Tilly V mortgage express repo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5724 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just then read up as much as you can on how the Bs must market the property and get valuations done etc . There is a fine line between getting a fair and reasonable price and selling the property off too quickly. I think they are obliged to get a certain amount of valuatios and market the property for a certain amount of time before they auction the property . They should also make sure you are fully informed regarding all the fees /interest that you will be responsible for paying.

I am sorry I am late to this thread and I am sure you have had lots of help in trying to avoid this - but unfortunately you must still keep a very close eye on what happens as they are still responsible for getting as good a price as possible for the property.

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi just had time to read more of your thread and in the circumstances I would have hoped you would be given more time to sell your property - especially as the PM himself has asked the Banks and BS to take a longer term view and try and reduce possessions.

N4B has gven you some very good advice -

Heres hoping you may get some reprieve or help from somewhere.

Jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Lets get you settled if you get a house before the issue an eviction date I.E. from your work then it is a completely different ball game difret case law ect but things can be done but no use going down that road till we know, if you dont once you get the eviction notie from the bayliff ( the only thing councils will take ) then it is different but honestly tilly that is several weeks away THE BAYLIFF HAS BYE LAW to give you 14 days ( a bayliff told me this) so sit tight and we will all work for you BUT if you get offered anything that you can take take it and we will then sort ou the other things the most important thing is you as a family are safe and content in what you are doing

Take care Bona XXXX

Hi again

I have tried to read through every post - and see you have Tide Turner helping as well - what more could you ask for!

One question - sorry to ask - but what are your OH long term prospects

Do you have medical evidence to take to the court regarding this as well?

Sorry if it seems an insensitive question its just that I read about that Mp who goes out with the cheeky girl - apparently he broke his back in 12 places in an accident and has made a good recovery.

Did he only have third party insurance on the car?

Have you thought about contacting your MP at all?

Jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi again

I have tried to read through every post - and see you have Tide Turner helping as well - what more could you ask for!

One question - sorry to ask - but what are your OH long term prospects

Do you have medical evidence to take to the court regarding this as well?

yes i have hospital and doctors certs and notes

Sorry if it seems an insensitive question its just that I read about that Mp who goes out with the cheeky girl - apparently he broke his back in 12 places in an accident and has made a good recovery.

no problem jansus, he broke it in 4 places,

Did he only have third party insurance on the car?

yes it was due to be renewd fullycomp :mad:

Have you thought about contacting your MP at all?

Jan

no not really had to much to get my head around :(

Tilly

No I can understand that probably is your last priority and it depends hw good your MP is

Just hate to se PM spouting off about helping people if nothing actually happens

Thinking of you and your family

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

The reason I was asking about long term prospects was just to see if this would help to buy some time -

jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

ok the opportunity may arise ;) for you to move into a house on "works territory"

yes youll be expected to be on call 24/7 but short term it might not be such a bad thing ;)

its breathing space and something you need right now xxx

tracy x;)

Whatever you do dont feel bad about the car insurance - not your fault

"but for the grace of god go I"

my daughter had a crash recently - she is 18 - her own fault . And I had not even thought about whether she would be covered for injury to herself - on third party or fully comp . You just get the cover you can afford dont you - thats life.

Same with mortgages . in some scandanavian countries apparently a form of PPI is compulsory - but run by the government.

here it is mis-sold and those who need cover the most often an not afford it

hope you continue to get the support you deserve.

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Tilly, we will be on line tonight at about 9 pm. Sorry, but been caught up quite a bit. The advice is from Mrs KTC.

I see there is the possibility of a house through work- that would be fantastic, hope it comes off. If it comes off, you will not be treated as homeless obviously.

Don't worry about renting privately, if something suitable is available. Have a look at what is available in your area, you might be pleasantly surprised. We currently rent privately after selling. It can be an excellent choice although obviously, you will not be an owner. Remember to check that you are getting any additional benefits you might be entitled to when your circumstances change.

Re Council and homelessness. You should be treated as a priority for rehousing. In the first instance however, this may well be temporary. This is also dependent on what houses are available within the Council area, inc Council and Housing Association and that can take time.

I know you have been in touch with Shelter and they said they do not have an office in your area. However, they can give excellent advice and help over the phone. Other sources are your local CAB office. Both can be authorised by you to act on your behalf.

You should also make an appointment to see your local councillor regarding homelessness as they may be able to help. (Check local Council web site for contact details). Your local MP could also be approached and reminded of the Banking code of practice re repossessions.

When you get any communication from the Mortgage co/ Bailiffs, copy and send to your homeless case worker, immediately. He should also have copies of any medical letters re Mr Tilly and anything else that can help you.

You should push for the whole family to be housed together. That however in the short term, might be problematic, dependent on what houses are available for letting. The Council should also be able to help if storage of some furniture is necessary for a spell.

Keep calm and remember we all care!:)

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/hb-releases/rel64/rel64mcob.pdf

If you get a chance -read section 13 of the above link

since 2004 the FSA is responsible for the regulations on how the bank/bs should behave in repossession cases.

If they have not acted in this way you may have cause for complaint

There are also other guides with contact numbers that you can download.

I think if the mortgage was taken out before 2004 then then the original mortgage code would apply and the FOS would deal with complaints .( I can link you to a copy if you want)

May be worth a read to see if the BS have acted in the correct manner if not ask them to send you a copy of their complaints proceedure urgently.

lets hope they may have slipped up somewhere may give you more amunition

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Tilly, I know there's a possibility that you have already been asked this, but did you & Mr Tilly happen to take 'Critical Illness cover when you got your mortgage? If you did, you might be able to claim on that, as a couple who when they were living next door but one, the husband had an angina attack when he was only 45, & their house was paid off when they claimed. It's just a thought.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

but did you & Mr Tilly happen to take 'Critical Illness cover when you got your mortgage?

Hi jade

No the only insurance we have is life insurance :D now theres a thought :rolleyes::o noo bad thoughts tilly bad thoughts :p

Ok update, it's a no go on the house, have got new rgn's starting so they get priorty , worth a try though, on to plan B , me being me and having the cheek of the devil :rolleyes:

asked my boss to buy my house :o i have a meeting with him friday morning :grin: you dont ask you dont know, plus he is a mortgage b****er :o so will see what he has to say,

Absolutely! You deserve a break for all your hard work and tenacity.

Hope it goes ok

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Ok update, it's a no go on the house, have got new rgn's starting so they get priorty , worth a try though, on to plan B , me being me and having the cheek of the devil :rolleyes:

asked my boss to buy my house :o i have a meeting with him friday morning :grin: you dont ask you dont know, plus he is a mortgage b****er :o so will see what he has to say,

Good thinking there Tills, much better than the other one hehehe. if you can pull this off, you can stay where you are (fingers, toes, arms, legs, & everything else than can be crossed, are, & now having big problems typing. lmao)

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

on to plan B , me being me and having the cheek of the devil :rolleyes:

Good on ya for asking! Like Ja-de i shall have everything crossed...right after i've finished typing :wink:

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.