Help with PCP Car Park Managemant Cumbria

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Firstly I must say what a great job you are all doing on this site.

I received a ticket from Car Parking Management Cumbria in October for parking for 2 mins one friday night in a car park owned by iceland.

The ticket has Rossendales collect Ltd on the top of the ticket. I was with my friend whos van it was and agreed to cover the ticket as he was helping me with work.the ticket was for £80 or £40 if you paid within 10 days.

To be honest i put the ticket in the draw and forgot about it !

We actually saw the guy who put the ticket on the van rush back to his 4x4 which he had parked right infront of our van and speed off when he saw us returning to the van (there was no-one else in the car park as it was about 8pm).

My friend received a letter today from Rossendales debt collectors saying

"We are instructed that you have igrored previous requests for payment and we intend to recover the outstanding debt immediately.

Unless you pay us the debt amount in full within 7 days or contact us immediately with your proposals recovery action will commence"

This is followed by an 0845 number to ring

My friend says he has heard nothing from them untill today so what is all the rubbish about ignoring previous requests ?

Any suggestions on what to do as I really dont fancy wasting £80 for 2 mins parking !

Thankyou

Hi Dancer,

First of all DON'T ring the number - it will be premium rated.

This is a private ticket, it is basically a [problem]. The tickets are made up to look like council ones so that people pay up thinking that they have to.

Do not pay.

The “ticket” is virtually unenforceable and the truth is that the Parking Company will probably not even try to enforce it by legal action. Instead they will use debt collectors who will threaten references to credit agencies, personal visits by bailiffs and removal of property. These threats have no foundation. The reality is they would need to bring civil litigation in the county court against the driver and prove a breach of prominently displayed terms and conditions. They get the DVLA to identify the registered keeper of the vehicle but you have no responsibility to tell them who was driving (even if it was you) and enforcement can only take place against the driver. These cases are largely dealt with by threats and bluster rather than any real action on the basis that most people pay up to avoid hassle

Don’t be a mug – stand firm don’t be bullied.

Did I mention - don't pay

I'd urge you to read the "Sticky" at the top of this forum "Private Parking - All you need to know" which goes into some detail regarding these [problematic] and how they operate.

Also on a "sticky" are Bernie's template letters which you can use to see these chancers off.

• 3 months later...

I also had a parking ticket from Rossendales Collect for parking at Iceland for an overstay of 3 minutes! I had no ticket on the car - the first I heard was a threatening letter through the post saying because I had not paid the ticket I was charged £40 late payment and £40 for the fine.

I telephoned saying I had no knowledge of ticket and they sent photographic evidence! I paid the £40 but refused to pay late payment as I'd never seen a ticket. I only discovered your site after paying the £40. I sent them a stern letter with your guidance and I have had a letter today to say a debt collector will be around in the next few days to collect the remaining amount!

I also had a parking ticket from Rossendales Collect for parking at Iceland for an overstay of 3 minutes! I had no ticket on the car - the first I heard was a threatening letter through the post saying because I had not paid the ticket I was charged £40 late payment and £40 for the fine.

I telephoned saying I had no knowledge of ticket and they sent photographic evidence! I paid the £40 but refused to pay late payment as I'd never seen a ticket. I only discovered your site after paying the £40. I sent them a stern letter with your guidance and I have had a letter today to say a debt collector will be around in the next few days to collect the remaining amount!

Use the template letters - What to do if you wrote first. Put in a line withdrawing your common law permission for a debt collector to call and send recorded delivery.

If a debt collector shows then phone the cops. They're committing trespass and breaching section 40 of the AJA 1970 as well as the Protection from Harassment Act 1997They've absolutely no power to try and collect.

In short tell them to FOAD.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Small' things like this can get on top of you - I very much appreciate having some support on this. I can't bear bullies but sometimes its hard to stand up on your own.

Barnsley Boy

What is the 'sticky' you refer to 'Private Parking - all you need to know' - I have looked all over and can't find! I'm new to this!!

Link here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/65341-private-parking-companies-charges.html

You've already paid them - more is the pity. Believe me there is not a chance in hell of them pursuing you through the courts for their "late payment". I'd just blank them from now on, after 2 - 3 letters they will start to get the hint.

Ok Pat you are right, 0845 is different from 0870, I must have been tired.

My advice would remain the same however. There is absolutely no point in ringing a debt collection agency. The only point of ever communicating with these people is to leave a correspondance trail, leaving a permanent record in writing.