lowell portfoli1-asking for my address confirmation.

jts1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You're right, my Mam was one of them. Cheque written out and ready to send until I found it. She's never had a credit card in her life, yet this bunch of idots reckoned she owed Barclaycard. She was scared out of her mind and losing sleep. To me there should be a law against it! And as another poster has said, you could put your life on the fact that if more than one person paid they sure as hell wouldn't return the cash to innocent targets!

This is what I mean - sorry about your Mum being dragged in too!

Is there anything that we as consumers can do against them?

I believe in Fair Debt - not chance

This is what I mean - sorry about your Mum being dragged in too!

Is there anything that we as consumers can do against them?

Just keep on reporting them to TS, the OFT the FOS and anyone else you can think of/ Someone will eventually take notice.

have now recived a letter from red threatening that if i dont get in touch then it will make the situation worse i think i might just drop the sun newspaper a line about these idiots and see what happens then

The only thing that will get worse is that some call centre muppet wont get his commision and will be made to stand on the Desk at Lowell HQ

The debt is Statute Barred and despite their weasley words there is sweet FA they can do about it. Time to report them I think

I am now totally intrigued and wonder how the hell do they get away with it - intimidation or what.

Further letter received claiming that I owe £458.51 to Barclaycard and the collection of this 'debt' is now being collected by Red Debt Collection Services (I smell a [problem] here!)

Needless to say letter duly sent 22Jan08 - recorded delivery to a PO Box No 203 which is the same as Lowell's - interesting to note that PO Box 172 at Leeds LS11 9WS is used to return letter to sender of original letter(curious).

Apparrently 'this debt' was purchased by Lowell Porfolio on the 14Dec2007.

Further interest. I haven't had or used Barclaycard for over 30 years!!

kernow247

Red Debt and Lowells are ONE and the same. The letters you sent by recorded delivery will probably be ignored, if at all read, and this company will continue relentlessly in its efforts to turn you into a wobbling mess of nerves - Now where's that jelly wobbling smiley gone????? :)

I believe in Fair Debt - not chance

Just to add one final comment - did not get to post office 22Jan letter not sent! Having seen latest posting and elsewhere on the forum - letter held but now await next bit of postal fodder to arrive....:(

Also having received a personal (Thanks MrTWS) am now switching to following thread to show support!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/128102-lowells-financial-services-campaign-1.html

Kernow247

Cornwall, UK

Just out of interest I got a phone number

it was 0113-3086109

So if you want to call them free or std rate there ya go... (presuming you subscribe to a free call service)

NEVER PHONE THESE PEOPLE. ALWAYS KEEP A PAPER TRAIL. THEY ARE ECONOMICAL WITH THE TRUTH (allegedly)

You're right, my Mam was one of them. Cheque written out and ready to send until I found it. She's never had a credit card in her life, yet this bunch of idots reckoned she owed Barclaycard. She was scared out of her mind and losing sleep. To me there should be a law against it! And as another poster has said, you could put your life on the fact that if more than one person paid they sure as hell wouldn't return the cash to innocent targets!

Go to the police because that is fraud and trying to obtain money by deception.

There are laws out there to protect us we just have to report it.

• 2 weeks later...

i have also had one of these letters. or rather several letters from lowell and red debt collections services. i had read a load of messages from people that have had these letters. i spoke to lowell about it as i dont remember having this card that was supplied by barclaycard. they told me to call barclaycard about it, so i did, got straight through to an advisor, nasty man got really cross with me and lowell, told me that i should not have phoned barclaycard. told him that i had been told to, he went nuts on the phone about that. he let it slip that the card was supposed to be dated from 1991. spoke to lowell again asked me to send a copy of my signiture, didn't do that though.

today i got another letter from red, offering me 50% off. told red i wanted a copy of the original agreement and also cpoies of all payments made to this account, i honestly cant remember having this card but if i did then it is likely to be statue is this correct????

Hi ,

You guys really helped me out (on 16th Jan)by suggesting i send a cca letter N to lowells which i did on 23 January, I recieved a letter from them on 7th February saying thier client B,card has requested my agreement be retrieved from achive,and goes on to say once YOURagreement has been retrieved YOUwill have to repay the outstanding in full.They then go on to offer me a reduced payment (originol 1083.63) of 433.60 providing i pay by today(9th) which i wont. I would like to know , as i read somewhere that the 12 days they are given to produce an agreement is 12 working days+ 2 days for postage, i just need to know exactly when thier time is up.Is it the 8th or 12th February?

:confused: PS dont do computers very well ,hope this gets where its supposed .too!

If you sent the CCA request on 23rd January, it would have been received by Lowells on 24th January (presumably you have proof of delivery for this). The 12 working days would start the day after receipt (25th).

So the 12 working days would be up on Monday 11th February.

It sounds like they don’t have the agreement and are just hoping that you’ve no idea about the Consumer Credit Act and will just simply pay up.

How old is the debt?

Start your own thread to avoid hijacking jts1’s, then you can ask away ‘til your heart’s content.

Simply click on the” New Thread” button at the top of the DCA forum and away you go!!

If you’re struggling starting your new thread, have a look at Bookworm’s Dummies Guide by clicking the link below:-

How Do I..........?

Bo :)

Hi ,

You guys really helped me out (on 16th Jan)by suggesting i send a cca letter N to lowells which i did on 23 January, I recieved a letter from them on 7th February saying thier client B,card has requested my agreement be retrieved from achive,and goes on to say once YOURagreement has been retrieved YOUwill have to repay the outstanding in full.They then go on to offer me a reduced payment (originol 1083.63) of 433.60 providing i pay by today(9th) which i wont. I would like to know , as i read somewhere that the 12 days they are given to produce an agreement is 12 working days+ 2 days for postage, i just need to know exactly when thier time is up.Is it the 8th or 12th February?

:confused: PS dont do computers very well ,hope this gets where its supposed .too!

Please do not hold your breath waiting on these clowns coming up with anything hence the reason they are being so generous. The debt is Statute Barred and therefore UNENFORCABLE.

surely one way to annoy these clowns would be to spend one given day just faxing them blank sheets of paper or entering their fax numbers on some dubious sites .I know its silly and childish but i strongly believe apart from killing them (JOKE) this is a way to annoy the hell out of them the way they are with us ?

FAX Number 0845 3009411

CAG v dca

CAG EVERYTIME .....

KEEP RIGHT ON TILL THE END OF THE ROAD ........

surely one way to annoy these clowns would be to spend one given day just faxing them blank sheets of paper or entering their fax numbers on some dubious sites .I know its silly and childish but i strongly believe apart from killing them (JOKE) this is a way to annoy the hell out of them the way they are with us ?

FAX Number 0845 3009411

I do believe that there are a few Nigerian generals/Barristers at Law/Bank Officials who have millions of pounds they would like to share with people.:-D