• Tweets

• Sunak tried to stop the public seeing this report. Rishi Sunak ordered to publish secret analysis showing Universal Credit cut impact - Mirror Online WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK As Chancellor, Rishi Sunak ignored pleas from campaigners including footballer Marcus Rashford by scrapping the £20-per-week Universal Credit...  
    • A full-scale strike at the firm could have an impact on the global supply chains of electronics.View the full article
    • He was one of four former top executives from Sam Bankman-Fried's firms to plead guilty to charges.View the full article
    • The private submersible industry was shaken after the implosion of the OceanGate Titan sub last year.View the full article
    • further polished WS using above suggestions and also included couple of more modifications highlighted in orange are those ok to include?   Background   1.1  The Defendant received the Parking Charge Notice (PCN) on the 06th of January 2020 following the vehicle being parked at Arla Old Dairy, South Ruislip on the 05th of December 2019.   Unfair PCN   2.1  On 19th December 2023 the Defendant sent the Claimant's solicitors a CPR request.  As shown in Exhibit 1 (pages 7-13) sent by the solicitors the signage displayed in their evidence clearly shows a £60.00 parking charge notice (which will be reduced to £30 if paid within 14 days of issue).  2.2  Yet the PCN sent by the Claimant is for a £100.00 parking charge notice (reduced to £60 if paid within 30 days of issue).   2.3        The Claimant relies on signage to create a contract.  It is unlawful for the Claimant to write that the charge is £60 on their signs and then send demands for £100.    2.4        The unlawful £100 charge is also the basis for the Claimant's Particulars of Claim.  No Locus Standi  3.1  I do not believe a contract with the landowner, that is provided following the defendant’s CPR request, gives MET Parking Services a right to bring claims in their own name. Definition of “Relevant contract” from the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, Schedule 4,  2 [1] means a contract Including a contract arising only when the vehicle was parked on the relevant land between the driver and a person who is-   (a) the owner or occupier of the land; or   (b) Authorised, under or by virtue of arrangements made by the owner or occupier of the land, to enter into a contract with the driver requiring the payment of parking charges in respect of the parking of the vehicle on the land. According to https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/46/section/44   For a contract to be valid, it requires a director from each company to sign and then two independent witnesses must confirm those signatures.   3.2  The Defendant requested to see such a contract in the CPR request.  The fact that no contract has been produced with the witness signatures present means the contract has not been validly executed. Therefore, there can be no contract established between MET Parking Services and the motorist. Even if “Parking in Electric Bay” could form a contract (which it cannot), it is immaterial. There is no valid contract.  Illegal Conduct – No Contract Formed   4.1 At the time of writing, the Claimant has failed to provide the following, in response to the CPR request from myself.   4.2        The legal contract between the Claimant and the landowner (which in this case is Standard Life Investments UK) to provide evidence that there is an agreement in place with landowner with the necessary authority to issue parking charge notices and to pursue payment by means of litigation.   4.3 Proof of planning permission granted for signage etc under the Town and country Planning Act 1990. Lack of planning permission is a criminal offence under this Act and no contract can be formed where criminality is involved.   4.4        I also do not believe the claimant possesses these documents.   No Keeper Liability   5.1        The defendant was not the driver at the time and date mentioned in the PCN and the claimant has not established keeper liability under schedule 4 of the PoFA 2012. In this matter, the defendant puts it to the claimant to produce strict proof as to who was driving at the time.   5.2 The claimant in their Notice To Keeper also failed to comply with PoFA 2012 Schedule 4 section 9[2][f] while mentioning “the right to recover from the keeper so much of that parking charge as remains unpaid” where they did not include statement “(if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met)”.     