• Tweets

• My autistic son brought a van from a private seller. ( there was 5 other cars on his drive and another van, plus loads of machanic tools in his hallway,  so he probably is a unofficial dealer).  He gave the van a once over, he checked for any warning lights that might be on, there was none. He checked underneath for any rust etc, it all looked fine. The body was rough, but you'd expect that for the age of the van.  He got his brothers machanic to give it a pre mot check, as the van was old so he expected it to have a few problems. The van is a deathtrap, the seller had blacked out all the warning lights that were on the dash,  and I mean all.  He had also painted some kind of black stuff on the underside, to hide all the damage there.   My son drove it for over 2 hours to get it home. The machanic said he's surprised my son is still alive. Iv asked the seller for a refund and for him to have the van back, but he is refusing. Is there anything we can do.
    • First of all it sounds as if your retailer is very decent and very responsible. This itself is unusual in these kinds of circumstances and I think we need to bear this in mind. The guarantee is not particularly relevant and in fact the dealer had a statutory duty to exercise a certain responsibility for your computer – probably for several years as their obligation under the consumer rights act. The dealer may not have known this and it simply acting out of a sense of moral responsibility and that is even more noteworthy. You've already suggested earlier that you didn't really want to cause problems for your retailer. I think that you will need the help of your retailer as well in order to get information and evidence. I suggest that you proceed against DPD – but before you do that – I suggest that you have a discussion with the retailer. Tell them that this is what you are going to be doing and you would like to have a copy of anything they have which relates to the special instructions which apparently your dealer has already informed you about in relation to where item should be left. Secondly, maybe you should tell your dealer about this site and also about this thread. I can imagine like many dealers who are frequently sending items by means of couriers, they have had things go missing. Tell them that we will be very happy to help them recover money for lost or damaged or stolen items – and that is regardless of whether or not they have purchased insurance. Apart from being very pleased to help your dealer recover items which have been lost by irresponsible parcel delivery companies, I think we need to encourage the complicity between you and them so they will be pleased to support you in your claim against DPD. It will be helpful if you can get a copy of the instructions that you have referred to above, and also if you can get some written evidence of your own instruction that your laptop should be left in a safe place. Have you done the reading on this sub- forum? You will need to do lots of reading of many of the similar stories on this sub- forum. They won't necessarily be against DPD but the principles will broadly be the same. Also read the pinned topics at the top of the sub- forum in order to understand many of the principles involved. Getting your money back but be quick – but your chances of success are better than 90% that you can bank on it taking anything up to a year. Have you got anything in writing from DPD either refusing you or telling you that they won't discuss with you?  
    • Thank you for telling us the text of the letter you had from the police. As we don't seem to have come across this before, it would be really useful for us to see the original please. HB
    • Pasco has recalled 104,000 packs of sliced bread after rat remains were found in at least two packs.View the full article
    • UPDATE I went rooting through an old box of paperwork I have and I've found the original Default Notice. It is dated **/**/201*, however.. The copy of the Default Notice that they sent with the LBC has a completely different date on it 😮 Can they issue 2 default notices for the same debt? Where they have changed the date on the copy, they have also changed the amount owed through failed payments and how much is required to be paid by a certain date. In addition, they sent (with the 1st LBC) a copy of the termination of the agreement, which I cannot find the original. However, the termination date is 3 days after the date given on the (doctored) Default Notice, by which monies are to be paid by. So, they gave until the 'x' date to pay the arrears, then terminated the agreement 3 days later. I bet a dollar to a dime they've doctored the termination date also.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4983 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Fred Tiana has been an inspiration not just to me and my wife but to hundreds of other people that have been following her story (I'm not exaggerating her site regularly receives over 350 visits a day!)

I think the single most important thing I learned when I found CAG was that I could stand up tp these DCA's and actually take control for the first time in years! The last thing we needed when our little girl was in intensive care for 6 weeks was calls and letters from their threat-o-matic printers!

CAG gave me the belief in myself to stand up to them and I've spread the word to friends and relatives...

DCA's beware... We're fighting back!

Good for you Tinnud. One thing for sure is that here you will find like-minded people. We're all in the same boat. Most of us got here because we were being threatened/harassed/hounded/bullied by banks or DCAs and had had enough.

The irony of course is that those very same organisations ended up in many cases getting nothing because they couldn't provide valid agreements. They've spent vast amounts of money, not only getting nowhere but actually losing payments they were already receiving. If they'd acted with decency and a little bit of common sense in the first place, most of us would never have found this site because we would never have looked for it.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fredrickson International Ltd - Bespoke Debt Collection Services

They never mention the solicitors though that scare us

Bryan Carter

Go for it Fred .... You know you want to xx

I wouldn't dream of it. Mind you, I think it's about time fuzzybobble had his own web site: Fuzzybobble Debt Terrorist - Probably the best Debt Collection Agency in the World

Regards.

Fred

• Haha 1

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

This site is a bad influence on me...!

Lisa just called from home. She said I have a letter from a company called Fenton Cooper regarding a disputed debt with NatWest Bank. Disputed because I reclaimed over £3,000 in bank charges and, for some reason, they want them back! Apparantly they're offering me better than 50% off if I pay in the next 7 days!

I got the number from Lisa and called them:

FC: Thank you for calling Fenton Cropper. Can I have your reference number please?

Me: I'm sorry I don't have my reference number as I'm at GOSH with my 10mth old daughter who had heart surgery 11 weeks ago.

FC: Ok, Can I have your postcode?

Me: Yes it's .... ...

FC: Thank you. Your house number?

Me: ..

FC: Thank you (They're very polite monkeys...). Can you confirm your date of birth?

Me: 01/01/02

FC: Ok thank you. How can I help?

Me: Before we proceed further with this call I must inform you it is being recorded.

FC: Ok.....

Me: I understand you've written to me asking me to make you an offer to pay a disputed debt to Natwest bank?

FC: That's correct. How would you like to make your payment?

Me: Well, first things first... I require a valid signed copy of the original CCA.

FC: The what?! - Oh you mean COA - Contract of Agreement?

Me: CCA - Consumer Credit Agreement

FC: Oh. And why is that?

Me: Because under consumer law I am entitled to see it.

FC: Are you saying the debt isn't yours?

Me: I'm not acknowledging any debt. Especially without a valid CCA.

FC: Oh. Ok I'll see what I can do.

Me: Thank you. Goodbye.

Now, from what I've read on here so far I believe I have to send a letter requesting this along with a payment of £1 or £10 (not sure which?).

The polite lady broke Data Protection Act by discussing my account even though I gave her a false DOB.

I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens next but I must say it was very satisfying! A week ago I'd have been a nervous wreck lol

Tinnud

Successfully reclaimed £3379 bank charges from NatWest - 2007 :D

This site is a bad influence on me...!

Lisa just called from home. She said I have a letter from a company called Fenton Cooper regarding a disputed debt with NatWest Bank. Disputed because I reclaimed over £3,000 in bank charges and, for some reason, they want them back! Apparantly they're offering me better than 50% off if I pay in the next 7 days!

I got the number from Lisa and called them:

FC: Thank you for calling Fenton Cropper. Can I have your reference number please?

Me: I'm sorry I don't have my reference number as I'm at GOSH with my 10mth old daughter who had heart surgery 11 weeks ago.

FC: Ok, Can I have your postcode?

Me: Yes it's .... ...

FC: Thank you. Your house number?

Me: ..

FC: Thank you (They're very polite monkeys...). Can you confirm your date of birth?

Me: 01/01/02

FC: Ok thank you. How can I help?

Me: Before we proceed further with this call I must inform you it is being recorded.

FC: Ok.....

Me: I understand you've written to me asking me to make you an offer to pay a disputed debt to Natwest bank?

FC: That's correct. How would you like to make your payment?

Me: Well, first things first... I require a valid signed copy of the original CCA.

FC: The what?! - Oh you mean COA - Contract of Agreement?

Me: CCA - Consumer Credit Agreement

FC: Oh. And why is that?

Me: Because under consumer law I am entitled to see it.

FC: Are you saying the debt isn't yours?

Me: I'm not acknowledging any debt. Especially without a valid CCA.

FC: Oh. Ok I'll see what I can do.

Me: Thank you. Goodbye.

Now, from what I've read on here so far I believe I have to send a letter requesting this along with a payment of £1 or £10 (not sure which?).

The polite lady broke Data Protection Act by discussing my account even though I gave her a false DOB.

I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens next but I must say it was very satisfying! A week ago I'd have been a nervous wreck lol

Hi Tinnud,

There is a template somewhere but I can never find it, so here's one you can amend to suit:

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

With reference to the above account, I request that you send me a true copy of this credit agreement before I will correspond further on this matter.

This is my right under the legislation contained within section 77 (1) and section 78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, and I am entitled to receive a copy of my credit agreement on request.

Your obligation also extends to providing me with a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order, which represents payment of the statutory fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act. I understand that a copy of my credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days from the date of this letter.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act, creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

Also, since you are a Debt Collection Agency, I would also ask that you supply a signed true copy of the executed deed of assignment for the above referenced agreement. This is an obligation, whether you are the original creditor or not, under section 189 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

In summary, I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THIS DEBT AND THEREFORE REQUIRE YOU TO SUBSTANTIATE THIS BY PROVIDING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION BEFORE I CORRESPOND FURTHER :

1. True copy of original credit agreement

2. Statement of account

3. Copy of the executed deed of assignment from Bank Name. and DCA Name (if applicable)

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested.

Further to the above, please ensure that any contact by yourselves is made in writing only to the above address. Telephone calls and personal visits will not be accepted and viewed as harassment.

I look forward to hearing from you within the statutory time limit.

Yours faithfully

Tinnud

You send this with a £1 postal order. Don't forget to send it recorded delivery and don't sign the letter.

Regards.

Fred

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html#post162367

Template letter N with a postal order for £1 sent special delivery is probably the way to go :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Excellent - Thank you Fred.

I will print it off as soon as we get home and will send it.

I'll post on here if I hear any more from them :)

Tinnud

Successfully reclaimed £3379 bank charges from NatWest - 2007 :D

A belated halloween message to all DCA's in the immortal words of Bender....

futuramawb5.jpg

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Excellent - Thank you Fred.

I will print it off as soon as we get home and will send it.

I'll post on here if I hear any more from them :)

Tinnud, just catching up with the thread myself and was so sorry to read about your little girl. I sincerely hope she makes a speedy recovery and offer my heartfelt *hugs* to you and your family.

Ches Messieurs,

J'ai été fiablement informé que vous tout mange des bananes comme un repas principal, pour cette raison seul, j'ai peur que je ne peux pas vous payer plus, bien je dis que j'ai peur, que je signifie suis vraiment je suis content pour dire. Je toujours ai soupçonné que vous toutes têtes vides eues, maintenant il a été confirmé !

Connaissez-vous la citation suivante ?

Je ne veux pas vous parler non plus, vous videz l'essuie-glace de chemin de nourriture animal dirigé. Je pète dans votre direction générale. Votre mère était un hamster et votre père a senti de baies de sureau. Maintenant partir ou je vous accablerai de sarcasmes un deuxième temps.

Je suggère que vous m'habituez à lui.

Translation

Dear Sirs,

I have been reliably informed that you all eat bananas as a main meal, for this reason alone, I am afraid that I cannot pay you any more, well I say I am afraid, what I really mean is I am glad to say. I always suspected that you all had empty heads, now it has been confirmed!

Are you familiar with the following quote?

'I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.'

I suggest you get used to it.

389Shell

Please let me reiterate, this has been copied and pasted into a translator, it will make no sense to a Frenchie. :D

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

This is where dca monkey's get there training

Red Faces Over Road Sign Gaffe

Today, 01:37 am

skylo.jpg?x=140&y=26&q=75&sig=oedxwteT6cU.4X3EUgIhKw-- Sky News

A Welsh road sign that read "I am out of the office at the moment" has been taken down after bemused members of the public reported the blunder. Skip related content

2325898322-red-faces-road-sign-gaffe.jpg#180,180 Red Faces Over Road Sign Gaff

Swansea Council admitted that the embarrassing error had come about after it emailed its translation service to request help.

It failed to realise the reply was an automatic out-of-office response.

The email read, in Welsh: "I am not in the office at the moment. Please send any work to be translated."

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

Languages again.

Took the pick below on the Autopista Fransisco Fajardo in Caracas.I would have expected it to read Cono Tu Madre or Hijo De Puta, but as the autopista has 8 lanes in each direction at this point and nobody keeps to their lane...:eek::eek::eek:

I agree, Anglo Saxon is definately best!

DSCF0648-1-1.jpg

I wouldn't dream of it. Mind you, I think it's about time fuzzybobble had his own web site: Fuzzybobble Debt Terrorist - Probably the best Debt Collection Agency in the World

Regards.

Fred

Hee hee, now that's funny. :-D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Hee hee, now that's funny. :-D

Glad you like it fuzzy. I've had a few problems with my usual free hosting site which is a pity because there are no ads on that one. If I can sort it out, I'll change the link.

Regards.

Fred

It would be funny to rework 1st credits entire site, then have the video link to the wmv version of fuzzybobble debt terrorists on huggy's site.

Then email Uncle Bob the link to the site :D

Also register the site with google so it shows up at the top when you search for debt collectors. :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

It would be funny to rework 1st credits entire site, then have the video link to the wmv version of fuzzybobble debt terrorists on huggy's site.

Also register the site with google so it shows up at the top when you search for debt collectors. :D

Google bombing, now there's a thing. The best one I've ever seen is this:

French Military Victories bung that into google, then press the 'I'm feeling lucky' button. It's also a good idea to follow the links you get afterwards. Absolutely bloody hilarious.

Another good one was "f***wit", which took you to the Deputy Prime Minster's website when John Prescott held that job. Wish I knew how to do it.

Regards.

Fred

FB (and others)...i think we need to be a bit careful in how far we go - im all for getting even with DCA's etc... but lets be a bit careful eh?

Sorry to be a spoilsport ;)

Indeed.Following reported posts,the team will be looking at this.Harmless banter is one thing but going beyond that could have serious consequences.

Have a happy and prosperous 2013 by avoiiding Payday loans. If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Advice offered by Martin3030 is not supported by any legal training or qualification.Members are advised to use the services of fully insured legal professionals when needed.

Indeed.Following reported posts,the team will be looking at this.Harmless banter is one thing but going beyond that could have serious consequences.

Point taken. I'll delete these sites if needs be. In fact I think I might delete them tomorrow night.

Regards.

Fred

I dont want my thread turning into a recruitment ground for anti DCA terrorists :D

Like i said folks, im sorry if i sound like a spoilsport & im all infavour of playing pranks on them etc...but lets just keep it at that eh - especially in MY thread :p

Edited by mr.ton

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4983 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks