Mortgage arrears- Kensington. Nervous wreck.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Page 41 of this National Debtline leaflet on mortgage arrears gives advice re handing back keys. http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/pdf/self_help_pack/mortgage_arrears.pdf

• Haha 1

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a letter today from kensington-saying second request for payment was not honoured by your bank.

Direct debit was cancelled months ago-pay by card-strange

A further 25 pound added to mortgage-you are having a laugh.

Debt counsellor may be instructed to visit you-bit late for that-oh but of course there would then be their fees added.94-if seen-58.75 if not.They dont seem to make appointments-so 58.75 gone.

If it is your intention to forward payment-contact us immediately.Told them on phone to go for repossession week ago-whats stopping them.

Edited by tawnyowl

one things for sure-i cant push them any further-to do this.Eddie as you are self employed you prob know my plan about poss shortfall-and any other debts.When the time comes-when they come chasing thats when bank------

comes.As tawny at certain age-will not require any more credit etc-secure new place found-business doesnt need any major finance so am in position to do this.Just will be interesting to see how things pan out.Especially kensington-maybe our experiences will help someone-who knows-but we are both pushing them hard-thats for sure.:-)

Things are massively improving on business side-isnt easy running the smallest ltd comp in existence.Same as you eddie-not giving to much away.

one things for sure-i cant push them any further-to do this.Eddie as you are self employed you prob know my plan about poss shortfall-and any other debts.When the time comes-when they come chasing thats when bank------

comes.As tawny at certain age-will not require any more credit etc-secure new place found-business doesnt need any major finance so am in position to do this.Just will be interesting to see how things pan out.Especially kensington-maybe our experiences will help someone-who knows-but we are both pushing them hard-thats for sure.:-)

Things are massively improving on business side-isnt easy running the smallest ltd comp in existence.Same as you eddie-not giving to much away.

Yes, if we can push the boundaries a little further; maybe we are abusing our position (but what a shame for the poor bullies!!!) we can possibly get some information/advice that can help the many others who are being atrociously treated.

Every little helps :)

wish i had thought of it, would have left them a prezzy :rolleyes: rotweiler maybe :D

Maybe herrings strategically placed under floorboards would be nice.

Think you've got the devil in you tilly.sounds like you are feeling the weight lifting of your shoulders at last.When you realize there's no saving house and realization:-) kicks in-suddenly you seem to accept and plan for future.

Was talking a few posts ago about paying Kensington by card.

Arranged this when was not making payments in time-they knew about this.

This has carried on for many months and they agreed to this.

Have just got bank statement from bank-and guess what -Kensington have tried to get money from wife's account-of course it wasnt in-but another 35.00 charge from SHABBY ABBEY.

Now if anyone's in same position at moment and paying Kensington by card-cancel the original direct debit-even if agreed with Kensington if you dont pay-the crafty devils will try to ressurect the DD.

SURE THING I WILL BE CANCELLING THE ORIGINAL -tonight-sheesh thought i had.Owls memory not like it used to be.

Kensington-sounds like they are suffering-they will soon.

Now feeling they have been on site-if so -hope you like herring and maybe rotweiler.8-):roll:

Err. has anyone told Kensington that the OFT do not like companies who charge for a 'debt advisor visit' - they are basically going to send somebody round who will lie on the income and expenditure form and see whether you are 'living beyond your means' to get their commission as high as possible. I had one from GMAC who told them I had a car and spent £400 a month on it - I complained when I found out but they said 'Sorry its his word against yours' but eventually gave in when I could prove due to two medical conditions I am unfit to drive.

Pass their letter onto the OFT and let them get investigated for it.... cost them £400 in return.....:p

Just a short post-strange when tawnyowl accepted that house was either now or in future going to be repossessed,head cleared and brain kicked in after years of worry.

Now tawnyowl in the past has borrowed money to pay mortgage-if any any of you have or are going to think very carefully-it for me anyway became even more of a problem.It built up even more of a problem paying the people back who i had borrowed from.

Looking back i now realize remortgaging was possibly looking at things short term-but think the advertising and pressure-tv advertising etc turned my head .

All those hours spent worrying -by myself in a room-terrible-till i finally found this site.And well the help Ive had here helped sort me out.Tawnyowl is no longer feeling like a fledgling-growing i feel into a wise old bird-who looks back and cant believe the sleepless lonely nights spent in the hole of hell.

Err. has anyone told Kensington that the OFT do not like companies who charge for a 'debt advisor visit' - they are basically going to send somebody round who will lie on the income and expenditure form and see whether you are 'living beyond your means' to get their commission as high as possible. I had one from GMAC who told them I had a car and spent £400 a month on it - I complained when I found out but they said 'Sorry its his word against yours' but eventually gave in when I could prove due to two medical conditions I am unfit to drive.

Pass their letter onto the OFT and let them get investigated for it.... cost them £400 in return.....:p

I feel as you do debt advisers need to be investigated-from finding out how and who employ them-their qualifications to offer this advice-because some of the ones i have seen-are absolutely useless and as you say-if you press them hard enough they always seem to come up with a figure beneficial to the company.They i suppose will do this or may face repossession themselves because they wouldn't last long if they didn't.I feel it is a racket-the price they charge says it all.Sick of it the more you think about them the more you realise its another [problem].There are many people talking to them now-hundreds more being made for the greedy sub prime lenders.Tell them by letter no thanks -i do not require your school of economickey taking adviser round here.They probably wont even give you a time when they are calling.

May i say this is my view only and i must admit i am biassed.Allways will be till the financial markets are sorted out.One day maybe-but doubt it.

Edited by tawnyowl

Tawny,

you're lucky, when I was going through hell, this sight didnt exist it was a very lonley road, but I'm now fighting back, take care

i do the lottery every week and if i win well we will all hace a share £1.00 a week may bring its rewards

Lottery share-mmm-giving me thoughts about kensington-now if i break their tel no down make numbers up-add their charge 94 that would be 13-:eek:

add their 58 if not there charge that would be 13:eek::eek: some banks charge 38 for missed DD that would be 13:eek::eek::eek:Stopping now am getting jitters-i:eek:ts now 23.08 thats 13 :eek::eek::eek:think im going to deep here so better go-and throw some dice instead -cant come up with 13 then-feel safer.

Edited by tawnyowl

Tawny,

you're lucky, when I was going through hell, this sight didnt exist it was a very lonley road, but I'm now fighting back, take care

i do the lottery every week and if i win well we will all hace a share £1.00 a week may bring its rewards

Bona did you see what time you put your post on-add it together-:eek: think i may retire for night-maybe overtired.

Good nights sleep-Bona i hadn't spotted that-good job was getting the jitters-everything seemed to be adding to 13-got over it now-maybe i will try the lottery today.Maybe include that number-maybe not.

On the Kensington thing-i believe that action is not far away-as there are only 100 staff left-perhaps the litigation dept-being busy i presume,are slightly behind the other departments-maybe we will keep them busy for a while-certainly going to try-just want it over with now.

Full repossession can not be far away.:-)

Failure to conform to the terms of the suspended possession order will enable the lender to apply for an “Eviction Warrant” without further Court action

MMM-better boost the packing i think.

Surely Kensington are moving behind the scenes.

Had not realised this fact.

Will be glad when this is finalised.

Now thinking about -when i go the insurance of house etc-because round here nothing is empty for long-soon gets visitors if empty.

So many thoughts going through head.

Unlike bank charges, it is possible to claim back mortgage penalties going as far back as 12 years. (as opposed to 6years on bank charges). Even if you no longer have a mortgage or have changed lenders they can still be claimed back. Consumers have had a rough ride for years and had enough punishment inflicted on them. So why are you waiting? It is your money and it is definitely worth fighting for.

Could be of some use in the future

Still no word from Kensington- Possession can not be far away-maybe next week will hear-but must be coming-maybe tommorrow.House is nearly packed will never look back from this house of pain- never again-all the hours spent in the room from hell trying to sort problems-thanks for help and friendship shown to me when tawny was on one knee-not knowing what to do-couldnt see my way through the dark clouds-but help came and eased the pain-thankyou.Tawny owl thanks all of you. Twit- t- woo-SOMETHING LIKE THAT ANYWAY.-Bye for now

Hi Tawny

really pleased your black cloud has lifted and you are starting to see a ray of light shining through. You will always have friends here on cag, but please get up off your one knee :rolleyes::D Good luck

Tilly

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks