Private Parking Tickets - General discussion points

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4785 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Quick bit of feedback - I posted here in July of last year after getting a 'charge' for parking in my own workplace in a P&D carpark 'cos I couldn't get into the staff car park. Never heard anything more after my letter of July. So definitely worth ignoring / not paying these charges.

WF

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys

I suspect I know what's coming here but thought it was worth asking anyway.

Parked in a South Tyneside Council car park tonight, paid my ticket up until 8.30pm (as was required, stated on the sign). What I DIDN'T notice, however, was that the car park closed at 10pm (also says on sign, in somewhat smaller writing).

Came back to car at about 10.45, locked in, with a PCN on windscreen stating

(93) parked in car park when closed.

If it'll help, I'll get a pic up of PCN tomorrow, but if it's a case of 'can't do anything coz its council, not private, car park', then I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet?

Weird coincidence, coz I was JUST reading this site by accident this morning, and thought 'I'd better bookmark that, just incase!' Wasn't expecting to need it quite so soon!

As far as I can tell, details on PCN appear to be correct.

Says it was observed from 22:23 to 22:24 - does that make a difference or is it a myth that you have to be allowed a certain amount of grace time?

Any help much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

it's me again... posted last month after getting a ticket for parking in a disabled bay in tesco without a permit. Got 2 letters from UKPC to pay a fine. Ignored the 2 letters asking me to pay the fine, today I've just received a letter from Roxburghe debt collectors asking me to pay the 70 pounds fine, or the case will be passed onto their solicitor for potential legal action!!

What should I do now?? Please help!! :confused:

these are the standard letters that are sent out as part of this mail based [problem]. Have a search here on Roxburghe, or a google wide search, we have seen loads of these letters. What you should do now in my opionion is put the Roxburghe letters in the same place as the rest of the rubbish UKPC sent you and carry on with your life.

Hi to everyone.

Hope someone can give me advice as to wording of letter to Civil Enforcement Ltd. None of the templates seem to suit my case.

The "PCN" alleges that I left my car in a Co-op car park from 9:36 am until 05:19 pm. I can categorically state that this did not happen. I would never have any reason to leave my car there all day and what I think has happened is that I visited the store in the morning and again in the evening and their camera/software has cocked up. I can also prove that I visited a local garage at lunchtime that day in my car to arrange a tyre fitting for the following day.

I am really p*ssed off at receiving this and am minded to send the b*st*rds an invoice for the time that I am having to spend in dealing with it.

What do others think?

these are the standard letters that are sent out as part of this mail based [problem]. Have a search here on Roxburghe, or a google wide search, we have seen loads of these letters. What you should do now in my opionion is put the Roxburghe letters in the same place as the rest of the rubbish UKPC sent you and carry on with your life.

you sure??? I'm really worried... i shouldnt write to them to stop writing to me or anything??

Thanks for ur help... am really scared... duno how to handle these things.. :Cry:

Hi guys,

What should I do now?? Please help!! :confused:

Hi AlPal,

Continue to ignore these clowns. Let them spend money chasing you, the only letters are real ones from a Court and that isn't going to happen, so just get on with your life and laugh at these pathetic attempts to extort money from you.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hiya All,

I'm very new to this and feeling terrified from the latest letter from Rossendales - Car Parking Management Cumbria and I'd really appreciate the help please....

Back in September 2008 on a Friday I parked my car outside the Ibis in Carlisle so I could book in and get an overnight parking permit. I was in approx 10-15 mins due to the reception being busy and when I went out there was a parking notice from the above. When I spoke to the hotel staff they informed me it wasn't their car park and this had happened a few times to guests. They said I should ring up and explain and see what happened.

I rang a couple of days later and the person on the end was rude and abrupt and spoke over me and said I was committing an offense and I should have put money in the pay & display (for an hour at min) I said there were no signs near to me and i was there only 10 mins and I had done it on the 6 other times I had stayed in the past. He was nasty and put the phone down on me!!!!!

Prior to being so vile he did manage to tell me the hotel could confirm that I was a guest and cancel out the ticket! I then phoned the hotel and the manager asked me to drop off the ticket and a covering letter and he would send them a copy of my hotel invoice and it would be sorted.

On the 23th Dec 08 I then recieve a letter saying I had ignored previous requests (NOT HAD) and Rossendales would be recovering the debt.

I phoned them on the 5th Jan and was told that the hotel had not been in touch. I explained that as I had not heard anything in 3 months that I thought the matter was dealt with and closed. He advised me to obtain a copy of my hotel receipt and email it to them with an appeal. I did this on the same day. He said he would note this and leave this 'open'?????

I then sent a follow up email (with read receipt) on the 14th Jan and have not received any reply.

So we now come to the FINAL DEMAND letter I got on Friday 23rd Jan (dated 19th) saying they are entitled to issue legal action through the local court and legal costs could be added and ordered against my home......

I feel scared and intimidated and very worried.... so much so do I just pay the £80?????

Any help off anyone would be grateful. You all do a great job on here I'm please I did a seach on google.

I feel scared and intimidated and very worried.... so much so do I just pay the £80?????

no, No, NO and NO!!!

What you do now is stop rining them, stop writing to them and start completley ignoring any letters and threats (yes coz that's all they are, threats) until and unless you receive an actual court summons (which you won't).

It is a [problem] and they rely on people being scared into paying just like you nearly were.

Hi Nana,

As Crem says, stop contacting them. As for their threats to take 'legal action', simple if they could they would. These clowns don't want to go anywhere near a court. They rely simply on provoking the sort of response that you have from their letters.

For support and comfort read over this whole thread you will see that many others have been in the same position and nothing has happened. When they realise you are not playing they will eventually move onto an easier target.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Much to my chagrin I was issued a parking ticket tonight, I miss read the cleverly written sign and am the proud owner of a £100 penalty or £50 reduced early bird settlement ticket from Premierpark ltd.

Now I accept that from what I have read here I should just ignore this and any threats and use the template letters where necessary. But I have an alternative idea and wondered the outcome.

They request payment on line or via cheques or postal orders. To save the hassle of ignoring their letters I wondered, as they are a business, they likely pay charges for cheque depositing(business banking charges are different to personal banking). I was contemplating issuing them 50 cheques for £1 or 100(if I can find that many) cheques for 0.50 I believe Lloyds charge £0.65 to bank cheques.... Fortunately both my private and business account do not charge me for issuing them..

Asside from the pleasure of writing out 50 to 100 :?: cheques made payable to Premier park ltd referenced to the ticket number Would they..

a) bank the cheques at a loss

b) try to void the payment and request the payment differently (the cheques are a valid payment method though)

c) not bank the cheques and give up?

Or am I just plain daft?icon7.gif

HI everyone,

I dont know if you can help, but i parked on some land that was just just behind some shops, it looked ok to park as i did not notice any signs and it was dark.

I was away 45 minutes, and when i returned my car was gone. after asking the police they infomed me that it may have been removed by private enforcment. and to check the signs in the carpark.

i check and it did say could not park unless had a permit or something like that, i called them and i was unable to get any responce from the mobile or office number given. this was a saturday night while working as a area manager.

I called the two numbers all day sunday, and there was no reply.

I called all morning on monday, and at around 2:30pm i was able to get contact with someone that said they did have my car.

They wanted £150 for removing a clamp. then they also wanted £175.00 for taking it out of their priavte compound, they also wanted £35 holding charge for sunday and monday being a part day. total cost i had to pay on that monday was £395.00.

I was only gone 45 minutes would that have been enough time to put a clamp on and leave it how ever long they should, and then remove the car? as i thought they had to take one of the actions and leave it for a period of time? might be wrong though lol.

Is there anything i can do to try and claim my money back form this company?

does anyone have any ideas or advice

cheers :)

The above letters worked for me!! My car park fine was dropped. Here is my situation.

I recieved a pct stating that i was parked outside the parking bay. Whether or not I was remains to be questionable. However, I followed the above letter templates(i wrote about 4-5 letters and i did actually admit that it was me driving) and applied it to my situation. Basically, the ncp kept writing back saying they had reviewed my case and that the contract law was enforceable based on the parking attendants notes??!! I requested photographic evidence which they could not provide.

Here is the thing that really worked: WRITING TO MY MP!!!! in fact i didnt even write to him, i emailed him on the off chance that my query may be read.

I recieved a response within 3 days from the mp!!! He said hew ould write to ncp requesting my case to e lloked at. About a month later, i recieved another response from the mp with an attached letter from the ceo of ncp saying they had dropped the case as a good will gesture in view of the fact that ncp couldnt respond to my request for photographic evidence!!!

moral: WRITE TO YOUR MP IF YOU GET NOWHERE!

Hi there. I got a £70 fine in a Tesco's carpark from UKPC. I wrote denying any money was owed by myself to them as there were insufficient signs and had therefore not entered into a contract with the landowner and also commented on the bullying, unlawful methods to extort moneis. I received quite a pleasant letter back from UKPC saying that the case had previously been put on hold but that there were sufficient signs and that I must pay £70 immediaitely otherwise my limbs would be cut off essentially. 5 days after this I received a letter from Roxburgh debt collecting agency. 3 days after that Roxburgh phoned me at home! I told them the matter was in dispute which they asked me to put in writing which I did. A week after that I received a solicitors letter saying that I now owed £170 for fee's and the origional fine and that I would be taken to County Court and blacklisted if I did not attend. I wrote denying that I owed any money and explained why. I was phoned today by the debt collecting agency Roxburgh saying they had not received my letter which I read out on the phone and advised them that I had proof of posting. She said she will email UKPC requesting photographic evidence so that this can be taken further and that the money can be collected. I advised her that I have returned to the site and taken my own photo's that show quite clearly insufficient signs in the area but am quite frankly bored out of my pants with thw whole thing which has been going on since November. Any suggestions?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4785 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks