Lastminute.com

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is just my luck, as if the kitchen issue wasn't enough. To take our minds of it I decided to book a surprise for Mrs_fed_up_uk and that's gone wrong.

Booked a hotel through last minute and a show from the same site, 2 seperate transactions. As soon as the confirmation came through for the show it was showing the wrong time, not the time I wanted so I immeadiately email them asking them what's happened...this is the response I got

"Thank you for your email.

Please note that it is not possible to amend your booking, as these

tickets are non-amendable. The supplier imposes these terms on us and

unfortunately, we are unable to change them in this case.

I appreciate your understanding with regards to this matter."

I emailed back straight away to the fact this is there issue not mine but they're insisting they are only acting as an intermediary for the supplier and as a gesture of good faith they will contact the supplier to see what can be done and it might take 24 hours.

I've told them they might as well cancel the hotel too if this can't be ammended.

If I booked through their site, and paid them..isn't my contract with lastminute and their contract is with the supplier? Also, does the 7 day cooling off period count for such purchases?

I would have thought that if you were specific about the time/date; it is them that have changed it and made an error in not confirming you were ok with the change, maybe no tickets were available for the time /date you wanted!

You need to speak to them on the phone, not via email if poss.

if you paid by credit card you may have some redress there due to incorrect/ faulty service?

telephone calls can easily be denied.

...unless you record the call.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Well lastminute say it's not their problem...so basically I bought two tickets for a show and they've supplied the wrong ones. Their answer was "can you sell them?" or "can someone else use them?"

I don't have the tickets I was purchasing so I told them they might as well cancel the hotel I booked to see the show as they've ruined the weekend and they told me they would charge me 100% cancellation for the hotel!!!!

I consider this to be theft now and will be contacting my credit card company in the morning.

Do not use lastminute, I certainly never will again. The take your money but claim to be taking it for a supplier and it's not their problem.

Robin red breast 9342, Fed Up wanted a quick response or resolution cant wait three weeks for a letter response you (edited) Of course if time was not a constarint then yes, put everything writting, and send it recorded!

edited

Resorting to name calling is hardly a mature response. Yes, Fed Up required a quick response. In which case, writing an e-mail would be appropriate. I was simply pointing out that dealing with companies by telephone is unwise (unless, as Barracad suggested, you are able to record the call) due to deniability.

However, where in my post does it say to "send a letter" by recorded delivery?

Sorry about comments, we all try to give advice where and what we think is appropriate to suite the circumstances. What I dont think is very is nice is critiscising other peoples advice.

Anyway I think Fed Ups only course of action now is through his credit card company, if he can show Last Minute broke a contract or terms, implied or otherwise to provide tickets for the said show for a particular time/date.

From this and other threads I dont think I will be using them!

Well I finally managed to get the tickets changed on Friday afternoon. After I'd purchased more for the original time! The booking agent managed to cancel the original allocation and provide a new one. Lastminte were still no use and I will definately not use them again for anything.

To cut a long story short, I received a final voicemail from lastminute telling me to either give the tickets away if I couldn't use them or pick them up from the theatre and sell them. So I managed to speak to the theatre in question and told them what had been suggested and asked if they advocated me selling the tickets outside (which of course as expected they didn't) but this is what it took to get everything sorted out and a very helpful member of staff at the theatre then proceeded to sort it out for me. Next thing I know I had a call from the booking agent who changed the tickets.

FYI, neither the ticket agent or the theatre were very impressed with lastminute.

I am glad you managed to sort it out.

I do not think there can be any doubt that it was down to lastminute to put matters right. They did not give you what you asked for. Their arguments were quite unsustainable. I wonder what they would have said if you had booked for the opera and they gave you tickets for a rock concert!

That was exactly my problem with it Aequitas. I said they could've allocated me two tickets for a show in Manchester when I asked for London. This is why I now have a huge problem with last minute, there policy apparently states that because a user is booking online, he/she is responsible for whatever is allocated, not lastminute!!!! Avoid them at all costs. As it was, going direct to the ticket agent was £10 cheaper!!!

I hate the fact lastminute think they can take money from you, give you whatever they want to and they say it's nothing to do with them. I even said to the woman on the phone, "If you went to a shop and purchased something and by the time you got it home the wrong item was in the box, would you be happy with that?" She said "no", but still couldn't see my point!!

I forgot to mention the best part, when I told them they've ruined the weekend and might as well cancel the hotel I'd also booked...guess what? I was told if I don't turn up to the hotel there's a 100% cancellation fee! Customer service means nothing to these people, this was all over a £116 pair of tickets. And, when we arrived at the hotel, they hadn't allocated a non-smoking room as requested and the place was fully booked.

This is just my luck, as if the kitchen issue wasn't enough. To take our minds of it I decided to book a surprise for Mrs_fed_up_uk and that's gone wrong.

Booked a hotel through last minute and a show from the same site, 2 seperate transactions. As soon as the confirmation came through for the show it was showing the wrong time, not the time I wanted so I immeadiately email them asking them what's happened...this is the response I got

"Thank you for your email.

Please note that it is not possible to amend your booking, as these

tickets are non-amendable. The supplier imposes these terms on us and

unfortunately, we are unable to change them in this case.

I appreciate your understanding with regards to this matter."

I emailed back straight away to the fact this is there issue not mine but they're insisting they are only acting as an intermediary for the supplier and as a gesture of good faith they will contact the supplier to see what can be done and it might take 24 hours.

I've told them they might as well cancel the hotel too if this can't be ammended.

If I booked through their site, and paid them..isn't my contract with lastminute and their contract is with the supplier? Also, does the 7 day cooling off period count for such purchases?

I too booked an hotel room via last minute dot com, we required a smoking room however when we arrived late at night after flying into Heath Row from Thailand (an 11 hour flight) we were told that the whole hotel was non- smoking. We found an alternative room at another hotel with the help of the hotel staff and we have written to LM.com for a refund. from what I have read we have no chance.

When I asked for my details to be removed I was told that no credit card account details were retained by lastminute. Weirdly this morning I've just received an offer from lastminute as I'm "a valued customer" and a "Mastercard holder"....interesting, how would their system know I had a Mastercard if details were not retained!!!