5.3         The claimant did not mention parking period, times on the photographs are separate from the PCN and in any case are that arrival and departure times not the parking period since their times include driving to and from the parking space as a minimum and can include extra time to allow pedestrians and other vehicles to pass in front.    Protection of Freedoms Act 2012   The notice must -   (a) specify the vehicle, the relevant land on which it was parked and the period of parking to which the notice relates;  22. In the persuasive judgement K4GF167G - Premier Park Ltd v Mr Mathur - Horsham County Court – 5 January 2024 it was on this very point that the judge dismissed this claim.  5.4  A the PCN does not comply with the Act the Defendant as keeper is not liable.  No Breach of Contract   6.1       No breach of contract occurred because the PCN and contract provided as part of the defendant’s CPR request shows different post code, PCN shows HA4 0EY while contract shows HA4 0FY. According to PCN defendant parked on HA4 0EY which does not appear to be subject to the postcode covered by the contract.  6.2         The entrance sign does not mention anything about there being other terms inside the car park so does not offer a contract which makes it only an offer to treat,  Interest  7.1  It is unreasonable for the Claimant to delay litigation for  Double Recovery   7.2  The claim is littered with made-up charges.  7.3  As noted above, the Claimant's signs state a £60 charge yet their PCN is for £100.  7.4  As well as the £100 parking charge, the Claimant seeks recovery of an additional £70.  This is simply a poor attempt to circumvent the legal costs cap at small claims.  7.5 Since 2019, many County Courts have considered claims in excess of £100 to be an abuse of process leading to them being struck out ab initio. An example, in the Caernarfon Court in VCS v Davies, case No. FTQZ4W28 on 4th September 2019, District Judge Jones-Evans stated “Upon it being recorded that District Judge Jones- Evans has over a very significant period of time warned advocates (...) in many cases of this nature before this court that their claim for £60 is unenforceable in law and is an abuse of process and is nothing more than a poor attempt to go behind the decision of the Supreme Court v Beavis which inter alia decided that a figure of £160 as a global sum claimed in this case would be a penalty and not a genuine pre-estimate of loss and therefore unenforceable in law and if the practice continued, he would treat all cases as a claim for £160 and therefore a penalty and unenforceable in law it is hereby declared (…) the claim is struck out and declared to be wholly without merit and an abuse of process.”  7.6 In Claim Nos. F0DP806M and F0DP201T, District Judge Taylor echoed earlier General Judgment or Orders of District Judge Grand, stating ''It is ordered that the claim is struck out as an abuse of process. The claim contains a substantial charge additional to the parking charge which it is alleged the Defendant contracted to pay. This additional charge is not recoverabl15e under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, Schedule 4 nor with reference to the judgment in Parking Eye v Beavis. It is an abuse of process from the Claimant to issue a knowingly inflated claim for an additional sum which it is not entitled to recover. This order has been made by the court of its own initiative without a hearing pursuant to CPR Rule 3.3(4)) of the Civil Procedure Rules 1998...''  7.7 In the persuasive case of G4QZ465V - Excel Parking Services Ltd v Wilkinson – Bradford County Court -2 July 2020 (Exhibit 4) the judge had decided that Excel had won. However, due to Excel adding on the £60 the Judge dismissed the case.  7.8        The addition of costs not previously specified on signage are also in breach of the Consumer Rights Act 2015, Schedule 2, specifically paras 6, 10 and 14.   7.9        It is the Defendant’s position that the Claimant in this case has knowingly submitted inflated costs and thus the entire claim should be similarly struck out in accordance with Civil Procedure Rule 3.3(4).   In Conclusion   8.1        I invite the court to dismiss the claim.  Statement of Truth  I believe that the facts stated in this witness statement are true. I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth.   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Inside a DCA!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would also like to know the answer to that question Stapeley. About a year ago I was given a ccj it was a very stressful time for me. I didn't have all the knowledge I have gained from this site and feel very confident that I could have avoided the whole situation but its done now.

