I am alsmost suicidal with worry... re debt agencies..

BABYHOLLIE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wouldn't worry too much about the doorstep threat.... these guys are not bailiffs and if they refuse to leave, just call the police. There is also a good bog off letter, which I will post up here shortly.

A few of my past CCA requests have not shown up online for ages and I've had confirmation of their receipt by calling the number on the back of the rec. delivery receipt instead. Just a thought.

:)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear xxxxx

Ref xxxxx

I do not acknowledge any debt to your company.

I have noted you intention to arrange a “doorstep call” in you letter of xx/xx/2007. However, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours sincerely,

:p

Make sure it goes off by rec. delivery...

Updat on what has been happening...Today I had another agency ring me and they also have not received the letters from me that I sent to be signed for so today are sending them all again! I have had moorcrofts ring and get a letter this morning and it states unless I pay £70 they will send a person round to discuss payment options etc..Any advice much appreciated.Nicola x

Nicola. Ring your phone company. Change your number. Go ex-directory immediately. Unless you have huge personal reasons not to change your number then do it now. You will feel so much better after a few days of no phone calls! As P1 says recorded delivery doesn't always show up on the R.M. website. I wouldn't send the letters again for now. I rang R.M. one time after it didn't show up on their website and they emailed it to me free of charge.

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

Hi Nicola

I too had that same threat of someone calling round and was beside myself with worry about it, then the lovely peeps on here advised me to send the same letter that P1 has put on here for you.

Nobody called on me, but I kept a copy beside the door as well as posting one to them, so that if someone did call (and tried to say they had had received no such letter) I could shove the copy at them before I told them to bogoff and shut the door in their face ;):)

Love SG x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Changing your 'phone number is one idea... but you shouldn't feel like you have to. If you do decide to go down this route however, BT (Nuisance Call Bureau.. if I remember rightly) will do it free of charge the first time, if you say you are being harrassed.

Alternatively, just hang up... Once you get over the fear associated with debt collectors, hanging up becomes a doddle. ;)

I used to be terrified of the calls Nicola, however as time has gone on and I've got more confident I'm not bothered any longer. I didn't change my number personally but of course it is an option as renegotiation has said.

I now enjoy waiting for the DCAs to introduce themselves and ask me to go through security with them, at which point I then say "no I will not, put it in writing" !

It throws them completely...and then as they begin to try to object I put the phone down...sheer bliss! ;)

Love SG x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Yes, P1 and spirit make valid points. :-) :-) :-) Each to their own of course. I tend to think that most people are too distraught a lot of the time to even realise it is an option though. That it is why I have begun pressing the idea. B.T. did change our number free of charge. I also suspect that a lot of the negative emotion that people can feel in their lives because of debt can to a significant degree actually be down to the calls themselves. It is very insidious and I don't think that the people suffering the calls even realise it. That's how I see it anyway.

• Haha 1

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

I also suspect that a lot of the negative emotion that people can feel in their lives because of debt can to a significant degree actually be down to the calls themselves.

Totally agree with you.... if it wasn't for the 'phone calls and constant intimidation and threats, people wouldn't be driven to the edge in some of the ways we hear about.

Hi Babyhollie. I expect the whole Christmas thing has thrown the post out! I wouldn't worry about re-sending letters personally, but if it makes you feel better, then go for it.

If you can afford it, perhaps send the more important ones by special delivery which is usually more reliable, albeit more expensive.

Post up the next developments as they happen. Hope you're ok ;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.