Private Parking Tickets - General discussion points

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4796 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Otherwise they will just end up sending more letters and possibly people round

Let me assure you, no-one will come anywhere near your home address. Like Crem, I advocate the, 'do not respond method'. It has certainly been my method on over 15 of these invoices over 3 years, and I have yet to see anyone come round or any court papers. There is not one threat these clowns have writtent to me has ever amounted to anything.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi fellow criminals,

I have just got a PCN from a company called Valley Enforcement Ltd. based in Exeter. The car park in question belongs to a church. I had parked there many times before but had not realised it was now a private pay and display car park. The invoice is for £100. As I understand it this all comes under the law of conract and the company can only claim for any loss suffered. In this case the loss suffered was for three hours parking at £1 per hour, ie £3. I am minded to send a PO for £3 in final settlement and inform the police if I receive any other demands. Has anybody any thoughts on this approach ?

Hi I'm new to this,

I'd just received a 'charge certificate' from UKPC today for a parking charge of 70 pounds (or 40 if paid within 14 days) for the contravention that my vehicle was parked in a disabled bay without displaying a valid permit in Tesco. I couldn't see the sign at the time but I went back afterwards but couldn't really see any signs stating the penalties for parking there without a permit.

Is there anything I can do?? Please help!! :|

Thanks

Hi fellow criminals,

I have just got a PCN from a company called Valley Enforcement Ltd. based in Exeter. The car park in question belongs to a church. I had parked there many times before but had not realised it was now a private pay and display car park. The invoice is for £100. As I understand it this all comes under the law of conract and the company can only claim for any loss suffered. In this case the loss suffered was for three hours parking at £1 per hour, ie £3. I am minded to send a PO for £3 in final settlement and inform the police if I receive any other demands. Has anybody any thoughts on this approach ?

I believe from reading other posts on here that if the private land owner, i.e. the church in this instance, charges for car parking, then that parking area should be subject to a rateable charge value too. Might be worth checking with the council that the church is indeed paying their rates. :)

do nothing - blue badge scheme does not apply in private car parks. read the PPC stickies.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Do I do nothing now or wait for a letter from them or send a letter as in the template suggested by Bernie the bolt (on p1 of this thread)??

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply!

Do I do nothing now or wait for a letter from them or send a letter as in the template suggested by Bernie the bolt (on p1 of this thread)??

Thanks!

The most common recommendation currently is do nothing now, then do nothing again when they write to the RK, then finally do nothing when you get letters from them or their DCA threatening to eat your dog and sell your children into slavery.

The most common recommendation currently is do nothing now, then do nothing again when they write to the RK, then finally do nothing when you get letters from them or their DCA threatening to eat your dog and sell your children into slavery.

Dear lamma and crem, thanks for your previous reply.

I have been back to that car park where i got the ticket and there are signs behind the space saying something like 'permit holders' only and other sign opposite saying something about 'blue badge holders'

should I still do nothing about the charge certificate i received or should I send them a template letter or one suggested by petej2811 in another thread:

"I see your charge as unlawful, uneforceable and I am not liable. I will not be providing any payment and your continued pursuit of this matter will constitute an offence under the Protection From Harassment Act 1997. I consider the matter closed and am explicitly instructing you not to contact me again for any reason, except to confirm that the matter is now closed"

sorry for keep hassling you guys but I'm just a bit of a worrier! :S - the only thing I'm worried about is court action...

Thanks!

Dear lamma and crem, thanks for your previous replied.

I have been back to that car park where i got the ticket and there are signs behind the space saying something like 'permit holders' only and other sign opposite saying something about 'blue badge holders'

should I still do nothing about the charge certificate i received or should I send them a template letter or one suggested by petej2811 in another thread:

"I see your charge as unlawful, uneforceable and I am not liable. I will not be providing any payment and your continued pursuit of this matter will constitute an offence under the Protection From Harassment Act 1997. I consider the matter closed and am explicitly instructing you not to contact me again for any reason, except to confirm that the matter is now closed"

sorry for keep hassling you but I'm just a bit of a worrier! :S - the only thing I'm worried about is court action...

Thanks!

sorry for keep hassling you but I'm just a bit of a worrier! :S - the only thing I'm worried about is court action...

Thanks!

By engaging them in correspondence you will ecourage them to give you even more hassle. Just ignore them, as advised and get on with your life.

regards

Hi,

I have ignored the private parking ticket I have received. They issued me a ticket saying I was not parked in bay but there was no sign stating that you have to be parked in bay.

They sent me a letter saying that they have got my details from DLVA to pay up. I ignored that letter and now I've got a letter from County Court. What should I do now???

Hi all,

I am also new to this site,Some of the work you guys do is amazing! I have only just received a Excel Parking charge notice in Bradford West Yorkshire.

60 pound fine if paid within 14 days, I was just about to make payment when i stumbled across this very informative site. I mistakenly parked in a disabled spot think it was a parent and toddler bay (this was a retail park). I was gone for literally 5 minutes,Came back to find 2 attendants writing out a ticket which they proceeded to hand to me,My pleas fell on deaf ears as "he had already written the ticket" Firstly the car is registered to my father and secondly i am very confused, some people are saying i should send of letters after they have written to my dad and some people recommend that staying silent is the best way. What should i do remain quite or fire of some template letters after they have got in touch???

Or should I just pay the damn fine and save all the AGGRO ,bearing in mind that it is the old mans car???? (I still have 7 days to pay)

Many thanks for all you help

"CONFUSED"

mannyblue69, just ask yourself first of all, why by any stretch of the imagination, would this company be entitled to £60 because you made a small mistake of parking in the "wrong" bay?

When you come to the right answer on that question (because there is ony one answer) then your only real choice is how best to go about ignoring their rediculous scamvoices. You could use the template letters at the appropriate time, but it is often said now that replying in any fashion simply confirms to the PPC that they have their hooks into a biting fish.

Ignoring completely doesn't even confirm to the PPC that their letters are being opened or read. Not replying at this stage does not have any bearing on your right to defend yourself if they were ever stupid enough to issue real court papers. This is the route I would take, but the choice is yours. :)

Hi again,

I wrote before regarding the fine of 40 pounds for parking in a disabled space in a tesco carpark 'without displaying a valid permit'. I have ignored the fine and now have got a letter of 'final reminder' for 70 pounds.

Should i ignore it or write them a letter to say i won't be paying it??

Thanks.

Should i ignore it or write them a letter to say i won't be paying it??

Thanks.

They only letter they will take any notice of from you is one containing a cheque, don't waste your time or postage.

regards

my partner recently parked in a private car park, he was 15 minutes past his ticket and was given a £80 parking fine, with 7 days to pay it. As he went away that day admittidaly he forgot.

He then recieved a letter demanding he pay £120 within 7 days, can anyone advise me what he should do? I've read through some of the threads on here and got some very helpful information.

Do you think we should fight this?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4796 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks