Parking Contravention Athena ANPR Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3778 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The writer cannot infer, only the reader can. A writer may have implied.

Thank you for pointing out my improper use of language, but i am sure you knew what I meant as did the person who replied earlier.

Nonetheless notwithstanding grammatical errors the detail of the correspondence highlights the beauty of communication and I was grateful to them

English is such a wonderful language, ain't it?

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

• 1 month later...

Do not confirm your existence to any of these Parking Control Companies. They have no legal rights. If you in any way respond they know they have the right address / vehicle owner. Leave them wondering ! After about 3 unanswered, increasingly threatening demands, they will melt away. I have tested this twice and as yet after the 3rd letter heard no more.

Hello all, sorry to play the same song again, but having received my first notice from ANPR, I thought id add my "worry" too, I have read all the previous advice here and following that I have tucked the letter nicely into the bin.... and walked away... and then went back to the bin and stomped on it. I am now down a bin, but feeling a little excited and somewhat worried about the future letters. If someone could just reassure me I would be very grateful. Im so glad I googled you guys otherwise I would have spent my student loan on this !.

• 1 month later...
Hi again, I have received a second letter (for overdue charge (90), so please reassure me that I should ignore this. :/

Abz!

You are still falling into their trap. Just keep ignoring.

Hi normal crap you will now get 2 or 3 letters from a debt recovery company (next desk along and change paper in printer to DCA headed paper) then 2 or 3 letters from supposed solicitor( we believe the office cleaner get's a couple of copper's for each letter the cleaner sends for them)

dpick

• 3 weeks later...
Hi normal crap you will now get 2 or 3 letters from a debt recovery company (next desk along and change paper in printer to DCA headed paper) then 2 or 3 letters from supposed solicitor( we believe the office cleaner get's a couple of copper's for each letter the cleaner sends for them)

dpick

Hi dpick thanks for your comments, it definitely reassures me as your timeline has proven to be somewhat accurate. I have received the final letter (final reminder). I wouldn't really like to if I had the choice receive any letter from pretending solicitors even if they were to be the cleaners (who are awesome people and help to keep out country tidy ! :) )

I just want to ask... I haven't made any replies to them yet, could this not count against me if I were to be taken to court? also should I maintain that I didn't get letters ... and in the event that I did end up in court I do have a good defence right ....right guys !? :/

ps. watchdog and other articles have the same opinion on these companies as you guys but the companies replied saying something along the lines of.. they have been recently given more lawful powers to claim payment ...

As DBC say they have no power funny my wife say the same about me.

dpick

the difference is dpick you probably know it's true and accept it. The PPCs seem to continue in the delusion that they are powerful.. :lol: :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I heard that since September 2012, these parking companies can now make the registered keeper liable for any charges no matter who the driver is.

What's the latest from other folks? Is the advice still just to plain ignore all letters?

Thanks...

Hi all,

I heard that since September 2012, these parking companies can now make the registered keeper liable for any charges no matter who the driver is.

What's the latest from other folks? Is the advice still just to plain ignore all letters?

Thanks...

This pretty much explains keeper liability in full;

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/keeper-liability/

From reading this they can pursue the registered keeper then and not disclosing the driver will not stop me being liable.

So does this mean we should now pay? Or are they not likely to take to court?

If it goes to court what would I use as my defence?

I guess the biggest fear I have is ending up with it actually going to court and then losing. In which case it would cost hundreds of pounds.

In anycase I am not paying, purely out of principle. But it's nice to be aware of what is the WORST that could possibly happen.

• 1 month later...

Having received such a notice myself from Athena and having read a large amount of this thread, it occurs to me:

Should Athena not also send you a photo of your vehicle actually parked on the relevant car park? Their parking notices state that by parking in a space you agree to the T&C's. Where's the proof I parked in a space? Maybe I sat in my vehicle by the shop door? Maybe I just drove round the car park for an hour and forty minutes?

Just a thought. :-)

Hairy.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3778 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks