Please help with CCAs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. I have just recieved ccas from Barclaycard, egg and hfc. They all look fine to me but then I don't really know what i'm looking for. So can someone just have a read over and check they are OK please?

http://www.holdthatpic.com/photos/1015/29764.jpg]View image at HoldThatPic.com[/url] Barclaycard cca page 1

http://www.holdthatpic.com/photos/1015/29763.jpg]View image at HoldThatPic.com[/url] Barclaycard cca page 1

http://www.holdthatpic.com/photos/1015/29765.jpg]View image at HoldThatPic.com[/url] HFC CCA

http://www.holdthatpic.com/photos/1015/29766.jpg]View image at HoldThatPic.com[/url] Egg CCA page 1

http://www.holdthatpic.com/photos/1015/29767.jpg]View image at HoldThatPic.com[/url] Egg CCA page 2

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Heather,

There you go, all working now the URL`s to each link were wrong.

The scan quality of the CCA`s are not very good, although I`m no expert, so I`m not sure what we should be looking for.

Hopefully someone with more experience and knowledge will be along soon.

Regards

N.P.

Barclycard CCA 1 http://www.holdthatpic.com/photos/1015/29764.jpg

Barclycard CCA 2 http://www.holdthatpic.com/photos/1015/29763.jpg

HFSC CCA http://www.holdthatpic.com/photos/1015/29765.jpg

Egg CCA 1 http://www.holdthatpic.com/photos/1015/29766.jpg

Egg CCA 2 http://www.holdthatpic.com/photos/1015/29767.jpg

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

When it says that the credit limit should be there does it mean an actual value of it?

In my Barclaycard and Egg card they both say something along the lines of we will tell you your credit limit when you recieve your card/ we will tell you from time to time the approved limit we have set.

Does it have to give an exact value e.g, £500, £1500 or is it ok to put what they have put?

Can anyone help?

Having read over them again there are a few things I would like to query.

HFC

1) My HFC agreement is very unclear, it is a very bad copy.

2) At the bottom of the page it says page 1 of 3 but I have only been given 1 page, should I not have been given all 3 pages?

3) It also says that the T&Cs are continued overleaf so again, shouldn't I have been given the following pages to get all the T&Cs?

Barclaycard

1)In the letter they have written me it says a copy of my "application credit agreement" had been provided. So it is an application they have sent me. There are also parts in what they have sent which confirms that is an application.

2) It has not been signed or dated by anyone from Barclaycard.

Egg Card

1) Again, this is an application credit agreement. Is an application acceptable?

2) There don't seem to be any T&Cs with it. It tells me info on interest and repayments but there are no other T&Cs with it.

Barclaycard and Egg Card

I found this in the consumer Credit Act 1974, it related to the credit limit:

In relation to running-account credit, " credit limit" means, as respects any period,

the maximum debit balance which, under the credit agreement, is allowed to stand on

the account during that period, disregarding any term of the agreement allowing that

maximum to be exceeded merely temporarily.

Now that to me suggests that it should be expressed as an actual value eg £500, £2000 etc.

Because both of mine are application credit agreements they do not give an actual credit limit.

Egg say- We will tell you from time to time the approved limit we have set.

Barclaycard say- Your credit limit is the maximum amount available on your account. You will be advised of your credit limit when you first receive your Barclaycard. Your credit limit will also be clearly shown on your statement each month together with your available remaining credit. Occassionally, we may change your credit limit depending on our assessment of your account.

Is this acceptable? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Hi Heather,

With regards to the HFC agreement, a true copy MUSt be legible

this comes from Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents)Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1557) which states

2 Legibility of notices and copy documents and wording of prescribed Forms

(1) The lettering in every notice in a Form prescribed by these Regulations and in every copy of an executed

agreement, security instrument or other document referred to in the Act and delivered or sent to a debtor, hirer or surety

under any provision of the Act shall, apart from any signature, be easily legible and of a colour which is readily

distinguishable from the .

(2) The wording of any Form prescribed by these Regulations shall be reproduced in copies of unexecuted or executed

agreements or in Notices of Cancellation Rights sent [by an appropriate method] under section 64(1)(b) or (2) of the Act

without any alteration or addition, except that--

(a) the creditor or owner may enter the name and address of the debtor or hirer in any Cancellation Form prescribed

by these Regulations; and

(b) every Form shall be completed in accordance with any footnote.

if it is not clearly legible you have cause for complaint and to ask that they send you a clearly legible copy in compliance with the above regulations

Regards

paul

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for responding to my request for a copy of the executed agreement relating to acc no xxxxxxxxx

However, i must pointout that the copy you have supplied me is totally illegible and therefore not in compliance with Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents)Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1557)

for the avoidance of any doubt, the regulations state.

Legibility of notices and copy documents and wording of prescribed Forms

(1) The lettering in every notice in a Form prescribed by these Regulations and in every copy of an executed

agreement, security instrument or other document referred to in the Act and delivered or sent to a debtor, hirer or surety

under any provision of the Act shall, apart from any signature, be easily legible and of a colour which is readily

distinguishable from the .

(2) The wording of any Form prescribed by these Regulations shall be reproduced in copies of unexecuted or executed

agreements or in Notices of Cancellation Rights sent [by an appropriate method] under section 64(1)(b) or (2) of the Act

without any alteration or addition, except that--

(a) the creditor or owner may enter the name and address of the debtor or hirer in any Cancellation Form prescribed

by these Regulations; and

(b) every Form shall be completed in accordance with any footnote

therefore i require that you supply me a true copy of the agreement in a clearly legible form to discharge your obligations under s77 Consumer Credit Act 1974.if you do not send me the requested documentation i shall make a foraml complaint to Treading Standards

i await your reply

try something liek that, it should sort em out

Regards

paul

Hi Heather

to be honest, i suggest that you let peterbard look over them

hes the oracle on these sorts of things

i did notice that one agreement, the barclay card one is improperly executed but i really do think we should speak to peter

Regards

paul

Heather, I'm having a nightmare with good old Barclaycard, they just ignore everything I send! They insist they have complied but have sent me 3 different lots of T&C's all from different time periods and none which seem to be around the time I opened my account with them! Yours looks like an application form which is exactly the same as mine. Good luck :)

Hi heather,

they do look broadly enforcable except the HFC one which i commented on earlier

the Barclays one is not properly executed but htat would not stop a court enforcing the agreement as it is signed by the debtor and does appear to contain the prescribed terms

the Egg agreement appears to be enforcable also.

the Application would come under s59(1) CCA 1974 however, if the document contains all the prescribed terms and is signed by the debtor, application or not the court can enforce it

I would hold on for peter to take a look

Regards

paul

Hi heather,

they do look broadly enforcable except the HFC one which i commented on earlier

the Barclays one is not properly executed but htat would not stop a court enforcing the agreement as it is signed by the debtor and does appear to contain the prescribed terms

the Egg agreement appears to be enforcable also.

the Application would come under s59(1) CCA 1974 however, if the document contains all the prescribed terms and is signed by the debtor, application or not the court can enforce it

I would hold on for peter to take a look

Regards

paul

sorry paul, dont agree with that.

If they havent executed it, then it is not a valid signed, executed copy of the CCA which then means it doesnt comply with the act, and people have had this written off and even won in court over something which seems trivial but actually isnt.

Ok, so Heathers signature is on it, but theirs isnt,

No Executed = No complied with the CCA request for a signed executed agreement.

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

Enforcement orders in cases of infringement.

— (1) In the case of an application for an enforcement order under—

(a)

section 65(1)(improperly executed agreements), or

(b)

section 105(7)(a) or (b)(improperly executed security instruments), or

©

section 111(2)(failure to serve copy of notice on surety), or

(d)

section 124(1) or (2)(taking of negotiable instrument in contravention of section 123),

the court shall dismiss the application if, but (subject to subsections (3) and (4)) only if, it considers it just to do so having regard to—

(i) prejudice caused to any person by the contravention in question, and the degree of culpability for it; and

(ii) the powers conferred on the court by subsection (2) and sections 135 and 136.

(2) If it appears to the court just to do so, it may in an enforcement order reduce or discharge any sum payable by the debtor or hirer, or any surety, so as to compensate him for prejudice suffered as a result of the contravention in question.

(3) The court shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) if section 61(1)(a)(signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document (whether or not in the prescribed form and complying with regulations under section 60(1)) itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or hirer (whether or not in the prescribed manner).

(4) The court shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) in the case of a cancellable agreement if—

(a)

a provision of section 62 or 63 was not complied with, and the creditor or owner did not give a copy of the executed agreement, and of any other document referred to in it, to the debtor or hirer before the commencement of the proceedings in which the order is sought, or

(b)

section 64(1) was not complied with.

(5) Where an enforcement order is made in a case to which subsection (3) applies, the order may direct that the regulated agreement is to have effect as if it did not include a term omitted from the document signed by the debtor or hirer.

Hi Kennyparkroad

it is truely risky to take this to court on the arguement that the lender has not executed the agreement as the court has the power to issue an enforcement order

heather has signed the document and it appears to contain the prescribed terms so under 127(3) the court could see it just to enforce the agreement

Regards

paul