Parking Contravention Athena ANPR Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3778 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I received my first notice to pay £45 because I parked in a lidl's carpark last Saturday night, we were at a concert over the road, I think everyone parked there.

Am I right in thinking I ignore all the letters these people will send me even though they have photos of my registration.

Thanks

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

You might like to know that after sending a letter off to Athena ANPR contesting their outrageous parking "charge", composed using the helpful advice found here, I received a cancellation notice of the "charge" in the post.

So that's at least £45 quid saved thanks to the contributors on this site. Thanks everyone. I hope this encourages others to fight back.

Regards

'Big' Sim

You might like to know that after sending a letter off to Athena ANPR contesting their outrageous parking "charge",... I received a cancellation notice of the "charge" in the post.

:jaw: omg! That is so rare. what did you do to deserve that?

Who knows. It's not what I expected.

FYI here is the text I used:

Dear Sir,

Re: your letter dated 99th November, 2010. Reference 123456789

Thank you for your letter dated 99th November 2010.

It seems that you have got my details from the DVLA and I confirm I am the keeper of the vehicle in question. I request that you take this matter up with the driver of the vehicle at the time in question.

I absolutely deny your claim that the amount claimed, or any amount at all, is due to you from me.

I note your comments about debt collectors. Given that this debt is in dispute I shall simply advise them that the debt is in dispute and they will have to refer back to you.

Yours faithfully,

• 5 months later...

Hi i got a letter on 27/4/11 stating that my vehicle over stayed...

I ignored this and now have another letter stating that this is a final reminder for payment and if not paid this will be past over to debt collectors.

Shall i do the same as before with this letter?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28028[/ATTACH]

Hi all i received this a few days ago..? I still have made no contact with the company at all just been listening to you guys.. But on this letter it says it'll be passed to debt collectors..? Any advice

For "debt collectors" substitute the words "tea boy" and it is just about the same effect. (actually it probably is the same person really!) :)

Hi all i received this a few days ago..? I still have made no contact with the company at all just been listening to you guys.. But on this letter it says it'll be passed to debt-collectors..? Any advice

Yep. Everyone gets this letter, here it is again, snap! (very common, this is not mine BTW):

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m604/FTPPCs/AthenaLetter3-1.jpg

It's a standard computerised template threatogram. Ignore it.

Google the words 'PPC letters, what to expect' and the result will show you pictures of Athena's whole letter-chain, that's where I got the above picture from. Then you will know what to ignore next, pathetic rubbishy letters from LRC unless they have changed their debt-collector recently.

Debt-collectors are just pen pushers, they cannot send the boys round nor affect your credit rating as there is no credit agreement involved. Nothing happens, it's bothersome but that's it, like ignoring annoying phishing emails.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you, Will take your advice. Who are the appropriate authorities for complaint under Consumer Credit Act?

Trading Standards and the OFT are the best two.

• 1 month later...

Hi all i also received a LRC letter today saying outstanding amount is £115 and need to be paid by monday 25th july otherwise court proceedings will start with no further reference to me etc etc... Also says at the bottom in bold PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE

M Drew Have you a debt to pay? No you just got a speculative invoice wait till you have had the rest of the letters including the last chance before court action you may get several of these and then it will all go quiet having contacted them you may get more than the usual run of letters Ignore everything unless you actually get a county court summons or win the lottery which is more likely

• 6 months later...

Hi all. A friend has received his first "Civil parking charge notice" from Athena ANPR. I have been researching and came across this site packed with great information.

I can see a lot of people say just ignore.

Is there anyone here who is no longer recieving letters by ignoring them and if so how long did it take for them to leave you be?

Also, has ANYONE been taken to court or had a CCJ imposed because of a civil parking charge imposed by Athena ANPR?

I would greatly appreciate answers from people that have been through this process before I give any advice.

Many thanks in advance

Paul

Hi all. A friend has received his first "Civil parking charge notice" from Athena ANPR. I have been researching and came across this site packed with great information.

I can see a lot of people say just ignore.

Is there anyone here who is no longer recieving letters by ignoring them and if so how long did it take for them to leave you be?

Also, has ANYONE been taken to court or had a CCJ imposed because of a civil parking charge imposed by Athena ANPR?

I would greatly appreciate answers from people that have been through this process before I give any advice.

Many thanks in advance

Paul

Hello Paul. You should find all the information you need from reading around this forum.

PPCs don't do court and on the rare occasions when they try, it regularly goes wrong.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Trust me just ignore it i have not heard anything since the last msg i posted i have had about 4-5 letters in total there a load of money grabbing [edit] [edit] searching for the weak ones that pay straight away :mad2:

Edited by citizenB
Removing problematic word.

• 2 weeks later...

I am so glad I found this site..! After reading majority of the posts I intend to email them (as the Notice had an email address)

I have received your letter regarding the overstay parking fee/invoice at Lidl – not Waitrose – Lidl. After contacting the Consumer Action Group I will not pay this extortion amount. If you decide to send me letters from legal recoveries and debt collection companies or possible court proceeding letters I will choose to ignore them. I have not broken any laws and therefore will not accept to pay your unlawful fine.

Your reminder letters in red, blue or black will not provoke me to pay towards your fee/invoice.

I will not be appealing.

In the meantime I will be contacting Birmingham Trading Standards in relation to your inappropriate parking charge.

Regards

What do you think??

Send some a letter something like... just remember to edit to suit your requirements.

Don't admit to anyone who was driving the vehicle, unless of course it is a different matter.

Hopefully someone else will come along to add some input too.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3778 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks