• Tweets

• Can someone please advise on how to upload picture.  I’ve taken a photo of the first page of claim form and converted to pdf but it saying file too big. It’s only one page
    • pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’. Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time. You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID. You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .. get a CCA Request running to the claimant . https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332502-cca-request-consumer-credit-act-1974-updated-january-2015/ .. Leave the £1 PO unsigned and uncrossed . get a CPR  31:14  request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant] ... https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/ . .use our other CPR letter if the claim is for an OD or Telecom Debt or Util debt]  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/ on BOTH type your name ONLY Do Not sign anything .do not ever use or give an email . you DO NOT await the return of ANY paperwork  you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count] ..............  
    • you IGNORE THEM. stop being had blind nothing anyone can do to you. dx  
    • 3 threads merged for complete history of your debts. i suggest you re read from post 1 again. what are you doing still blindly paying a DCA on a historic debt?  
    • Hi, I have an old outstanding debt from 1994 due to MBNA for £20,000. The debt has been passed to various DCAs and is currently with PRA Group.  I sent them a CCA letter in January 2024. They acknowledged this letter and stated they would come back when they had more information, however the information did not arrive within the 12 working day scenario.. I have just received a copy of the agreement which goes back to 1994 from them. In their response letter they have stated " Please find enclosed documentation received to date: we are waiting further documents in order to complete your request. We have currently deemed this debt as unenforceable which means we are not able to take court or further action against you to recover the outstanding balance". They then go on to state "we are still legally entitled to:  1.Contact you to ask and repay what you owe 2.Pass your details onto a third party collection agency 3. Continue to report your account with the credit reference bureaux (as appropriate)". I'm at a loss as to what I should do next and would appreciate any guidance on this matter. I am currently paying £5.00 pcm. TIA      
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help please! cca not complied with now debt collectors involved

Dollydoo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have received yet another letter from BOS demanding immediate action from me, so I guess another letter is needed :mad: anyone have any good ones I could send to remind them that they don't understand "account in dispute" or something, I know they received the last letter because of the recorded delivery! Do they do this deliberately to wind people up?!

Thanks for all your help and advice!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just re send tiglets letter. just remember to add they have 7 days from recipt of letter to return the acc to oc or u will be reporting them to ts for failing to adhere to oft guidelines on debt collection.

• Haha 1

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I re-sent the letter and got yet another letter from Halifax saying my complaint was being looked into etc. Today, I receive another letter from BOS "Notice of intended court action" and demanding payment. Should I keep re-sending the "bemused" letter or ignore it and wait for the court action? As yet I haven't made any formal complaints in writing to other bodies - Trading Standards never replied to my telephone call, who is the best one to complain to about BOS keep demanding payment? Thanks

I would try trading standards again - the account should be on hold while there is a dispute on the account.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Oh dear they really play stupid, especially considering they are the SAME company.

Throw this at them.

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your ref:

Thank you for your letter of **DATE**, the contents of which are noted.

I refer to my letter of **DATE** a copy of which is enclosed for your perusal and ease of reference.

As holders of a Consumer Credit Licence you are obliged to comply with the Office of Fair Trading Guidelines on Debt Collection. I would therefore be obliged if you would provide me with an explanation as to why you are attempting to collect on an alleged debt which was disputed with **BANK ** prior to your first contact with me, and has yet to be resolved.

As per OFT guidelines Section 2.8k "not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt."

Since this is considered an unfair practice and contrary to the OFT guidelines, you should consider this letter as a formal complaint, and provide me with a copy of your complaint resolution procedure.

I also require you to confirm that you will now comply with the OFT guidelines, and will not attempt any further collection activity whilst the dispute is unresolved.

Should you fail to provide me with the required undertaking within 7 days, I shall report your breach of the OFT guidelines to Trading Standards and the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Take notice that I will not discuss this matter on the telephone, and all further communication must be in writing. Any further telephone calls will be perceived as harassment, and dealt with accordingly.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you would prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Curly.

The above letter is it suitable for all as in not just banks.

I was thinking on using it if i have DCAs comming after disputed debts.

Chrissi

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

There are a few different versions, but the tone is generally the same ;)

If it's going to a DCA I like to add this line:

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that your continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40, Protection from harassment Act 1997 section 3 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I've had letter from Halifax saying they enclose copy of my agreement which includes "signed agreement and application" along with current terms and conditions and they also enclose statements from start date to present. goes on to say that as they have supplied statements from opening and to date they have not received correspondence from me to dispute any of the transactions that have been added to the account and indeed I have acknowledged the debt by making the repayments. Then they refer me to deal with Blair Oliver Scot who have frozen interest etc to help me with repayments. In actual fact all they have sent is the same original application (which I posted at beginning of thread). Copies of separate credit card agreement which I have not signed and there is no space for a signature anyway and also copies of another separate document "conditions of use". the credit card agreement is about 8 pages long and has my current address where it states between parties Halifax myself. The only section asking for a signature on this doc is where it asks if you want repayments cover - no signature there but they still charged me each month! Where do I go from here, any help please. sorry this is a bit long winded too many pages to scan, but will do if you need me to. Help and advice much appreciated. Thanks

yes a couple of questions.

1) you have said they have enclosed the current terms what is the date of these and when did you take the card out?

2) the agreement what is the date of this?

if none of these match up which i am guessing the T&Cs dont from what u have said they have not complied with the cca of 1974 and as a result the agreement is unenforcable. Especailly if they dont have any of the prescribed terms in the original document.

I took the card out in Oct 2001 and the only date I can find on the conditions of use is a small code at the foot of the last page TC7.71E (12/00) which I presume is December 2000, they've never sent this before and I've never seen nor signed it. The only doc with my signature is the application.

I can't find anything relating to a date on the copy of the agreement.

Thanks for your help.

£12 a time. Also, I only moved to my current address in 2003 which is what is stated at the top of the agreement, surely if this was a copy of the original it would have my previous address. Or could they say it was a renewed agreement because of change of circumstances etc.

I just scanned thru statements they sent and noticed in 2002 they were charging £20 late payment fees! Whats the best way to deal with this now, another letter? any advice much appreciated

Naughty naughty - looks like they've sent you current T&C's and therefore have not complied with your request. Also, if your address is different, it clearly is not your original document.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

thats what i was thinking tiglet but i had neck ache, not your fault dollydoo, so found it difficult to try and read the T&Cs.

rite for your referance they have a total unenforcable document. Have a nice day.

if they say that then i would argue still that you want to see a copy of the agreement you signed when opening the account. also as this new agreement is not signed how can it be an executed agreement?

I have a good one that i made myself but i cant post it here fue to its wonderful content. :D

it goes a bit like this

you dont have the paperwork that is needed to meke this debt legal so i am not going to pay you. now go away and leave me alone.

you could always use this letter.

Dear Sirs,

Acc Number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Re: my request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974

Thank you for your recent letter sent to me, the contents of which are noted. I appreciate your quick response to my original letter. However, the reply received by me does not fulfil your requirements under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The Act demands that I be supplied with a true copy of any properly executed credit agreement that exists in relation to the above account. I may ask for this on demand providing that a fee of £1.00 is paid. This fee was sent with my original letter.

My request for this information remains outstanding.

Your letter dated the xx/xx/ 2007 is somewhat confusing and does not appear to be in direct response to my request. You state “As this debt remains unsatisfied, this will be noted on our internal file for future reference” may I ask what if anything this has to do with my statutory request for documentation under the Consumer Credit Act 1974

In addition you quote “This information will also form part of your records at the Credit Reference Agencies where we share information. This information will remain on your Credit Reference File for 6 years.” again I have to question what relevance this is to my statutory request.

As things stand I have requested disclosure pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974 section 78(1). You have failed to comply with this request and are now in default of your statutory obligations under the Act. As a result of this I am withholding payment under the provision of s78 (6) CCA 1974 until you actively engage me in discussions to resolve this dispute, something that you have to date completely avoided.

Therefore I respectfully request that you clarify if you will be complying with my request for a true copy of the executed agreement covering this account, if not I respectfully request that you confirm if you do indeed hold the requested documentation to allow me to assess how best to deal with this dispute.

Should you ignore this request you will leave me not option but to make formal complaints to the OFT, FOS and Trading Standards. In addition l cannot rule out the prospect of legal action to prohibit you from processing my data should this attempt to resolve this matter be ignored.

If I have not received response within 14 days of you receiving this letter l will start making my complaints.

Please don’t ignore this letter, If you don’t understand it please pass it on to someone who will.

I look forward to your reply.

Your Faithfully

Thank you for your letter dated 10th March 2008.

However, the reply received by me does not fulfil your requirements under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Act demands that I be supplied with a true copy of any properly executed credit agreement that exists in relation to the above account. I may ask for this on demand providing that a fee of £1.00 is paid. This fee was sent with my original letter.

My request for this information remains outstanding.

An unsigned credit agreement like the one you sent in your reply, does not constitute a true copy of any credit agreement that may or may not have been signed by me on the opening of this account. A blank agreement neither confirms that I am liable for any alleged debt to you, nor gives me any chance to evaluate whether any original agreement was ‘properly executed’

I still require you to send me a true copy of the original credit agreement that you allege exists. As you will know, under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, a judge is not permitted to make any enforcement order unless the creditor can provide a true signed copy of the original credit agreement. This means that unless you can produce such an agreement, this alleged debt is not enforceable in law, mere copies of the same documents will not suffice.

Therefore I respectfully request that you clarify if you will be complying with my request for a true copy of the executed agreement covering this account, if not I respectfully request that you confirm if you do indeed hold the requested documentation to allow me to assess how best to deal with this dispute.

Since the agreement is unenforceable, it would be in everyone’s interest to consider the matter closed and for you to write the debt off. I suggest you give serious consideration to this as any attempt of litigation will be vigorously defended and I will counter claim for all quantifiable damages.

Should you ignore this request you will leave me no option but to make formal complaints to the OFT, FOS and Trading Standards. In addition l cannot rule out the prospect of legal action to prohibit you from processing my data should this attempt to resolve this matter be ignored.

If I have not received a response within 14 days of you receiving this letter l will start making my complaints. Please don’t ignore this letter, If you don’t understand it please pass it on to someone who will.

I trust this clarifies the situation.

It looks to cover everything Dollydoo. However, please dont just take my word, wait for someone with more experience to come along as I am sure they will :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I would ignore it - people can make payments to a debt for many reasons - plus it has absolutely nothing to do with not being supplied with a CCA when requested.