• Tweets

• Northmonk forget what I said about your Notice to Hirer being the best I have seen . Though it  still may be  it is not good enough to comply with PoFA. Before looking at the NTH, we can look at the original Notice to Keeper. That is not compliant. First the period of parking as sated on their PCN is not actually the period of parking but a misstatement  since it is only the arrival and departure times of your vehicle. The parking period  is exactly that -ie the time youwere actually parked in a parking spot.  If you have to drive around to find a place to park the act of driving means that you couldn't have been parked at the same time. Likewise when you left the parking place and drove to the exit that could not be describes as parking either. So the first fail is  failing to specify the parking period. Section9 [2][a] In S9[2][f] the Act states  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Your PCN fails to mention the words in parentheses despite Section 9 [2]starting by saying "The notice must—..." As the Notice to Keeper fails to comply with the Act,  it follows that the Notice to Hirer cannot be pursued as they couldn't get the NTH compliant. Even if the the NTH was adjudged  as not  being affected by the non compliance of the NTK, the Notice to Hirer is itself not compliant with the Act. Once again the PCN fails to get the parking period correct. That alone is enough to have the claim dismissed as the PCN fails to comply with PoFA. Second S14 [5] states " (5)The notice to Hirer must— (a)inform the hirer that by virtue of this paragraph any unpaid parking charges (being parking charges specified in the notice to keeper) may be recovered from the hirer; ON their NTH , NPE claim "The driver of the above vehicle is liable ........" when the driver is not liable at all, only the hirer is liable. The driver and the hirer may be different people, but with a NTH, only the hirer is liable so to demand the driver pay the charge  fails to comply with PoFA and so the NPE claim must fail. I seem to remember that you have confirmed you received a copy of the original PCN sent to  the Hire company plus copies of the contract you have with the Hire company and the agreement that you are responsible for breaches of the Law etc. If not then you can add those fails too.
    • Weaknesses in some banks' security measures for online and mobile banking could leave customers more exposed to scammers, new data from Which? reveals.View the full article
    • I understand what you mean. But consider that part of the problem, and the frustration of those trying to help, is the way that questions are asked without context and without straight facts. A lot of effort was wasted discussing as a consumer issue before it was mentioned that the property was BTL. I don't think we have your history with this property. Were you the freehold owner prior to this split? Did you buy the leasehold of one half? From a family member? How was that funded (earlier loan?). How long ago was it split? Have either of the leasehold halves changed hands since? I'm wondering if the split and the leashold/freehold arrangements were set up in a way that was OK when everyone was everyone was connected. But a way that makes the leasehold virtually unsaleable to an unrelated party.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cabot/Morgan Solicitors-Court Action (ex Goldfish account)

barns66
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here we are. It's the Litigation Privilege Notice. I don't know if it is supposed to go at the start of the thread, but I only found about it halfway through my thread and just posted it there.

If it is on the thread somewhere I assume we are covered.

"*Litigation privilegenotice*

This thread existsexclusively to assist me in preparing litigation against another party. As such it is almost certainly protectedby litigation privilege

The legal requirements forclaiming litigation privilege are well established and are not in dispute. Communications between a solicitor or the client and a third party will be protected by litigation privilege where the communications are forthe dominant purpose of obtaining legal advice in connection with, or conducting, litigation reasonably inprospect : Re: Highgate Traders Limited[1984] BCLC 151.

Copyright information: Allinformation contained in this website, associated websites, and forum posts are copyright Reclaim The Right Ltd. If you wish to use the information on this site for publication elsewhere , then please email the site administratorsfor permission"

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we are. It's the Litigation Privilege Notice. I don't know if it is supposed to go at the start of the thread, but I only found about it halfway through my thread and just posted it there.

If it is on the thread somewhere I assume we are covered.

"*Litigation privilegenotice*

This thread existsexclusively to assist me in preparing litigation against another party. As such it is almost certainly protectedby litigation privilege

The legal requirements forclaiming litigation privilege are well established and are not in dispute. Communications between a solicitor or the client and a third party will be protected by litigation privilege where the communications are forthe dominant purpose of obtaining legal advice in connection with, or conducting, litigation reasonably inprospect : Re: Highgate Traders Limited[1984] BCLC 151.

Copyright information: Allinformation contained in this website, associated websites, and forum posts are copyright Reclaim The Right Ltd. If you wish to use the information on this site for publication elsewhere , then please email the site administratorsfor permission"

Hi DD.thank you for the copy of the Litigation Privilege Notice,just a couple quick questions,should i just copy and paste it in a a message on this thread and am i alright in doing this,i do not want to get in trouble with the site team.

barns66

Yes its fine, I'm not totally sure whether it'll cover you but you are welcome to paste it into your thread.

If you want it put on the front I can do that for you.

S.

Hi Shadow,thanks for your offer of putting it on the front page for me ,if you could i would be grateful.I undestand what you are saying about how much use it would be but i can not see it doing any harm.

barns66

bsrns66

Found this from about a year ago................... David Vant (Debt Purchase Manager, Cabot) is getting in on the whining carousel...This extract taken from an article he has written and published in the public arena.Debtors should understand that the whole credit system relies on them taking on board a moral obligation to repay their debts. Unscrupulous debtors may attempt to avoid repayment on the basis that documents cannot be provided, despite it being quite clear that they have borrowed the money. Hiding behind paper trails in this manner has a detrimental knock-on effect on those borrowers that do repay.

Dispatch, “We have a 911, Armed Robbery in progress, see Surplus Store corner of Peebles Drive and West 24th Street”

The part about it affecting other borrowers is rubbish, the banks have written the debt off against tax,Cabot have paid pennies in the pound for benefit of being able to harass us.

Edited by Satterthwaite

Dispatch, “We have a 911, Armed Robbery in progress, see Surplus Store corner of Peebles Drive and West 24th Street”

Yes, except Judges pay nothing at all for their pensions, it is non contributory and is not subject to any adjustment, as my MP told me that Judges are in a completely different 'pot' to the rest of the Public Service Pension pot so they are ok and not being reformed!!!!

That is a fact, they are left well alone by the Govt!!

Hi,i received a letter from Morgans yesterday stating,We enclose herewith by way of service upon you Draft Index and Claimants Case Summary for agreement as per order dated ******** 2011,draft index Section A-Pleadings,Order and Notices,Section-B-Witness Statement,Section C-Correspondence then Case Summery

I can post scans if you want to see them,what if anything should i send to court,should i write or call Morgans to agree.

I have not received anything back from them yet regarding asking them to confirm that they have a properly executed agreement,other than a Supplementary Witness Statement.

I have also written to Barclay's to confirm that when i sent a SAR to them ii got a letter as post on this thread that the account number was wrong (this was account number on the first POC ) and there where no accounts for this name or address.

barns66

Hi,i have still not heard from Cabot/Morgans or Barclay's.I have a quick queary as i am preparing all my paper work for my trial shortly.I received by way of the deed of assignment Receivables Sales Agreement fom Cabot/Morgans along with the letter from Cabot stating the debt had been assigned to them,this was on Goldfish headed paper and did not contain any account number.My queary is does the Receivables Sales Agreement,suffice as the legal deed of assignment,as it states that this a agreement to buy the debt at some future date.

barns66

It shouldnt be accepted barns and that needs to highlighted in court...

Hadituptohere

I'm far from an expert, but learning all the time!!!!!

If i've been at all helpful please click my star.

Hadituptohere OH V Capital One, **WON**

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

It shouldnt be accepted barns and that needs to highlighted in court...

