Poundstillpayday

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
you mention canada and malta

i did not think peoples data can be sent out of the eu

does this go for india, 3 mobile etc

any comments

Er yes I think you have a point. Do you mean under the Date Protection Act?

• 2 months later...

Hi guys got an email today from a dca email is as follows:

We have been instructed by Pounds Till Payday to make arrangements with you to repay the above amount. Until further notice all repayment proposals must be agreed with us.

This matter requires your urgent attention and you should now pay the balance. You can make your payment in one of two ways:

EITHER by visiting our secure website at http://www.payclarity.com

OR by contacting us on 0844 561 1715 to make a payment using your Debit or Credit Card

If you are unable to make the full payment immediately and would like to make alternative arrangements, you should reply to this e-mail outlining your proposals and giving a contact number. Alternatively, telephone us on the number above and speak to one of our advisors.

We will be reviewing your account again in seven days.

On behalf of

Clarity Credit Management Solutions Limited

Hi, you could send them a CCA request ;)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Remember to type at the top of the letter "I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY OR ANY COMPANY YOU REPRESENT"

Ell-enn

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hi all!

Sent off CCA request couple days ago got a phone call yesterday some bloke trying to be my friend asked him if he was responding to my letter dont think he knew what i was on about and trid to get my to agree to a payment plan i started to explain about the cca and i was my right to request one so instead of talking to me he hung up the phone!

So whats my next move folks?

Can you scan the cca (remove your name and account reference) and post on here for us to see if it complies?

Kind regards

Ell-enn

PTP use a UK DCA called Clarity who, I am told

"Can ring anyone connected with you about this debt...."

Funny how doing that could loose them their licence. The other line of attack with this bunch of clowns is to write to both the Canadian Government (their 'parent' compay is Northway Brokers, a Canadian based outfit) and the Maltese Govermnent and complain that they are 'tax evading' by claiming they are operating from Malta. I think they also have a small office somewhere in Ireland to comply with the UK credit licence regulations.

A typed signature is just about legal, but some of their terms and conditions are a bit 'dodgy'. Let them take you to court and the Judge will no doubt ask about their APR rate and adjust any payments accordingly.

I think all companies such as PTP should be made to have a '3 month' payback period - that way they wouldn't trap people in the cycle of 'money in - money out to pay loan, new loan taken to live on - money out following month etc...

But then who listens to us who suffer because of the credit referencing fiasco - the amount of false info on my file alone will fill a book.

Hi, ok see what you can do about scanning.

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon all, i am hoping that you will be able to help me! As with the previous posts I have a loan with poundstillpayday.co.uk (owe them £455 on 31/07/2008 and quickquid (£500 on 31/07/2008), however due to finishing my current job(i owe them holiday pay :() and starting a new one i am unable to make payments this month, and i refuse for the 7th or 8th time to reloan with them! So i have cancelled both direct debits and have sent and email to both stating the reasons why i am unable to pay and stated that i wish to setup a payment plan. I have heard nothing from quickquid, however poundstillpayday.co.uk have emailed me both home and at work and have constantly been calling me saying i must call payment services to speak to them about this. I did this and they said that all loans must be paid back within 31 days if they are not then an account manager will be in contact. Since this i have had constant phone calls from them, until friday when i requested a new number from o2 due to nuisance calls and they gave me 1! However, i am now very worried what these 2 companies will do? As they dont have a contact number for me (Landline - we dont have a house phone as such mobile - changed number - work - going to new employers) and all they have is my home address. Can anybody please please please give me any advice on what i should do? should i sit tight and do nothing? report them for continuous phone calls and the unhelpful manner that they have dealt with my situation. Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks Alex.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I am having exactly the same problem with PtP. Was made redundant in November and can only afford a minimal payment each month, to which they have refused. Keep emailing threatening to take me to court. Any advice would be greatful.

Regards

Andy.

Hello Bigman. The answer is very simple. Pay them what you can afford only. Don't worry about the court threats, they know that if they take you to court, the judge will ask how much you can afford and when you tell him, that is all they will get or he will make it even lower, so they will have achieved nothing.

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...
Poundstillpayday takes any allegation of unlawfulness extremely seriously; due to Data Protection we are not in a position to discuss the details of this case online. We do however promote all parties involved to contact us using any of the below methods in order to examine the situation.

Kindest regards,

PTP

Please feel free to call us on free phone- 08000327653 and one of our Customer Service team will be there to assist you.

Or if you prefer drop our Customer Relations team an email on: [email protected]

But will that so called 'assistance' include "sorry you have lost your job and can't afford the payments as they stand, we will extend the term and you can reduce your payments at the same interest until such time as you have paid in full or are re-employed"?

The answer is a resounding NO as the posts above show.

Edited by steven4064
repeat edit from quoted post

If the lending policy is 'responsible', do you check the ability to repay before agreeing to a loan by all the means available (bank statement, payslips, cra checks etc) ??

I take it that's a 'no' then - thought as much.

on,

Poundstillpayday operate a strict responsible lending policy. As such we do not offer roll-overs, extentions or deferred loans as we deem this to be irresponsible to our customers.

PTP

So if someone through no fault of their own cannot afford the repayments, you will not restructure the debt to make payments affordable.

Instead you will continually harrass them by telephone (never in writing of course) until they do what?

• 3 months later...