• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lloyds Personal Loan

odds
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there English_Beauty,

Thanks for that post.

I`ve never heard of that before, probably because it`s new like you say.

Where do all these black & white lists come from? It`s seem`s none of our data or activites is safe from anyone. It`s quite sad to think we live in a land where everyone else has a right to know everyone else`s business.

I bet most of the people who are on this virtual white list have been blasted with bank charges anyway, possibly one of the reasons why people`s accounts are in the red.

Perhaps we should all open half a dozen bank accounts before we all get spotted?

Regards

N.P

jj

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we all know that DCAs/OCs dont stop adding charges once and offer is made.

English beauty i thought you were leaving and never comming back.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

we all know that DCAs/OCs dont stop adding charges once and offer is made.

English beauty i thought you were leaving and never comming back.

Oh you're one of the affable intellectuals from the other forum, are you? I was actually responding to N.P. - a courteous individual who didn't dissect and manipulate every sentence I wrote and then turn it into a confrontation. I have since offered sound information to N.P. in regard to 'White Listing' - anything other than the topic of White Listing was merely chat, not concrete advice.

You're correct that DCAs, in a majority of cases, don't desist with piling on charges, but they should - I'm saying they should, not that they do.

Since corresponding with N.P. I'm actually done here.

I trust the conversation on the other forum is fruitful and constructive, and no doubt certain contributors are continuing to carry the bastion of right-wing rhetoric, which in no way, adds any value or substance to the topic at hand that is debt collectors.

All the very best.

N.P. Hope the previous information helped :)

Well those nice people at BLS Collections have wrote to me again. I must say in the space of 4 days (Post #42) their attitude has really changed, offering to save me upto 50% now. Why is it I get the feeling that they are not telling me the full story :)

I think I may ask them to put the details of this amazing offer in writing so that I may consider it.

BLSCollections_2.jpg

Pete.

file under ignore

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi Pete,

How you doing mate? I hope you healing well?

Looks to me like these empty heads don`t have anything legally binding and are just trying to get something out of you.

Like our dear God Mother says, just blank the fools until you receive something intersting.

GodMother, I take it your not too keen on english_beauty? I`m not exactly sure what the problem is, but she is entitled to her say, even if others don`t agree.

english_beauty, I guess if people want a basic bank account without an overdraft then they could still get one. I got a Halifax account with no overdraft and a debit card after I bombed out of Lloyds TSB. That`s all I need really, the less chance of getting credit the better, I suppose.

Catch you all later.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Pete - I had the same offer from BLS on a credit card account ages ago, long before I found GAG, I phoned them up and asked for a settlement figure and they said they could offer 30% discount which I accepted. At that time I thought it was a good deal. I am much more empowered now and I would tell them to go fly their kite.

Hi surprise,

I wonder why they would be willing to offer you a discount if they genuinely had anything to go on.

They probably have bot all.

Time to get one over on Lloyds Pete for all the stress and aggro they`ve given you.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Odds I can't see that you ever received a reply to your official complaint.

Well I have finally had a decision made on my Official complaint, which I posted earlier in this thread. The response is somewhat puzzling to me. They seem to think that I was complaining that they had refused to accept my £1 month token payment and they had refused to stop interest and charges on my loan account. Unless my letter was badly worded. My complaint was about the £25 charge on my current account, thus taking it into the red.

Anyway they have failed to uphold my complaint .............. But as a gesture of goodwill they have decided to :

Refund the £25 charges to my current account

Refund £189 interest / charges on my loan account

Accept token payment untill the end of June.

Bit of a contradiction I'd say considering they failed to uphold my complaint.

The reason they refused to accept my proposed token payment originally by the way, according to this letter was because my outgoings were more than my income. I have also been told that once ANY account is passed to the Central Recovery Department then NO interest is added to it.

Pete.

This sounds very much like one I received about token payments and being passed to their recovery department. However, are you happy to accept the offer made? You've got the charges back which was your original complaint, plus extra on top, I think that is probably fair. However, at the end of May you should do another budget sheet, the one on the National Debtline is a really good one to use.

I found their letter to me contracdictory regarding interest being applied and not applied. Until the debt was written off they did keep applying interest even though it went to collections.

• 8 years later...

Hi,

I thought I had a thread on this already, but if I have I can't find it now. So very quickly so brief notes:

2007 was made redundant - carried on with payments until just before xmas when I was told I needed heart surgery, went to see the bank and told them that I could only make the next 2 payments and then I would need help. Unfortunately I was sent packing and told they couldn't help as the account wasn't in arrears and advised me to seek impartial advice.

2008 After the penny dropped with them and I started paying £1 as I told them I would, the letter writing, phone calls and being threatened by their various in house DCAs and solicitors began, eventually (about 6 months) they agreed to repay all the interest they had been charging and accepted my £1 payment.