Hadituptohere

H Hadituptohere,thank you for your sound advice once again.I will get all the documents together that i want the judge to clarify for me then send copies to the court and Cabot/Morgans.I am sorry if i seem to post the same questions over and over again,it takes me while to grasp the meaning of the advice i receive from the good people on the site but i am getting on in years and it is the first time i have been to court.

barns66

Barns,can you post up a copy of the DoA or "Receivables Sales Agreement "Thanks[/quote

Hi Satterthwaite,i received this Receivables Sales Agreement from them i have scanned the first 8 pages and the signed page,i hope the links work,if you want to see any more pages let me know and i will scan and post the here.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/barns66/AGREE1.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/barns66/AGREE2.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/barns66/AGREE2A.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/barns66/AGREE3.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/barns66/AGREE4.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/barns66/AGREE5.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/barns66/AGREE6.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/barns66/AGREE7.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/barns66/AGREE8.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/barns66/AGREE9.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/barns66/SIGN-1.jpg

Thank you for your help.

barns66

Edited by barns66

Hi.i have received nothing what i wrote and asked for as yet from Cabot/Morgans or Barclaycard.Goldfish.If i receive noting in the post tomorrow,i want to bring to the judges attention for him to read before the trial what i think is wrong with some documents.

(1) Not seen any signed Deed of Assignment,only seen a Receivables Sales Agreement..

(2) Notice of Assignment letter from Cabots omn Goldfish headed paper as no account number on it.

(3) Letter from Barclaycard/Goldfish when i msde a SAR in July 2010 states it is either the wrong account number (used the one Cabot included in the original POC) and there are no accounts for this name or at this address.

(4) A copy of application form with a white sticker stuck in the box where name and address is.

(5) Cabot/Morgans not compling with my request to them for them to confirm or deny they have a properly executed credit card agreement.

I want to highlight a couple of more things to judge to,do i sent a supplementay witness statement with these points include or do i just sent a letter with all the relevent documents included.Thank you in advance for any help regarding this.

barns66

Edited by barns66
amending

Hi,what form should i send these documents in supplementary witness statement or some other way,trial is a week Wednesday.I can not get anything from Cabot/Morgans or Goldfish/Barclaycard.I don't think they have a proberly excuted agreement but i just feel so low now,i feel like offering them a monthly payment i can afford,would they accept that at his late stage

barns66

Edited by barns66

Barns,

Don't give up, have a re read of your thread especially the advice given by Donkey B early on about the default notice and how that effects their case.

Have you had a witness statement from Morgans?

Barns,

Don't give up, have a re read of your thread especially the advice given by Donkey B early on about the default notice and how that effects their case.

Have you had a witness statement from Morgans?

Hi Satterthwaite,thank you for your kind advice again.i have had a witness statement from one employee at Cabot/Morgans and then i sent a letter asking them if Cabot/Morgans or Goldfish had ever had in there had i there possesion a properly executed credit agreement,i got a supplementary Witness statement from another employee of Cabot/Morgans say that they knew all the facts in this case and and was capable of making the statement as the previous person was not avaliable on the trial date as they where appearing in another court.Nothing about the question i wrote about.

barns66

Ah but would they be up for you cross-examining them in court under the civil procedure rules 33.4 and 33.5 i.e along the lines of whether they were employed in the department that dealt with the processing of this type of agreement at this time? Did the witness see the agreement bearing the defendants signature? If not what records by way of internal audit of check list has he/she examined to be able to verify it would have been signed. You would wish to cross-examine the witness in court on this matter and would seek info with regard to the whereabouts of the records regarding the signing of an agreement. Hope this helps.

Ah but would they be up for you cross-examining them in court under the civil procedure rules 33.4 and 33.5 i.e along the lines of whether they were employed in the department that dealt with the processing of this type of agreement at this time? Did the witness see the agreement bearing the defendants signature? If not what records by way of internal audit of check list has he/she examined to be able to verify it would have been signed. You would wish to cross-examine the witness in court on this matter and would seek info with regard to the whereabouts of the records regarding the signing of an agreement. Hope this helps.

Hi Miss,thank you for your kind suggestions about cross examining the witness,i know they have a copy of my application form and they have sent me some t/c's but i have no idea if they are from the time of the agreement.I understand that they are saying that the t/c's where from the time the agreement was assigned to them,I am still trying to get imformation from Goldfish/Barclaycard,i sent them a SAR last July and received the reply posted earlier in the thread post #165.Once again thank you.

barns66

Edited by barns66
amending

Hi, just wanted to wish you luck, Cabot taking me to court too. Application form as credit agreement with no prescribed terms, no default notice and wrong account number on reconstituted letter of assignment. All the best

Delilah