreement, I think its 31:14 to prove/disprove this.

4) There are unlawful charges in the statements they sent me.

5) I complained to the bank about the charges in June 2007 and to the FoS in November, should I mention this.

6) Can I use, I think its 3.4 (2)© part 3, as they have not complied with the Court Order, see post 90.

7) What are the chances that they still have the Original Documents.

I'm sorry that I've left it rather late, but I have been somewhat unwell and am not yet fully recovered and am still not thinking clearly.

Viano

Hi Steven,

I could really do with some help on the draft directions please.

I believe that the opposition have not complied with the Court Order, see post 90, which in my opinion should cover anything I put in the draft directions i.e. a non compliant application form and no copy of a DN allegedly sent in August 2008.

In 'Other Information' I am going to quote CPR part 16 Practice Direction 16, CCA s61(1)(a), s60(1)(2) and SI 1983/1553.

How should I point out to the Court that they have apparently blatantly failed to comply with the Order issued last November.

I am sorry if I sound vague but I am still suffering a viral infection and am not yet thinking clearly.

Regards

Viano