Private Parking Tickets - General discussion points

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've gone down the letter route and asked them to substantiate their claim with supporting evidence and they've sent me a photograph of my car, not really sure what my next step should be. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

I've gone down the letter route and asked them to substantiate their claim with supporting evidence and they've sent me a photograph of my car, not really sure what my next step should be. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

You have already taken a step too far. Just ignore from now on, although expect a lot of threatening mail.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Just had a letter from Debt Col letors on Friday.

Relevant chunk:

This account has been passed to us with instructions to commence litigation and to obtain Judgement against you. Such a course of action may have an adverse affect on your ability to obtain credit and would include costs, Court fees and interest which may disproportionately increase the amount outstanding.

To avoid this please make a payment within ... [see] the enclosed payment slip.

Now I can't ignore these guys, what should I send them?

Relevant chunk:

Now I can't ignore these guys, what should I send them?

Why not?

They have no more power than a complete stranger in the street asking you for money.

If you engage them you will only encourage them to write more letters to you because they will think you are wavering.

regards

Main reason is these letters are addressed to my wife, and that one had her writing a cheque whilst I was in work....! at least if I send the "please refer to ECP, as this matter is in dispute..." letter it should keep the debt co llectors at bay.

Been following the advice on here, I have had 2 debt collectors(roxburghe) invoices and most recently a solicitors letter notifiying me of legal action(graham white) which I have ignored.

I know the general advice on hear is to ignore, but if these idiots do take me court (i know they wont), would it weaken my case that I never corresponded with them?

Just hypothetical.

This account has been passed to us with instructions to commence litigation and to obtain Judgement against you. Such a course of action may have an adverse affect on your ability to obtain credit and would include costs, Court fees and interest which may disproportionately increase the amount outstanding.

To avoid this please make a payment within ... [see] the enclosed payment slip.

Barney, note the words they use in this letter ......

such a course of action MAY have ......

PLEASE make a payment within......

sounds like they are getting desperate for your money !

carry on ignoring them.

hello all:-)

I know... but how can I convince the wife? Are there any any sources I can show her other than (no offence intended, guys...) a few posts on a web forum? She gets intimidated by these letters, and was nearly paying them whilst I was at work!

I did see this:

Defending a parking charge notice issued by UK Parking Control — law answers

edit:

I just found this on the Money Saving Expert site:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets

What do you guys reckon?

Edited by barney_gumble

My wife parked in a Parking Eye run CP for over the 3 permitted hours. I received the PCN as registered owner and keeper of the car, unfortunately I let them know my wife was driving the car when I phoned them to try and get the charge overturned (no chance, of course).

We have since spoken to Citizens Advice and the retail park owners who both advised NOT ignoring the PCN. CA suggested writing to them to ask for evidence and saying as I was not the driver I am not liable.

Sent the following:

I acknowledge receipt of your Parking Charge Notice. It seems that you have got my details from the DVLA and I confirm I am the registered owner and keeper of the vehicle in question. You need to take this matter up with the driver concerned.

In the meantime I absolutely deny that the amount claimed, or any amount at all, is due to you from me.

Unless you provide evidence to substantiate your claim against me I shall be unable to assist you further in this matter and I restate my denial of this claim.

In a couple of days the PCN ticks over from £50 to £80. We are both concerned and I feel I may have stitched ourselves up by telling them over the phone that my wife was driving and later sending this letter saying effectively it wasn't me!

I'm sure this is similar to other postings but can someone give us some helpful advice before my wife decides to pay up and forget about it?

Edited by s2000an
correction

First of all I'd say, modify your post so it doesn't say where you were... or maybe when you got it.

Have a read of my 2 links above, they're shorter than this whole thread.

Maybe you'll get lucky and they never recorded the call. Wait on it and see who they write to.

Edited by barney_gumble

your phone call is irrelevant - why do you think all PPCs ask for written appeals. CA is useless. a few web posts about ignoring ? ? there are hundreds and hundreds. see http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/164651-problems-ppcs-face.html?highlight=problems+ppc+face and FAQs - PPCs - fighting back. The forces are aligned

I know... but how can I convince the wife? Are there any any sources I can show her other than (no offence intended, guys...) a few posts on a web forum? She gets intimidated by these letters, and was nearly paying them whilst I was at work!

Hide the cheque book....

What do you guys reckon?

Same as always, ignore and get on with your life.

regards

:D But seriously, she's not convinced by "some people off the web..."

Sadly Barney, you may have to let her pay the [problematic], 'you can lead a horse to water.........................':sad:

regards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks