court claim from Robinson Way / Cap One

linz2011
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where the overleaf? If not sent, not compliant.

Struggling_Simon vs Cabot - WON

Struggling_Simon vs Abbey - WON

Struggling_Simon vs HBOS - Pending

--------------------------------------------

IF I HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Vigilantibus non dormientibus æquitas subvenit

Somper in excretia,som solem profundus variat.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I say no compliant as it is a short applicantion form.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

it looks even worse than the one they just sent me, but im sure the site helpers will be on soon to check it out for you. ive just sent them a very stern letter making it clear that what they sent me is unacceptable

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

This is an application so I would always argue that under s59 of the CCA it is void (an application is a pre-contractual document). I am struggling to read the small print which has some APR on it, I can't tell if there are any other prescribed terms and I can't read all the words relating to the APR.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi all

I have now received a court claim from Robinson Way they have sent this application form as the CCA, a statement of account, copy of default and copy notice of assignment. They have asked that I accept liability and withdraw my (holding) defence.

Help appreicated as not sure it is a valid CCA or not - also they have not sent copies of the statements just like a monthly breakdown from 1999 to 2007

Can we also see the notice of assignment as there is some discussion going on about the validity of these in the light of the winding up of RW & Co Limited and the alleged transfer of assets to RW Limited.

By their cheek in asking you to admit liability and withdraw your defence, presumably the solicitor is Horwich Farrelly (reference AYS)?

Thanks

SS

However that said

The default is a template (nothing filled in) and the notice of assignment is not on letter head and is very basic

I send the standard holding defence - do i need to send an amended defence and i have to have the n150 AQ back for the 22nd June - any help appreciated (it is horwich farrelly)

Presumably the claimant is "Robinson Way Limited assignees of Capital One"?

If so, the assignment letter you've got relates to the transfer from Cap One to the previous company, Robinson Way & Co Limited which was wound up on 14th October 2009.

Robinson Way Limited is a new company which has no relation to RW & Co Limited (different company registration number, registered office and Consumer Credit Licence).

You'll have to get them to explain how they come to be the assignees of an agreement that they admit has been assigned to a completely different company to the one in the letter. They'll have to show that both parties have told you of the change which may prove difficult as RW & Co Ltd no longer exists.

Hope this helps.

SS

Did you get the AQ in on time?

Ideally you need to post up your documents if you want advise on your defence. This thread should help you decide on whether or not the docs you have are valid.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/162851-consumer-credit-agreements-guide.html#post1747470

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Linz,

I've just tried to open the file of your "agreement" but it's saying it's damaged. Can you post it again, please. I've seen many, many Cap One agreements and the ones before 2006 are unenforcable so yours sounds like a cut and paste job, but it's difficult to say without seeing it.

DD

Hi I did manage to get the AQ in on time - I have received a letter from court saying the claimant has to submit their AQ with fee by 2nd July or it will be struck out

I am having trouble scanning the documents but I will keep trying

Thanks for your help :)