I did have a payment book that I just filled in and payed at the local branch, when this was about to run out I took a note of the reference number and account number that it was being payed to, when that ran out I merely went to the local branch with the Acc and Ref numbers and payed it over the counter, not a problem.

That is until recently (Beginning of October). Last time I tried to pay it using the original numbers above, I was told they weren't on the system and so payment couldn't be made. I knew they had been shipping debts out to be 'administered' by third parties as my CC had been sent to Moorcroft recently but I had been informed of that (link at bottom of page), but as far as I was aware the loan was still with Lloyds.

So forward to last weekend and I got 2 letters on consecutive days from Lloyds regarding my loan payment of £1.

The first one saying "If you've already made a payment don't worry etc etc but you must clear the arrears or they may cancel the plan and refer the account to a third party"

The next day Letter 2 arrives saying " Your repayment plan is still in arrears and we need to discuss it urgently (yeah right) again threatening the involvement of a third party.

Now for the strange thing about this situation:

I have the original Account Number - call it 'A'

I have the original Reference Number - call it 'B'

Both letters quote the original Account Number 'A' at the top

But then to make a payment they quote a totally different Account number which is only 8 digits long as opposed to the 12 digit original (A), but still use the same reference number, they also include the sort code to this new account, something I've never needed previously.

After all this time why am I suddenly been told to pay to a different account that I have no previous knowledge of and they are then telling me I'm in arrears, whose fault is that then ? :???:

For the sake of a £1 should I just pay it or ask for a complete explanation as to why the payment details are now different, who is administering the account and why I wasn't informed prior to the changes thus avoiding the inability to make any payments.

Anyone would think they wanted the account to go into arrears, surely Lloyds wouldn't do such a thing :suspicious:

Any advice, thoughts welcomed.

Thanks

Credit Card thread is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?124875-Lloyds-Credit-Card-now-Moorcroft-taking-over

CCA request and sar time me thinks.

but as you already know

ignore moorcrap totally they are not debt buyers

but you know all this from your other thread

pers i'd stop paying

make them sell it on

and then make the DCA prove the debt exist

blindly paying anyway for years a tiny amount helps no one them

in extending the SB date

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the reply dx,

I only carried on with the payments as it kept them quiet for so long but it does make you wonder why they would want to involve a third party if everything was in order.

Regarding the CCA request,

the letters only have a PO Box return address,

is it advisable to send it to that,

using the name of the person that signed the letter.

Thanks.

Lloyds own the debt

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 months later...

An update on this situation.

I have now been through the 7 letter cycle with Moorcroft over the last 3 months and a 'representative' calling at my house regarding this.

It now appears that Lloyds didn't think much of them and have now instructed Robinson Way to arrange collection of the outstanding balance.

The last correspondence from Moorcroft offered a substantial discount :roll: ,

this offer, if it ever existed, seems to have been taken away now as Robinson Way want the outstanding balance.

can I expect the same cycle of begging letters, maybe a bit scarier than Moorcrofts ?

I pressume this is another case of ignore RW as they do not own the debt, merely acting on behalf of Lloyds.

Thanks.

Lloyds_Robinson Way_1_Edited.pdf

atlast,,,you're learning...:lol:

and they

can I expect the same cycle of begging letters

yep, same thing, ending up in a discount letter.

if thats not taken up it will then again be sent back Loyds to decide what to do; another dca, or sale....

Strangely I haven't heard anything further since December about my Lloyds CC that Moorcroft were also administering, that also went through the 7 letter cycle ending in the 'substantial discount' offer :)

I await with bated breath to see what the next few weeks brings.

if it's already been with other dca's, then now prob up for sale

otherwise on to the next dca on behalf.

lloyds themselves sometimes take legal action,

but it hasn't been seen so much recently on cag

First letter off RW, no red ink yet or Capital letters :)

They enclosed a nice form for me to fill in so they could work out how much to demand off me,

although the return pre paid envelope was more than Moorcroft stretched to.

Is it little touches like this that make RW a more upper class DCA ? ;)

I'll repost in 10 days when the next one arrives, just for the records :)

Robinson Way_1_Edited.pdf

btw

there shld be a notice of assignment re collection on behalf each time they farm it out.

just like when a matter is sold there shld be a notice of assignment re sale.

nope, cldn't see yr attachments before :)

my 'random posts' were right though, properly assigned to another for collection :)

no worries, won't be on thread anymore. good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi once again,

Just an update, letter No.2 has now arrived from RW.

" We note that despite previous offers to pay, your account remains unpaid."

Strange that, as I've never offered or even contacted them obviously. The only thing they could be refering to is the token payment agreement that Lloyds screwed up by shipping it out to DCA's to collect.

No doubt there will be more to follow so I'll update as and when.

Thanks.

Robinson Way_2_Edited.pdf