It all happen very quickly from the moment the dca asked me am I an home owner, I now know by what onthebrink has said that this was a bad move by myself. The following week the court papers arrived and I just agreed to everything. So I would like to know would the DCA have provided a copy of a CCA agreement for the judge to have passed judgement.

Lizzy the answer to your question is in post 294 - I sometimes wonder if people read these threads properly:???:

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for pointing that out. Sorry this kind of stuff is all new to me and yes I have read that post. It may be clear to most people but for those that are not up to standards on rules and regulations its a bit hard to grasp. I'm a lot clearer on how and why dca's act as they do and don't follow proceedures correctly after all its their living however that doesn't make it right. But surely the courts would have to have all the relevant documents in front of them to make it a true and enforceable claim, it doesn't seem possible that a court would over look something as important as a ca, most defendants wouldn't realise how important an agreement is and would rely on a court to act for then.

This site and especially this thread has opened my eyes. Thank you.

most defendants wouldn't realise how important an agreement is and would rely on a court to act for then.

The court doesn't act for you, only you do. It is up to you to dispute anything the DCA/bank says, if you don't the court won't ask you to.

We should realise that half the time (or more usually) the courts are not on our side. They, like many other organisations, don't want to upset the finance industry as it affects the whole country's finances and they'd rather help keep inflation etc. in control than make some 2-bit claimant in person happy.

That's why i think, even if the OFT case goes against the banks, a decision will be made behind closed doors to 'let them off' as, because of the global credit crunch, the banks need all the help they can get (£100 billion if you're NR) and to make them pay billions back to the ordinary consumer will not help banks in any way. The economy comes before people. (sorry, i know this is off topic).

I'm sorry but I can't keep repeating it but the courts really don't bother as to whether they have the correct docs or not & why should they - In the past most such claims where undefended making it a rubber stamp exercise which allowed the courts to make a fast buck

It's only now because of the consumer revolt that they are having to ensure that claims are valid but again that will only happen if a claim is disputed by the debtor who MUST request the docs, that the claim be particularised in full, otherwise the claim will be steamrollered through & the CCJ granted

MCOL Money Claim On Line in Northampton was set up with this in mind as whilst the claimant can submit their claim on line by completing the N1 the defendant cannot submit their complete defence on line - why - because most debtors have never done so - therefore the system doesn't allow for it - dam disgrace

Originally Posted by onthebrink viewpost.gif

It will be based on the evidence presented, not which side of the bed the judge got out of. Thankfully.

No, i think that is wrong. I have been to enough hearings to know that it all depends on how the judge is feeling, no matter what the evidence in front of them. Remember that they are a person and people have opinions and thoughts they can be as moody as anybody else.

The court doesn't act for you, only you do. It is up to you to dispute anything the DCA/bank says, if you don't the court won't ask you to.

We should realise that half the time (or more usually) the courts are not on our side. They, like many other organisations, don't want to upset the finance industry as it affects the whole country's finances and they'd rather help keep inflation etc. in control than make some 2-bit claimant in person happy.

That's why i think, even if the OFT case goes against the banks, a decision will be made behind closed doors to 'let them off' as, because of the global credit crunch, the banks need all the help they can get (£100 billion if you're NR) and to make them pay billions back to the ordinary consumer will not help banks in any way. The economy comes before people. (sorry, i know this is off topic).

Yes I can see your point. Also that its a must to dispute a claim if possible otherwise your playing into the claimants hands and like you say most people don't understand the system like myself or are frightened to challenge the court system. Why cant it be either black or white even the bank charges claims are not straight forward some get through court and some don't it just doesn't add up...

So let me just make sure I have this right. If a claimant takes you to court they may have proof of a ca or they might not and its down to the judge to check all documents carefully or not at all in some cases especially if the defendant isn't disputing the claim.

So for anyone that has a ccj and didn't dispute the claim at the time they will never know if the claim was enforceable or not?

2 things

1st

Brink you stated that the DCA has to pass a CCA request back to the OC. Whilst this may be correct the DCA if the request is addressed to them has a duty not just to pass the request on but to comply with that request themselves as per the regs.

I agree, but don't get caught in the trap I have seen from debtors of getting entrenched in their legal position. Demanding that the DCA 'meet their regulatory requirement' may be lawfully correct but may not be realistic. The fact is that nearly all DCAs do not have access to the CCA, or any other paperwork for that matter, and will refer it to the OC. Whether the OC passes what they have to the DCA for forwarding to the debtor or does it themselves is, in the view of the DCA, not important. What is important is that the information IS provided.

Real Example: I have had debtors demand the DCA provide the CCA information they have requested and have a regulatory requirement to provide. My attitude was, 'if you want to play semantics I can do that, but it won't help your case', I informed the OC and passed on the chq/PO. I would then respond with a letter that the DCA does not have that information to provide. The debtor proceeded in the false belief a valid CCA was not available to provide only for the OC to produce the prescribed terms during the court hearing.

As a debtor your only concern in requesting a CCA is to get what paperwork they have, and the best way of doing that is to contact the OC directly. If you do contact the DCA you should request the information and not 'demand' a response from them.

Passing it on to OC does not free the DCA from complying with the law. In other words if the DCA does not have the a true copy of the properly executed agreement they have no lawful right to pursue the debt.

And that is why you should ensure the account is put on hold until the information is provided. But please note, they may provide the paperwork and in their view it is correct, they will then proceed with the enforcement action. If you are the debtor, and are confident they have no valid CCA, you can sit back and await the CCJ and then defend knowing YOU have the ace up you sleeve.

It's this situation which is causing many DCA's & OC's a lot of trouble. The fact that they pass on their accounts on disc & not in the form of hard copy is what is causing them the problem.

The CCA was enacted in 1974 therefore there is absolutely no provision in law for them to be able to pursue debts based purely on what's on a computer disc - & as debt collection as we know it was in it's infancy DCA's didn't even enter the equation

And it will only get worse as companies move to the 'paperless office'.

2nd

The courts have for too many years just rubber stamped undefended creditor claims without ensuring, as they should, that the claimant is entitled to make the claim & has the evidence to support it such as CCA's etc:

Now that there is a revolt the courts are on a learning curve but are still not scrutinising claims as they should .

A couple of months ago a 1 line claim was submitted by a creditor without any supporting documents & they where granted a CCJ on what was later found to be a time barred debt

Needless to say it was appealed, set aside & struck out as being out of time This only happened because it was asked of the court to examine the circumstances of the granting of the CCJ

When it comes to CCJs the onus has always been on the debtor defending rather than the creditor proving. All undefended CCJ don't even pass under the eyes of a district judge, they are determined by a court clerk. And this can, and has caused a problem where the debtor didn't even know the CCJ was issued (issued 'in absence'). And in fact, when you return the 'admission form' it goes back to the OC or their agent and not the court. It's only if the CCJ is defended that both side have to then 'prove' their position.

[/i]

No, i think that is wrong. I have been to enough hearings to know that it all depends on how the judge is feeling, no matter what the evidence in front of them. Remember that they are a person and people have opinions and thoughts they can be as moody as anybody else.

It was said with a slight sarcastic taint...:cool:

ALL jobs are dictated by how were feeling on the day, and judges are no different :(

On the day of our residence hearing for OH's kids the judge felt like going to the golf course instead of hearing our case:o

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Thanks onthebrink so informative - Can I take this a stage further once a ccj has been enforced and a payment plan put into action via the court at anytime can the claimant put a charge on their property and if so would it be possible to challeage the cca if it wasn't disputed the first time around.

Thanks onthebrink so informative - Can I take this a stage further once a ccj has been enforced and a payment plan put into action via the court at anytime can the claimant put a charge on their property and if so would it be possible to challeage the cca if it wasn't disputed the first time around.

If you enter an agreement to pay monthly via a ccj a charging order can only be granted if you default on that agreement at the request of the creditor.

If the court orders you to pay the ccj in a lump sum (not monthly payments) and you cannot do that, the creditor can request a 'legal charge' on your home.

Regarding the cca. If the CCJ was issued 'in adsence' you can go back to court and request a redetermination. But if you completed the 'admissions form' and returned this to the court you have admitted the debt and you cannot then 'defend' or dispute the debt retrospectively.

‘The role of the supervisor’

Lets just start by setting out the hierarchy of a DCA:

Debt Collector/Account Manager

The person you talk to when you call.

Team Leader/Legal Advisor

A more experienced debt collector that is responsible for a section of the floor or legal queries. They also provide the initial ‘on the job’ training. However, they are just glorified debt collectors and they can often be ‘the supervisor’ when you demand to talk to one.

Supervisor

See below

Manager

Is responsible for the management of the accounts returned to the OC. To ensure compliance with the DCAs policy and procedures. They will also get involved in complex disputes or complaints.

You will rarely talk to them unless you have formally complained and had that complaint accepted (racial abuse for example).

Senior Manager/Director

Responsible for all operational matters throughout the office. You will never speak to them, no matter what the issue.

The Supervisor

In some DCAs the supervisor can also be the ‘manager’ but normally the responsibilities are segregated.

The supervisor’s role is:

Firstly to ensure the accounts are turned over at an acceptable rate.

DCAs work on the rule of percentages. If they have 5000 live accounts for a client (MBNA for example) they will want the team to turnover 20% per day (so all the accounts will be turned over in 5 days), which equates to 1000 accounts per day. With 10 debt collectors that equates to 100 accounts per day. The database, as we have already seen, is automated to just keep calling throughout the day until there is a response. So you can end up with 3-5 calls a day.

The supervisor will be made aware via a system pop-up if the daily target is not going to be matched. It is her responsibility to speed up the calls through a number of methods, including removing debtor accounts on the list to be called where there has been no previous response (these can be allocated to a ‘night call’, which is after 6pm). The supervisor can also select all accounts with employer telephone numbers and delegate them to a team leader to call. Or they can select all accounts where the debtor has failed to pay the monthly instalment and pass them to a team leader. There are others but I think you get the picture.

Secondly, to ensure the weekly recovery rate per client (OC) is achieved. This is the total revenue recovered from debtors for each defaulted account. This is purely a monetary value and will be linked to debt collection agreements made with the OC upon account set-up. With some OCs there is a set limit of repayments required. For example the OC will have an agreed contract with the DCA to only accept repayments that are equal or more than 1-3% of the total debt outstanding.

Thirdly, to resolve complaints both informal and formal, and this can be either in writing or on the telephone. Normally, if you had a complaint it will be heard by a team leader. If the team leader cannot resolve the complaint, or prove either way whom is correct, they will request supervisor intervention. The supervisor can listen to any call recorded within the last 7 days instantly via the archive, or the last 28 days via request to the archive administrator (normally takes 48 hours). The supervisor has the authority to issue a formal apology, and can dismiss on the grounds of gross misconduct without further reference to management. Normally the account will be returned to the OC with an explanation as to the DCAs inability to pursue.

Fourthly, they are responsible for the ‘final determination’ on an account. The aged debtor cycle as previously stated will just keep plodding forward if you don’t respond, but even if you do, there will come a day when the account will automatically be passed for ‘final determination’, or the account manager/team leader can request an F12 (as it is known) to the supervisor.

It is the supervisor’s main responsibility to determine the future direction of the account. I posted some outcomes very early on but here is a more definitive list.

1) Agree payment plan of £?

2) Restart payment plan of £?

3) Refused payment plan of £? (constant default)

4) Refused payment plan of £? (below de-minimus)

5) Refused to pay, (can but won't) – recommended CCJ.

6) Recommend Legal (CCJ) - because of 'reason' (i.e. positive equity)

7) Recommend write-off - because of 'reason' (i.e. Bankrupt confirmed)

8 ) Recommend return to client - because of 'reason' (i.e. in dispute - CCA)

9) Recommend return to client – complaint (OC or DCA – accepted/rejected)

10) Recommend visit - because of 'reason' (i.e. no contact in 120 days)

11) Recommend visit – because of ‘validation’

12) Pass back to client - because of 'reason' (i.e. legal enforcement not possible)

13) Pass back to client (end) - because of 'reason' (i.e. Doctors note/death)

14) Pass to technical team - because of 'reason' (i.e. Legislation quote)

15) Pass to legal/solicitors – because of ‘reason (confirm house sale)

16) Uneconomical to pursue - 'reason' (2+ CCJs on file)

17) Pass to…. (other DCA or local agent) reason (debtor pays

18 ) Recommend accept F&F offer (£ and %)

19) F&F accepted (£ and %)

20) F&F accepted (over 80%)

21) F&F accepted (client offer 35% reduction)

22) Return to client - Debtor not in default/not issued

23) Return to client – Debtor confirmed settlement in full

24) Return to client – Debtor confirmed subject to CCJ dated?

25) Return to client – other (detail)

The debt will be determined and returned to the client. The file will be suspended and moved to an archive and if you call they will request you contact the OC as ‘we are no longer dealing with the account.

The OC can then choose to take the action as requested, or pass to a different DCA and the process starts all over again.

Sad I know, but look on the bright side. It is job creation after all.:lol:

Why should I care?:rolleyes:

You don’t have too, to be honest, but the supervisor will review everything you have told them and make a judgement, not based on your ability to pay monthly, that stage has passed (with them), but on the best and most likely outcome for the OC. The supervisor will take into account ALL information from all sources, and will ensure that the DCA has fulfilled it’s responsibilities to the OC.

Up until this point, it is fair to say, you have not been treated ‘fairly’, but when the supervisor makes the ‘final determination’, he will base his recommendation on what would be ‘reasonable’ and ‘realistic’.

HINT: If you do have an interaction with a supervisor then be polite, helpful (but not to helpful ;) ) and be concise but precise about what you are trying to achieve. For example, if you want the debt written off because of no CCA, say so. Explain why that would be ‘reasonable’ and ‘realistic’.

NOTE: supervisors are trying to achieve a different outcome than the debt collector/account manager. You will be talking to someone that knows what their talking about and is trying to find the best solution. If that means a CCJ or even bankruptcy, or likewise, if it is a write-off or token payments, then that will be the final determination.

I should end this with a real fact. The chances of you actually talking to a supervisor will be VERY unlikely, unless they call you. It is rare to ask to speak to a supervisor and they allow you to. It’s not personal, it’s just the policy of the DCA. Supervisors are important people in the DCA process so if you do get a chance to talk to one, use it wisely.;-)

I hope this helps.

YES this is the "best thread to date" please can you elaborate on the words in point 13) doctors note

thanks

• Haha 1

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

100 posts.....yeaaaa...I feel better than David Beckham :grin:

Don't forget your 4 green blobby things too. :wink:

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

If you enter an agreement to pay monthly via a ccj a charging order can only be granted if you default on that agreement at the request of the creditor.

If the court orders you to pay the ccj in a lump sum (not monthly payments) and you cannot do that, the creditor can request a 'legal charge' on your home.

Regarding the cca. If the CCJ was issued 'in adsence' you can go back to court and request a redetermination. But if you completed the 'admissions form' and returned this to the court you have admitted the debt and you cannot then 'defend' or dispute the debt retrospectively.

You could request the Judgment be set aside as you have a realistic prospect of defending the claim successfully.

You should apply to do so "promptly", however. (CPR Part 13)

You could request the Judgment be set aside as you have a realistic prospect of defending the claim successfully.

You should apply to do so "promptly", however. (CPR Part 13)

There is provision to allow the judgement to be set aside under 13.3 depending on when judgement was granted, but it is my experience that the courts are unlikely to set aside a debt on the grounds of no valid CCA with the prescribed terms put forward retrospectively.

The hearing by the district judge is likely to ask the pertinent question 'why did you admit to the debt during the orginal judgement and agree a monthly repayment, on that debt you now dispute on the grounds on validity?', I would doubt the judge would set it aside on the response 'I didn't know the law then'. In my experience with the courts, 'ignorance is not defence'. But it is certainly worth a go.

YES this is the "best thread to date" please can you elaborate on the words in point 13) doctors note

thanks

The doctor would have to support your claim that your financial circumstances were unlikely to improve in the short or long term due to ill health, and thus it would be 'reasonable' and 'realistic' for the OC to write off the debt.

In the more extreme case it may be a letter from your doctor confirming you were sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

It would need to be 'serious' medical condition with little prospect of an improvement to your financial position for this to be successfull.

Thank you for the informative thread OTB . I have a few questions regarding how DCA's work .

(1) When they send those letters with half of the contents visible through the large window of the envelope , is this just a 'mistake' or a deliberate ploy at trying to 'embarass' the alleged debtor into paying with information such as 'your account in arrears' to be seen by a sizeable portion of british postal workers and whoever might live in your premisis ?

(2) These autodialler computers they use . I have had a lot of success with just putting the number these autodiallers call from on the choose to refuse list . Is this a major inconvenience for them ? ie, not impossible to circumvent .. use another telephone to dial from, but then you would have the trouble of having somebody physically dial the numbers up and the call is not on the 'system' as such. Not then part of the integrated call/monitor/recording / archiving system they'd want all your calls to be contained within.

(3) Do DCA's deliberately employ unknowledgeable people in positions ( such as complaints/ compliance etc) where they can be used to declare in their ignorance, a statute barred debt is not statute barred ,for example, when it is possible such ill-knowledge leads to the befuddling and confusing and negating of genuine and legitimate claims from alleged debtors concerning such debts ?

(4) Have you ever been aware of any kind of nefarious activities that have been alleged to have taken place in some dca's. Such as (dca) making a payment to an account to break an otherwise 6 year statute barred period or use of photoshopped signatures ?

Many Thanks )

Lizzy the answer to your question is in post 294 - I sometimes wonder if people read these threads properly:???:

Forgive us but the answer was not in post 294 . It was a point of veiw . I repeat my question , but slightly differantly worded . In the CC ACT does it say all statements of account should be complete ?