Tilly V mortgage express repo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5698 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tilly

What a lot to think about you have to do the best for you and your familly,

My old mum had a saying knock on ever door possible and one will open

All I can say is is that I have been through some really tough times but knock on all the doors and one will open and you will get through

Take care

Bonaxxxx

Way to go Tills ! - what a difference a week can make eh? :) I admire your spirit girl

Ell x

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Your doing great there Tills, keep your chin up hun!23_32_7.gif

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The council's Benefits and Taxation Unit Manager Bev Wright explained: "This might seem like the perfect solution, freeing up equity and clearing debts, while still allowing people to remain living in their own homes.

"But what many people don't realise is that they are only eligible for housing benefit if they can show that they wouldn't have been able to carry on living in their home if they hadn't sold it. Otherwise they will have to wait five years before being able to claim benefit. Also, if selling their house leaves them with savings of more than £16,000, they will not be able to claim housing benefit

No Tills,

You need to show proof of income, proof of outgoings, and then proof that you dont have savings exceeding £16,000. You should check these figures with your local council though and apply for housing benefit straight away if possible. Put it on your list of questions for your meeting with the Council Thursday. Don't leave without answers as time is pushing on, and we need a definite solution as soon as possible (even to take the pressure off you). From what you've said you should qualify no problem.

Heed the warnings posted here very carefully, if you deal with the wrong company, they could have the house anyway in 6-12 months. Contact numerous and read the small print before you sign up to anything. The main thing is making sure you will be entitled to Housing Benefit and the company will accept this, and you can remain in the house indefinitely (providing you don't default).

Also getting the maximum price for your house. Check with the Land Registry online (free) for details of properties similar to yours which have been sold recently. Make sure you don't get ripped off on the sale.

I know it feels like a marathon, but more effort now will help you later (when you won't be in control).

Also, do what Caro says and go the quacks. Tell them you are under stress and ask for tablets (which you can or can't take). This could help with future employment issues.

IMHO...Small blue fish in a big pond...

The blonde strikes again lol

Thanks Tide i see what you mean now, i have taken heed of the advice everyone

has given me, made no decision on which way to go as yet,

Have already benn to doc back there again thursday, your right it does feel like

a marathon but i still got a way to go yet before i reach the finish line.

Ok questions added to council list.

Another question for the Council list:

"Would a local housing association be interested in buying my house and renting it back to me?".

I will check this angle out today.

Keep going Tilly, we will all get you there!!

Shelter seem to have quite a bit of advice that might prove useful to you Tilly.

Shelter: Emergency help and advice

Shelter: Evicted or asked to leave

I think this suggestion is very sound and would endorse it. They will act in your interests and on your behalf in your dealings with the Council and potential homelessness situation.

They are recognised experts,.............. more so than a lot of local authority homelessness staff.

Tilly, post on sell to rent is now ready for you to have a look at.

Another question for the Council list:

List been updated :D

"Would a local housing association be interested in buying my house and renting it back to me?".

I will check this angle out today.

Keep going Tilly, we will all get you there!!

Thankyou :)

phew that was some reading.

i think my mind is made up now im getting WARNING signs don't do it, some of the story i have just read, or should say horror stories of some s of those people, i do do not want to become one of them, if 6months down the line they dont pay the mortgage, it starts all over again and i do not want to relive this again ever. So now i stand up and fight, when the time comes in court,and hope and pray i sell, or they let me stay until that time.

Thankyou kenny for providing all the links,

I'll bet your glad that is over, Tilly!:o

I was just providing the information available and it was not a problem. It might also be useful for others at some point.

It is for you to decide if it is for you as an option. There will be good points remember, its just that that side does not get reported. If you knew the person who was buying then it would be completely different.

I have outlined some of the issues to consider in the rent- back post above, so won't repeat them here.

Catch up later, Kenny.:)

• Haha 1

catcha later kenny :) time for a brew me thinks :rolleyes:

Well some good news for a change, my son just rang,his boss who owns a storage co

has said if need be we can have storage space for 3 months free of charge :D so maybe things are starting to look up :rolleyes:

the only way is up tilly chin up love and the sell to rent back no for me i wouldnt do it but it is up to u is the house up for sale yet ?xxkia

Tills, I went to the Magistrates Court with step;son this morning & I managed to pick up the booklet (No.6) Losing Your Home, & it's quite a good source of information. I found this bit on page 4;

If you are homeless or likely to become homeless with in 28 days, the local council may have to offer you somewhere else to stay or live,temporarily or longer term.The offer of somewhere to live may also apply to someone who normally lives with you as a member of the family, & will depend on your circumstances. The council must offer you somewhere if you are;

" # Homeless through no fault of your own,

# In Priority need, &

# Eligible for assistance.

The rules that describe priority need in England are different to those in Wales. However, you are in priority need if:

# You are responsible for children,

# You or someone you live with is pregnant,

# You are homeless because of an emergency such as a fire, flood or other

disaster, or;

# You or someone you live with is vulnerable because of their old age, Physical

Disability or Mental Illness or for another special reason.

The way you become homeless will affect how long the council has to help you for. You may be entitled to only very short-term accommodation if the council decides that you are eligible for assistance & in priority need but 'intentionally homeless'. This may happen if:

# You choose to leave a home you could have stayed in,

# You didn't pay the rent when you could have afforded to,

# The council offered you a suitable place to live, but you didn't accept it,

# You made yourself homeless to take advantage of the system, or,

# You were evicted because of deliberate action or behaviour by you or someone else in the household.

However, the council should not claim that you were intentionally homeless if;

# Your home was unfit to live in,

# You lost your home for failing to to pay your rent or mortgage, for example because you lost your job or your benefit was not paid on time,

Even if the council says you are intentionally homeless, it still has to house you for a short time as long as you are eligible for assistance & in priority need. But this will only be long enough for you to find somewhere else to live (usually 28 days) .

• Haha 1

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tills, I went to the Magistrates Court with step;son this morning & I managed to pick up the booklet (No.6) Losing Your Home, & it's quite a good source of information. I found this bit on page 4;

If you are homeless or likely to become homeless with in 28 days, the local council may have to offer you somewhere else to stay or live,temporarily or longer term.The offer of somewhere to live may also apply to someone who normally lives with you as a member of the family, & will depend on your circumstances. The council must offer you somewhere if you are;

" # Homeless through no fault of your own,

# In Priority need, &

# Eligible for assistance.

The rules that describe priority need in England are different to those in Wales. However, you are in priority need if:

# You are responsible for children,

Have told them this fell on deaf ears

# You or someone you live with is pregnant,

:o

# You are homeless because of an emergency such as a fire, flood or other

disaster, or;

# You or someone you live with is vulnerable because of their old age, Physical

Disability or Mental Illness or for another special reason.

The way you become homeless will affect how long the council has to help you for. You may be entitled to only very short-term accommodation if the council decides that you are eligible for assistance & in priority need but 'intentionally homeless'. This may happen if:

# You choose to leave a home you could have stayed in,

N/A

# You didn't pay the rent when you could have afforded to,

N?A

# The council offered you a suitable place to live, but you didn't accept it,

# You made yourself homeless to take advantage of the system, or,

N/A

# You were evicted because of deliberate action or behaviour by you or someone else in the household.

However, the council should not claim that you were intentionally homeless if;

# Your home was unfit to live in,

# You lost your home for failing to to pay your rent or mortgage, for example because you lost your job or your benefit was not paid on time,

Even if the council says you are intentionally homeless, it still has to house you for a short time as long as you are eligible for assistance & in priority need. But this will only be long enough for you to find somewhere else to live (usually 28 days) .

Thanks jade i have another appointment with them on thursday, this time i am going to have all my paper work with me and my list of questions plus

my go sort it head on :)

Mr whats his face won't know what's hit him thursday:D

Glad to be of service Tills. All the bits in red are the ones that are applicable to your situation, so don't panic lol.

Good for you, don't let em fob you off, & tell you that your not a priority.

I haven't read this booklet all the way through yet, but if I come across anything, I'll let you know.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]