Next Directory

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

fantastic, game on then

they know there is no agreement, they know that this cannot be enforced, they claim to be able to get judgment and charging orders,bailiffs etc

oh dear, oh dear, oh dear they are in breach of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regs among others

the donkeys

• 3 weeks later...

Got a lovely letter from Moorcroft today titled

Notice of Intended Litigation

Oh, how I love these guys

I will sit tight and let them go away on their own, instead of giving them a nudge :D

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye :D

Forgot to mention that I also got a letter from Next to say that they were dealing with my complaint.

Not sure what complaint they are referring too :confused:

If you fancy a laugh then read this letter that NEXT have sent me.

It is the last paragraph that made me wet myself

NEXT.jpg

It is obviously a standard letter as they have already told me that they dont have an agreement.

And by passing the account on to Moorcroft whilst the account is in default is just playing into my hands even further.

I am not going to reply to them, just let them keep digging their own grave!!!!

Btw, to add a default entry against a CRA, do they need to send me a default notice first??

Edited by manc1976
Add a bit

What they need to do and what they do are completely different things.

My son has had the same letter as yours.

They have acknowledged they have no signed agreement, but have passed it to Lewis Debt recovery , who then enlisted the help of Howard Cowen Solictors and put a big fat back 'D' on his credit ref files.

Since I wrote to them last on his behalf informing them that I would be glad to see them in court regarding the allegded debt, We have heard nothing. But the default entry remains dispite disputing it with the CRA's

The next crap you will get off them is "you have acknowledged that this agreement does exist between us several times within your letters"

They talk the talk, but produce no action. I just wish they would send court papers.

Have a read through that http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/123802-next-retail-blank-agreement.html

maybe some infomative sections relevent to your situation.

Next are worse than Studio Cards. LOL. Never know when to admit defeat

Edited by alfwithhair

Hello,

I had problems with the Next directory as well. Unfortunately I paid a large bill that was outstanding BEFORE i realised that without a signed agreement I didn't have to!!!

Anyway, they registered a default against me - I am trying to use the fact that there is no signed credit agreement as a reason to get them to remove the default. Actually they have refused so I have just sent off a letter to the Information Commissionaire to sort. Do you think I will be sucessfull? After all I never signed giving my agreement to them sharing information with anyone (i.e the CRA's)

Thanks - FREDDIE

Hello,

I had problems with the Next directory as well. Unfortunately I paid a large bill that was outstanding BEFORE i realised that without a signed agreement I didn't have to!!!

Anyway, they registered a default against me - I am trying to use the fact that there is no signed credit agreement as a reason to get them to remove the default. Actually they have refused so I have just sent off a letter to the Information Commissionaire to sort. Do you think I will be sucessfull? After all I never signed giving my agreement to them sharing information with anyone (i.e the CRA's)

Thanks - FREDDIE

There is always hope.

BOB HOPE AND NO HOPE

Thats what I have found from the ICO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a letter today from Midas Legal Services acting on behalf of Moorcroft

If I do not contact Moorcroft by 12/11/08 then it MAY result in the issue of legal proceedings without further notice.

I am not going to reply to them in hope that they do try and take me to court.

I wish they would just stop using the MAY word and get on with it !!!!

Hello,

For everyone who has contributed to this thread - the one issue that hasn't appeared to be addressed is the fact that Next are recording all this activity on your credit file and the default as well. That's the problem I have and despite writing on many ocassions to get them to remove it they won't!!! Currently in the hands of the I.O.C - but this takes ages...

Any thoughts?

Thanks FREDDIE

Thanks PT,

Makes me feel a bit better - they have put a default on my credit file (the only bad thing) they refuse to remove it which is frustrating because hopefully the Information Commissionaire will remove it, but the whole process takes ages - but at least I know it will be removed.

Thanks

FREDDIE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just had a monkey from Moorcroft knock at the door asking for my OH.

He asked if she was in and I said No.

He asked if I could pass on a letter to her.

I saw that he had a Moorcroft letter in his hand, so asked him what it was relating too and what company was he from.

He told me that it was a matter between him and my OH, so I told him I wouldn't pass on the letter and shut the door in his face. He looked quite shocked !!!!

Anyway, he posted the letter, so I opened it and had a look.

He was a rep from Moorcroft and I found out that it relates to this Next Account. (We have a couple of others with Moorcroft, so was unsure which one it was!!!!)

I expect that he will turn up again, so I will prepare a doorstop letter for the wife to give to him IF he turns up again. I will send Moorcroft a doorstep letter aswell as a letter to tell them that there is no CCA, by the admission of Next and that they should just take us to court otherwise the next time a rep turns up, the authorities will be called and we shall file a harrassment case against them.

The rep's name was: Mr B Cowell and he left his mobile number: 0798 037 5136

I think he also works for EON, as that was the car he was driving.

I know what I would do.

Very loudly and publicly complain to the press, EON and the Power Ombudsman (OFgen or whatever they're called these days). Also ask FT t see if EON have a credit licence as he was driving their one of their vehicles.

Driving that vehicle I would suggest that he was also representing EON.

Welshwizard QC (Quite Content):rolleyes:

He managed to drive off before I got his reg plate, but I was thinking of speaking to EON to see if they knew that he was using a company car to conduct other business!!!!

Will send a complaint to the OFT etc tomorrow

• 4 weeks later...

Had another monkey from Moorcroft turn up yesterday.

I told him about that it was against OFT Guideline on Debt Collection to visit our property without an appointment. He tried to tell me that it was not true. He then asked if he could make an appointment and I said "No".

He then said that they will have to take us to court now, to which I replied with, "Fine, I could do with the money that the counter-claim will give us"!!!!!

Will have to fire off a few more letters I suppose, but it all adds to the case. :D

Hiya manc see your dealing with the moorcroft numpties.:rolleyes: Did any of your letters come in nice illuminous coloured envelopes?

P.S Good luck

Milly X

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

• 3 weeks later...

2 Letters on the same day from Moorcroft

They didnt take my complaint as serious as I expected, so will follow that up with another letter. IDIOTS :D

moorcroft_next_14May09001.jpg

Moorcroft_Next_22May09a001.jpg

2009-05-31Moorcroft_Next_22May09b00.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just to mention, that if he is using a company car to do Debt Collecting,he would probably not be insured on this vehicle to do such a job.

Having spoken to a DCA before,it is a very high insurance premium to have a vehicle insured for this type of work.

He also mentioned, that very few inform the insurance company of this,so basically he is driving a vehicle on a public road without a valid insurance,perhaps next time mention this to him,and that you will ring the police,because

1, this person is tresspassing on your property and you have asked him to leave.

2 ,this person may be driving a vehicle on a public road,without valid insurance

Its worth a try.Steve

Edited by littlefatbudha