• Tweets

• Morning dx and thank you for your message.   With regards to your comment about them not needing to produce the deed, the additional directions ordered by the judge included 'a copy of any assignment o the debt or agreement relied upon'  so that is why I thought that point was relevant?
    • Sorry for the long post but I don't want to miss out any relevant information: My wife bought a car from Trade Centre UK and have been having nothing but trouble with it. Unfortunately we paid of the finance used to buy the car as we weren't expecting this much trouble with the car as we we though we would have protection as buying from a dealer. We are wondering if we can still reject the vehicle since the finance plan has been paid off. Timeline is as follows: 13/12/2023 -15/12/2023 Bought car from Trade Centre UK for £10548 £2000 deposit paid on credit card on 13/12/2023 £8548 on finance from Moneybarn (arranged through Trade Centre UK). picked up car on 15/12/2023 Also bought lifetime warranty for £50/month 25/12/2023 Engine Management Light comes on. The AA called out and diagnosed the following error codes: P0133 - Lambda sensor (bank 1, sensor 1) Oxygen Sensor. Error Message : Slow reaction. Error sporadic P0135 - Lambda sensor heat. circ.(bank1,sensor1) Oxygen Sensor. Error Message : Component defective Due to it being Christmas took a few days to get through to them but they booked me in for 28/12/2023 to run their own diagnostics. 28/12/2023 Took car in to Trade Centre so could check the car – They agreed it was the Oxygen Sensor and Booked me in for repair on 30/01/2024. I was told they had no earlier slots, and I would be fine to carry on driving car when I said I was afraid of problem worse. During diagnosing the problem, they reset the Engine Management Light. During drive home light comes back on. 29/12/2023 - 29/01/2024 I carry on driving the car but closer to the date, engine goes to reduced power every now and again – not being a mechanic I presumed that this was due to above fault. 20/01/2024 Not expecting any more problems paid off the finance on the car using personal loan from bank with lower interest rate. 30/01/2024 Trade Centre replace to O2 sensor (They also take it on a roughly 60mile road trip which seems a bit excessive to me – I can’t prove this as something prompted me take a picture of milage when I handed car in but I forgot take one on collection – only remembered next day.) 06/02/2024 Engine goes in reduced power mode again and engine management light comes on – Thinking the Trade centre’s 28 day warranty period was over I booked the car the into local garage for the next day to get problem fixed under the lifetime warranty package. Fault seems to clear after engine was switched off. 07/02/2024 In the Morning, I take it to local garage who say as the light gone off – the warranty company is unlikely to cover the cost of the repair or diagnostics and recommend I contact them when the light comes back on. In the evening the light comes back on and luckily I manage to get it back to the garage just before it shuts for the day. 08/02/2024 The Garage sends me a diagnostics video showing a lot error codes been picked up by their diagnostics machine including codes for Oxygen sensor and Nox Sensors, Accelerator pedal and several more. Video also shows EGR Hose not connected to the intake manifold properly, they believed this was confusing the onboard system as it is unlikely this many sensors would trigger at same the time but they couldn’t be certain until they repaired the hose. 13/02/2024 Finally get the car back as it took a while to get approval and payment for the repairs from the Warranty company. Garage told me to keep an eye the car as errors had cleared with the hose but couldn’t 100% certain that’s what caused the problem. 06/03/2024 Engine management light comes on again. Fed up I go into Trade Centre as I was just around the corner when it happened and asked them how to reject the car or have the problem fixed. They insist that as it’s over 28 days I need to get the car fixed under the warranty package I purchased and they could no longer fix the car as it was over 28 days. When I tried telling them it appeared to be the same or related problem they said they couldn’t help as I hadn’t contacted them earlier. I asked them if they were willing to connect the car to the diagnostics machine and tell me what the problem was, as a goodwill gesture, which he agreed to do and took the car to the back He came back around 30 minutes later and said they took a look at the sensor they replaced previously and there was nothing wrong with it and engine management light went off when they removed the sensor to check it. When I asked what the error code he couldn’t give me an exact fault but the said it one of the problems I told him earlier (Accelerator pedal). I have this visit audio recorded on my phone – I informed the reps I was recording several times. As the light wasn’t on, local garage couldn’t book me for a repair under warranty. 07/03/2024 Light came on so managed to book back into local garage for the 12/03/2024 Whilst waiting to take car into garage, I borrowed a OBD sensor and scanned for errors on the car. This showed the following errors: P11BE – Manufacturer specific code (Google showed this to be NOX sensor) P0133 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Response too Slow 12/03/2024 Took car to local garage and the confirmed the above errors. This leads me to believe that either Trade Centre UK reps lied and just reset the light or just didn’t check properly (Obviously I am unable to prove this) 22/03/2024 Finally got the car back as according to garage, the warranty company took a long to time to pay for the repairs 28/04/2024 Engine management Light has come back on. Using the borrowed OBD scanner I am getting the following codes: P0133 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Response too Slow P2138 - Accelerator Position Sensors (G79) / (G185): Implausible Correlation I have not yet booked into a garage as I wanted to see what my rights are in terms of rejecting the car as to me the faults seem related. I can’t keep using taxi or train to get to work every time the car goes into the garage as it is getting very expensive. Am I right in thinking that they have used up their chance to repair when they conducted the repair end of January or when they refused to repair it in February ? If I am still able to reject the vehicle could you point to any sample letters or emails I can use. Thankyou for your advice on my next steps.
    • Ok noted about the screenshot uploads. In terms of screwing up I had one previous ticket that defaulted and ended up in a CCJ from Southend airport because for some reason during COVID I didn't receive their claim form just a notice of default. This hospital ticket was the 2nd ticket that went to CCJ due to a lack of knowledge of the process. Maybe it's easier just to pay them in future I'm thinking though, I don't get them very often anyway
    • Car maker takes a hit from weakening demand and price war in the world's largest electric vehicle market.View the full article
    • please stop posting up unnecessary unnamed screenshot files  you've done it throughout your threads and we have to renamed them. RENAME THE FILE before you upload if its just text information like a defence or a claim history or a link to a previous post  type it here not by an unnamed screenshot attachment  . sorry NM but you've been here dealing with PPC claims since 2021 somehow you always manage to screw up.......or do totally the opposite of std repeated advice on 10'000 of PPC threads here you are your own worst enemy... dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

I am alsmost suicidal with worry... re debt agencies..

BABYHOLLIE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It may seem that the world is coming to an end but it is the end of a BAD world and the start of a new one, and in the new one you have the power and strength of this website behind you.

The DCA scumbags operate in a world of fear and poor knowledge - here you will find out how to play them on their own playingfield and play them at their own 'rules'.

You are not alone and we are all here to help you get over the seemingly difficult hurdles without giving you lecutures and bad vibes.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello just a little update. My mother has been ill but meeting her all being well on Thursday to go through everything and will post all information on here. The card that came through my lrrtter box was one from the CL Finance re my laura ashley account. The card said it was a pre bailiff visit and ring urgent and i have don this and he says i have to pay him £122 straight away or will remove goods from my property. The debt is for a total of £350 only.

The compnay that has sent him is CL finance.

IAgain thanks so much as I have said I will update what debts but off my head I have the following ones

MY MORTGAGE £950 PER MONTH - BEEN TO COURT AND HAVE TO PAY NORMAL AMOUNT OF £797 PLUS £150 ON TOP.

BANK LOAN WITH HALIFAX £9000 - WITH DEBT COLLECTER EVERSHEDS

CREDIT CARD HALIFAX APPRX 2000 - WITH HALIFAX STILL

CITI BANK CREDIT CARD £600- STILL WITH THEM BEHIND BY £50

LAURA ASHLEY £350 WITH CL FINACE

MOTHERCARE £1500 APPROX- WITH HOWARD AND COWEN BUT NOT 100% SURE

NEXT £890- WITH DEBT COLLECTER

ARGOS£1100 WITH DETS AGENCY

CAR LAON WITH BLACK HORSE FINANCE £11,000- ALL UP TO DATE

I work and earn £80 per week but self employed so so about £60 as can claim lots as a childminder part time

I also get dla the highest rate as my daughter has been so ill of £264 pm

carers allowance £45 per week

tax cretits and child tax credits £275 per week but i have my son in after school so that costs me £35 per week.

i get child maintenace also of £331 per month

child benefit £154 per month

I think that is it off my head but will put an in depth and proper amounts etc Thursday if that is okay.

Again thanks so much I got a first night of good sleep.

Hello just a little update. My mother has been ill but meeting her all being well on Thursday to go through everything and will post all information on here. The card that came through my lrrtter box was one from the CL Finance re my laura ashley account. The card said it was a pre bailiff visit and ring urgent and i have don this and he says i have to pay him £122 straight away or will remove goods from my property. The debt is for a total of £350 only.

The compnay that has sent him is CL finance.

CL are talking complete bowlarks. the only way a bailiff would be employed is if you had a CCJ and not paid the installments as agreed. even then, without a WPO, the bailiff could not seize goods. report them to your local TS and the OFT immediately. Send them a CCA request.

