Help with HFO

Wikkitt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am having a bad time with this company, I received a call today (at work) to be told that this debt will be passed to their solicitors and that I will have to attend court in Nottingham, she was very rude, I told her that I had requested a copy of my credit agreement, she told me I would have to talk to Barclays about that.

She also told me that I will be getting charges put on to my account (about £4000 pounds) this will be interest, court costs, solicitors fees etc etc and they will be going to my payroll department to put an order for them to pay this debt out of my wages each month. I would also have to show them all my payments to other creditors and my tax paperwork, I asked her to put this in writing and she said that she will not be dealing with this anymore so it has nothing to do with her, she also told me that a copy of my credit agreement would cost me £35.

I just don't know what to do. can anyone suggest something?

Hi first of all I think we need to get this post moved so that you can get more help with this.

Is it a Credit card or overdraft ?

It won't cost you £35.00 for a copy of the credit agreement,all you have to send is a £1.00 postal order,Did you use the template from here for the CCA?

Also when did you apply for your credit agreement ?

I know sorry lots of questions but it will help others if they can have these details.

Don't worry you have come to the right place for help.:)

Mrs C is right, they are just trying to scare you, dont talk to them on the phone, if they ring just say "In writing please" and replace the receiver, we have letters that you can send for this sort of eventuality. When the post is moved, then you will start getting more advice, but please answer Mrs C's questions first then we can advise you more thoroughly

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Hi

Its a Barclay card, I sent the letter yesterday by recorded, I already told her I wanted every thing in writing, as she found my work email address and sent me an email, Below is what she put in the email-

I need 3rd Party Debit card details and 3rd party direct debit details please to stop the interest from the default date with Barclaycard

Which is 2.433.66 which will take your account from 3832.74 to 6266.40. please call me on 02084178156 any probs with direct debit etc you have to call me with please and not write not write please.-

So I sent her the letter and she should have got it today, when I told her it would only cost me £1.00 she said "looks like you know the law have a nice day" and put the phone down.

excellent, well done, and contacting you at work is also harrassment, you could send her the telephone harrassment letter that is in a sticky at the top on the forum, whilst you are waiting for the clock to tick down on the CCA appearing, it might well be prudent to read the stickies at the top, they are a mine of information but if there is anything that you dont understand then just post in this thread and one of us will be around to help out. Oh, whilst not only no talking to them, dont give them any other financial details either.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

This is disgraceful.....and the rubbish she said about 'you have to ask your bank for that' is COBBLERS....if they purchased the debt then they also purchased the rights AND the duties which include the CCA request....if they say they have the rights and not the duties then are you their debtor or not ?? keep the email and the paperwork to send to their local TS and your MP too !!!

Hi there and welsome to the HFO fan club.

These are a particularily nasty firm but you will find a few of us who have dealt with them can offer a lot of advce. I'm just leaving work now but I'll try to log on later to fill you in.

Doc

• Haha 1

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

Thank you all for your help and advice.When I get a reply with regards to my request for a CCA I will let you know. When their solicitors contacts me I will need your help.Thank you again I feel much better now.Wikkitt

Sorry, I trouble with my broadband last night. I think its about time I lost my VIRGIN-ity for good!

Wikkitt, look forward to seeing what you get from our friends at HFO & their 'solicitors'.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Just an update on this. CCA received by them on the 8th feb (delivery and signature) printed from the RM website.

I haven't been contacted by them or their solicitors YET.

So this means that they go into default on the 27th (if my calculations are right) 2 days for posting (posted 6th received 8th) so not including the weekends the 12 days go to the 26th so go into default from 27th.

Will keep adding updating this thread as and when I get a reply.

Thank you for all the help, this is really appreciated, as I can be difficult speaking about this to my family.

Wikkitt

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

just an update.

Still nothing from them or their solicitors.

The way she was ranting down the phone at me I thought I would have got something from them by now.

Well they went into default on the 27th February, now just counting down the 30 days (roll on the 27th March).

Will keep adding to this thread.

Wikkitt

I have posted a thread elsewhere, which hopefully some people might have read with regards to making complaints about HFO Services. Here is the registered address for the 'company'. The directors are Kevin Harper and Badri Nathan (this again is mentioned in other threads). Another Director is a Mr. Atkinson (I have to be circumspect in case one the numpties form HFO is lurking and pretending to be a victim of the compnay's merciless pursuit for payment of debts).

HFO SERVICES LIMITED

KINGS PARADE

LOWER COOMBE STREET

CROYDON

SURREY

CR0 1AA

Company No. 05120067

I think that a letter writing campaign should be started and we should send letters to the company's Head office, but not paying for a stamp or putting one on the envelope which has a low value, so that they have to pay up when they receive their post.

If anyone wants MR. Atkinson's number then feel free to PM me. If all ther peeps on here who have been victims of HFO's tactics start to make complaints to the OFT, the Credit Services Association and the FOS, then surely we can get these shysters barred from practising.

Does anyone else think that a letter writing campaign could be started?

leedsangel

In all honesty, if they receive unstamped letters they'll probably just refuse them.

You'll be better served making formal complaints and sending them recorded delivery (it only cost £1.04 for a standard letter), that way you can prove receipt and if necessary escalate the complaint to the FOS - which will really cost HFO.

:)

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

How about personally dumping a large pile of letters at their offices and asing for individual signatures for each letter - play them at their own game.... I think a CAG meet in Wimbledon might be in order to plan this....

• 4 weeks later...

Just an Update

The 12+2+30 days were up on the 27th March.

Since the 7th Feb when the woman from HFO called me to say this was being passed over to their solicitors, and I informed her that I have requested a copy of my CCA, I have'nt been contacted by HFO or their solicitors.

I will keep adding to this thread with updates.

Wikkitt

I presently also have a CCA pending from them. If you'd like the direct dial number to there solicitors phone i can provide it just pm me. he is mr alasdair turnbull and as far as i can see he is there only solicitor, and he is a one man band.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick question?

The 12+2+30 days have passed (27th March) to supply me with a copy of my CCA.

Should I send them a letter telling them or just wait to see if they contact me?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Wikkitt

Personally I'd only reply with a letter if they send a nasty one to remind them. But many threads on here have the advice of theres no need to remind them, they know the score just save anything that turns up as proof. If needed it will help your case.

• 4 months later...

Hi

Have just read your post which is interesting. For the last few days I have been trying to contact Kevin Harper direct but am stopped at every avenue. I was given a direct number for him but when I called it found it to be the main switchboard. Then I was told he worked from India, then he was not the director then he is the director but I am not allowed to talk to him. I have told whoever phones me that I will now only talk to kevin Harper and have also reported them to the police for harrassing phone calls and the fact I got a voice mail from them telling me they will be calling me on a daily basis. Please can you advise what else I can do to stop these persistant calls.

Hi

Have you sent them the letter about harrasing phone calls and that you will only deal with them in writing, its on this site I will try and locate it for you.

Also have you sent them the CCA request letter?

as soon as I sent these letters to them they stopped phoning me.

I will come back with the link to the letters.

Wikkitt

I believe the sole director of HFO Services is now Andrew Turnbull - who, coincidentally, is also the director of Turnbull Rutherford... two directors resigned in June. Check UK26's threads for info - he's right on top of it.

• 4 years later...

I know its been a while since I updated everyone.

HFO finally sent me the CCA and I couldn't read it so I asked them to send me another copy, after going back and forth for several months as the copy was really bad. they took me to court (Jan 2012), by this time they had put the debt to over 12K, I went and defended myself using all the advice that everyone here had given me and it helped a lot, the Judge decided that I had every right to get a copy that I could read and he would not continue until they produced it, he gave them a year (Jan 2013).

During that year they continued to contact me asking for payment, which I refused then out of the blue Turnbull sent me an email stating that their client would like to offer me a discount and if I paid them £1500 that would be a full and final settlement figure (hmm over 12k to 1500) but I stuck by my guns and waited for them to produce the document.

Well Jan 2013 came and I had received nothing, so I contacted the court the day before the case to find out if I still had to attend, they said no. I have not heard anything from them for quite some time but I know they don't give up easily so I do expect to hear something from them in the future.

But with all the help and advice I received from you all on here I know I will be able to cope the next time they contact me.

I would just like to say thank you to everyone for your help and advice. And good luck to all those still being harassed by HFO but you will get through it just like I did.

Wikkitt :-)