• Tweets

• I am sorry that you have come across excel -possibly the most inhumane of all the rogues that ruin parking in private car parks. i am more sorry that I have missed your thread until now. As I understand it, their artic. was parked in front of their parking sign and the Blue badge places forcing you to stop somewhere else in the car park to observe the rules. On realising that even the Blue badge places were paid places and that you did not have the correct coinage you quite rightly decided to leave. Thus you had read their terms and until you have read them and signified your acceptance by either paying or staying, you are not classed as being parked.  You have a MINiMUM of five minutes  leave. Sadly Excel do not understand any words greater than two syllables which is where their problems start. Their greed, ignorance, inhumanity, etc etc all carry on from there. However they do know that Judges do understand what minimum means and are well aware of the Equality Act  so I wouldn't be too worried about what excel  will do. Plus we still have to see their PCN and when it comes to producing a Notice that complies with the Act relating to private car parks they do not excel at that. I hope that the Iceland MD will cancel the ticket. You still have a couple of other routes you could try. The first one is your Member of Parliament will probably be happy to help as they will need all the votes they can get with an election looming. Plus your local newspaper may also pitch in after hearing your story to go after Iceland and excel. [You may notice I have not merite them with a capital E as it is definitely undeserved.]
    • i would focus on a stupid youthful act. ...a waste of time... so what.. it's worked before. when is your hearing? dx    
    • I heard from another forum that I should send any further begging letter is wasting time, but I decide to try.    can you give any suggestion about the further begging letter? Should I just explain a criminal record would be harmful to my future career as a university lecturer? Or anything else?
    • The Arizona resident allegedly ran a "laptop farm" so the IT workers appeared to work in the US.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Morgan Stanley/Goldfish Cabot are now chasing advice please

trumpetmaest
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They weren't like a dog with a bone with me - they just disappeared. As for S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s, I think that one has been flogged to death. Different views have been expressed and it is for the poster to choose what he wants to do.

Cabot don't 'just disappear' they will be back possibly about a week before the debt's statute barred with a charging Order on your house. We all have different experiences and that's what keeps this forum lively - it's just some have more experience than others and have dug a lot deeper than gets put on an open forum - Seahorse being one of them, tbern another and a few others that are heavily represented on the cabot forums - ignore them by all means, but that's not what they are there for..

I'm sorry - I didn't realise that in sharing my experience of Cabot with the poster I was supposed to defer to some CAG Mafia. I'll remember to touch the forelock in future before I post.

Hey come on - it's not like that at all - we are all in this together and your opinion and experience as valuable as anyone else's - we all started at the same position, no-one's alone out there. The strength of what we all have is the synergy between us all..this only a bit of banter but since the Cabot sub forum was 'moved' on the forum a lot of posters miss one hell of a lot of ground work that has been done on Cabot over the past 2 years.Cabot, as with many other agencies, were one hell of a lot different than they are now back then. It's only through the constant digging and delving by people (some who have long gone) like Seahorse and tbern that the knowledge is there to share. Don't take offense CAG is a family. Ken Maynard might see us a s some kind of Mafia for what he has experienced in his company with us - but here we are no mafiosa :D

Seahorse's view is only one view. I don't agree with him and I doubt if he has been any more successful in dealing with creditors than I have.

I won't put words into Seahorses mouth, but speaking for myself I have been very successful in dealing with creditors... Just ask Mr Maynard... :lol:

Part of my success has been due to the advice and support of seahorse... He has done a lot of investigation into Cabot..

As for SAR's if anyone would like to have a debate about how this is an admission of a debt, please start and thread as that is a discussion I would glady join

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

Sarah, perhaps we SHOULD "Make Cabot an offer". One that they can't refuse. :lol:

Now give Trumpet his thread back, there's a good girl. ;)

I agree with Seahorse, Tbern and Andrew1 -- They talk sense they do

Just hate every DCA out there

I'm sorry - I didn't realise that in sharing my experience of Cabot with the poster I was supposed to defer to some CAG Mafia. I'll remember to touch the forelock in future before I post.

Now!! Now!! no need to get SHIRTY!! Calm Down - take a chill pill - WHO ARE YOU AIMING TO HELP WITH COMMENTS LIKE THAT????????

Absolutely nothing to be gained by posts like this Pinky what a waste of everyones time that is!!

It's far simpler to encourage readers to read as many of the Cabot threads as possible and get a feel for what they've done and are doing to people.

Pinky you are being shown "Silence isn't Golden" where Cabots and various other companies are concerned and it's really dangerous stuff to suggest that because they've gone quiet at Cabots it's over - it really isn't and others are rightly informing you of some of Cabots antics and likely tricks - it's a shame not to be prepared?

There is a lot of really good advice and information here that people can read to help with Cabots and other problems - PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE IN MANY CASES ? Posters here should be prepared and the more we read the better equiped we will be to deal with problems.

I'd suggest to anyone where "it's all gone quiet" to keep readng and be better prepared when Cabots try again - Andrew1/Sarah and Seahorse are right about Cabots = don't rest on your laurels!!

Thanks for all the advice... it's good to know trhat I have people on here who are/have gone through a similar thing with these people.

I think I am leaning towards a SAR. Please could someone advise me who I should send it to and what should it say?

Thanks

Hello, I think a SAR is a good idea. Cabot gives you copies of all their notes. When I took them to Court I found a few very interesting things that I was able to turn around and use against them.

Use this to write your letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/96518-data-protection-act-subject.html

Remember to enclose a payment of £10

The best person to write to is Mr Ken Maynard @ the Cabot address

tbern123 vs Cabot

I agree with Seahorse, Tbern and Andrew1 -- They talk sense they do

First time, I have had that said about me... Usually old I am talking bull

tbern123 vs Cabot

I think I will rest comfortably on my laurels - I put my house into Trust so it's totally untouchable and Cabot cannot do anything without any credit agreements. I'm not fussed about my credit rating because I don't need it so they can turn up in years to come if they like. Thanks for all the advice - and for sending the moll along too! Lmfao.

I think I will rest comfortably on my laurels - I put my house into Trust so it's totally untouchable and Cabot cannot do anything without any credit agreements. I'm not fussed about my credit rating because I don't need it so they can turn up in years to come if they like. Thanks for all the advice - and for sending the moll along too! Lmfao.

Sadly two things could happen, one the original lender could supply Cabot with a copy of the agreement and / or this could be passed to another DCA and they could obtain a copy of the agreement. To assume that they have gone away is wishful thinking at best and foolish at worst.

This brings me back to the matter of the SAR. It will confirm in writing for you, if Cabot have contacted the original creditor and why they have not supplied a copy of the agreement.

I personally feel it is better to be proactive and take steps to ensure that you NEVER hear from Cabot again.

I wish I could also be so carefree about my credit rating, however, this can effect your employment, you may have trouble getting a contract mobile phone, opening a bank account or obtaining credit.

Six years is a long time and one day within that period you may need one of the above.

tbern123 vs Cabot

Thanks for all the advice.

I have a further question.

As I am not ackinowledging any debt to Cabot how do I word my SAR?

I don't really want to quote the account no they have given me do I?

Confused:confused:

If you don't quote an account number, all they'll have to go on is your name and address. So in your SAR to Cabot, quote the Cabot reference. It's one they'll have generated, so is certainly not an acknowledgement of any debt. Have a go with this. And don't forget to send £10...

Data Controller

Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited

1 Kings Hill Avenue

Kings Hill

West Malling

Kent ME19 4UA

[DATE]

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx

Please supply me with a copy of ALL the information that you hold on me relating to the above Cabot reference number.

You should note that I am requesting this information in order to investigate the validity of the above account. It does NOT in any way imply an acknowledgement of any debt, nor should it be construed as such. The £10 fee included shall also be used to satisfy the statutory obligations for you to fulfill this request under the Data Protection Act 1998; it is NOT to be used for any other purpose.

I therefore enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You will of course be aware that you have 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you have recently used to communicate my private business to me and which you have therefore found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,

[signature]

[name]

You might like to also SAR the OC as mentioned previously. This will allow you to see exactly what the state of play is, and if they comply fully, will include all your statements, original agreement etc. Just adjust the above letter to suit.

If you don't quote an account number, all they'll have to go on is your name and address. So in your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to Cabot, quote the Cabot reference. It's one they'll have generated, so is certainly not an acknowledgement of any debt. Have a go with this. And don't forget to send £10...

You might like to also S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) the OC as mentioned previously. This will allow you to see exactly what the state of play is, and if they comply fully, will include all your statements, original agreement etc. Just adjust the above letter to suit.

And don't forget to send £10... POSTAL ORDER ! not cheque and put the Postal Order number on your letter and your reference as the recorded delivery number :D

Pinky - that's a really interesting thought about placing your property in trust to stop DCA's getting charging orders and cautions on it etc.. It might be useful if you began a thread showing others less fortunate here how to do that and protect themselves and their properties. A few here would be grateful of the tips you could share - as that's what we are about in CAG = helping one another with our experiences and knowledge.

Congratulations on securing your position so that you are untouchable by these DCA's - just take care to note that this isn't the case for many here and this is why we encourage readers to take onboard various views and weigh up the options to find their own answers.

There are many vulnerable people here who post and some simply read without ever posting - we are trying to help everyone to take care and be aware of the various answers here - there isn't an answer that fits all really.

As for the "MOLL" I didn't see any moll here - what I saw was a lot of helpfull people who care enough to try help others out - rather than looking after their own rear ends.

Now I am LMFAO (Laughing My Fat As* Off ) - I guess it takes all sorts to make the world go around?

I have received a letter from Liverpool Victoria asking me to contact them regarding an arrangement for an account I have with them.

However, I have not taken a loan or C Card out with them.

They have now started to call me non stop but I am refusing to speak to them.

Does anyone know if they have a previous name or if they have 'bought' any other companies old accounts?

Do you think I should send a CCA to them or should I send a SAR or both?:confused:

Do a SAR,and it should get you everything they have on you(if anything)

also,there is a letter on the forum about ending telephone harrassment-until it reaches them,if they ring,just refuse to answer any "security check" questions......that will really get them wound up......

or of course,you could do what we did with one credit card company.Wrote to them to tell them to change our mobile number as it was no longer valid,and gave them a really old one which is defunct......bingo!!Calls have stopped.

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES. :)

You could send them a "prove it" letter if you don't know what they are chasing you for.

a S.A.R. will cost you £10, a prove it will cost nothing but might get them to show their hand?

Edit this to suit:

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

PV :-)

• Haha 1

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES. :)

Just prepared this for them...

Liverpool Victoria

County Gates

Bournemouth

BH1 2NF

Dear sir/madam,

Ref:

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to Liverpool Victoria.

I am familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive and unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to both physical and psychological harassment.

I am also of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question. Furthermore, I request that all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I look forward to your written reply.

Yours faithfully

Trumpetmaest