IAgain thanks so much as I have said I will update what debts but off my head I have the following ones

MY MORTGAGE £950 PER MONTH - BEEN TO COURT AND HAVE TO PAY NORMAL AMOUNT OF £797 PLUS £150 ON TOP.

Keep paying this - this is your priority debt.

BANK LOAN WITH HALIFAX £9000 - WITH DEBT COLLECTER EVERSHEDS

Send a CCA request to see if they have a legal right to collect your debt.

CREDIT CARD HALIFAX APPRX 2000 - WITH HALIFAX STILL

As above.

CITI BANK CREDIT CARD £600- STILL WITH THEM BEHIND BY £50

As above.

LAURA ASHLEY £350 WITH CL FINACE

Refer to earlier part of post.

MOTHERCARE £1500 APPROX- WITH HOWARD AND COWEN BUT NOT 100% SURE

Is this the one you believe you may have a CCJ with, or am I getting confused? If so, how much per month has the court ordered to be paid and are you keeping up with these payments?

NEXT £890- WITH DEBT COLLECTER

CCA request

ARGOS£1100 WITH DETS AGENCY

CCA request

CAR LAON WITH BLACK HORSE FINANCE £11,000- ALL UP TO DATE

You obviously need your car, so continue to pay if you can afford to do so.

I work and earn £80 per week but self employed so so about £60 as can claim lots as a childminder part time

I also get dla the highest rate as my daughter has been so ill of £264 pm

carers allowance £45 per week

tax cretits and child tax credits £275 per week but i have my son in after school so that costs me £35 per week.

i get child maintenace also of £331 per month

child benefit £154 per month

I think that is it off my head but will put an in depth and proper amounts etc Thursday if that is okay.

Again thanks so much I got a first night of good sleep.

I hope this helps - post back if there's anything you don't understand and about the CCJ.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Hi BABYHOLLIE. Im so glad to see you are in capable hands now regarding your debts.

I have paid this months mortgage plus what I ahve to pay extra alreday and know I have to do this or will loose the house.

This might be of interest to you at some stage.

BBC NEWS | Programmes | Moneybox | Warning over 'bullying' lenders

I would also like to add this place is so good as I feel better already

This pleases me immensely..Remember..YOU ARE NOT ALONE..

I will be watching with interest and wish you the very best.

TC.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Oh thanks so much. yes I need my car. One of my debts does have a ccj but unsure which one as my mother i doing it all but perhaps I had better get it all back. What is the cca letter you refer to that I have to send the debt collecters?

I preume it will be in the templates.

Oh also I have made a complaint to the Abbey as after to going to the CAB they told me i could apply to the bank for my charges back under the grounds of hardship. The Abbey said they needed 8 wekks to look into it and then a week ago got a letter after the 8 weeks are up to say they have not concluded their research and i could complain to finacail ombismun if i wanted to which i have and have got the forms here already to fill in and send. What shall I put on them shall I say i have been depressed and my daughter is seriously ill etc.. I used to have very good creit and 2.5 years agao bought this house on my own so they will know ot had many charges etc before the 1 year (the past year) My daughter still is ill but getting better... she is diabetic but anorexic so terrible rally!

Thanks again I appreciate it so much knowing I can share here

Yes, taht's exactly what you need to put - give them the full story of your financial hardship and your personal circumstances.

however, you do not need to go to the financila ombudsman to start a court case against Abbey - look at the guide at the beginning of the site to reclaiming bank charges and see how many steps you ahve already followed. Then proceed along those lines - almost certainly a stay will be put on, but you can apply for it to be lifted on grounds of financial hardship.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

yes I need my car.
Please dont drive without insurance.

What is the cca letter you refer to that I have to send the debt collecters?

I preume it will be in the templates.

Letter N here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Heres the step by step guide for reclaiming bank charges.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Its a proven method, and important that you follow it to said time scale, but please dont take on to much to soon.

Remember somebody is allways here to help.

Things sometimes take a little longer than one would hope, but the alternatives are worse.

Chin up.

Good Luck.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

hello my car is in the garage the tax is still valid but the insurance not. I would never drive a car without either of the baove. Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction too.

Nicola

Im pleased to here that. Sorry if i sounded a bit pushy.

My brother was run over and paralysed by an uninsured driver 40 years ago, totally ruined his life.

Have you thought about cashing the tax disc in?.

Just a thought.

Babyhollie.... make sure all those CCA requests go off by rec. delivery and not normal post. Make sure you know which one belongs to which CCA as well.... it's worth getting a file and stapling them to a copy of whatever you send.

:)

Once you start sending your CCA requests you'll be able to establish who has a legal rightto collect payments. As P1 has said- always send letters by recorded delivery and keep EVERYTHING - all receipts and letters.

You're on the road to financial recovery - go for it!! ;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Babyhollie, please never talk to them on the phone as they will tell you whatever they think is most likely to scare you into paying. If you talk to them on the phone, you're on their territory and they will try to convince you that they have all kinds of powers that they don't. Don't call them and if they call you hang up. You need to get everything in writing!

Babyhollie I totally agree with the advice you have been given. Pay that mortgage. I see you get Disability Living Allowance at the Highest rate. You also say you need a car. Now this is just a thought but you can use DLA for a motability vehicle on behalf of your daughter which will mean you you could sell the car. Although I know you never get much second hand unless you're sharp. Motability is a great deal as you get the car taxed and insured and all maintenance etc in fact all you do is put petrol in.

It may be you would prefer to keep the allowance and carry on with the loan but this is just an idea for you to explore in case that gets to be too much.

I really would follow the advice given here and see if you really do owe all this money these companies claim. Keep posting don't give up hope. And do not speak to them on the phone keep everything in writing.

Hi Babyhollie

Some good advice as usual from the forum. I am lost for words knowing that these people have pushed you as far as they have but take heart from all the very kind people on this site just waiting to give you good advice and support.

I am not as knowledgeable about things as they are but I have wondered if you have any equity in the house. If so would it be worth thinking about a remortgage or further advance to clear your debts. Its not always a good idea to secure unsecured debt but in this instance it may be the route to follow.

Just remember, these **** bags prey on the vulnerable, dont let them win.

Take care.

Hi, just to say welcome to CAG. I too have felt like you did. And i got such fantastic advice from the people on here. Even when i could not sleep i would come on here and just read through some of the threads. It really does make you feel better. The main advice i could give you is please please DO NOT speak to any of DCAs on the phone. Always communicate by letter only. That way you have a paper trail. You are in the right place here now. Good luck to you, you have all the support from every one here. x

The advice given here is good... prioritise and fend off those that are not life changing.

Mortgage can be sorted if handled carefully, into a temporary suspension and/or temporary change to interest only, to give you leeway.

Read the links given here, debt 'rushes in on people like a tide and leads to an almost panic reaction sometimes, don't load yourself with too much, read and be calm and MAKE NOTES, copy and paste bits that you might 'lose' later with continued reading.

Open any notepad/wordpad/office page and cut and paste the context and the content that gives a chink of light in the mirkiness.

Take things carefully and although you will not have the easiest of times, you will feel that you have control and taking control is the greatest bit of peace of mind you can have.

All the best!

Dear BabyHollie

I would just like to add my welcome to those you have received already and I would like to offer you my support too.

The advice I would like to offer is on the account you suspect you have a CCJ on. I would advise you to get in touch with your local county court and ask if a judgement has been entered against you, you need to find out:

When:

Who by:

How Much:

Once you have that, pop back on and I can give you a hand on this matter, my OH had a CCJ entered against him he knew nothing about, he managed to get it reheard (set-aside) and although he did get the CCJ again, the judge ordered him to pay £3 per month, much less than would of otherwise been ordered, because of his circumstances.

You must must must find out about this as soon as possible, if the DCA wants to take it back to court, they could ask for a charge to be made against your home in the worst case scenario.

Can I also ask if you went to court with your mortgage company or was it something you agreed before that point? I ask because when I and my husband were in the same position, the judge ordered the mortgage company to change the mortgage to interest only, stop rolling interest and charges and made us payd £39 per month plus our mortgage payment to the mortgage company. The judge was sympathetic and helpful.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

TF xx

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.

I agree with TF or you could get the CCJ varied. You just need to fill in some forms and Income and expenditure details. If you go for a variation on the CCJ you may be entitled to the fee being waived if you're in certain benefits.

Good luck 'n hugs...

Hey everyone, Im still a "baby" on here and learning so much from you all. I just wanted to point out how refreshing it is to read these threads, they start off with people really worried and then with the help and support of you all,you turn that person around! me included! or rather my partner.

can anyone tell me what the abbrev' CCA is??? Ive been wizzing about and still cant answer that one!

Im involved as an admin on another site to do with emotions and dependenses I know there must be some links with this site in this direction. These "people" who will stop at nothing to get their money back, dont seem to understand how deeply ashamed and upset this makes us, having this hanging over our heads. Someone said before, the not sleeping, I hate to think of how many of us "bury our heads in the sand". I think until you are mentally able to deal with this the whole thing just keeps getting worse, its a ctach 22 situation.

thank God there are sites like this that make people not feel alone, its true what they say: there's safety in numbers...and above all knowledge!

all the best to you all

N