Sparkler V Barclays

sparkler
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

i'm filling in the money claim form on line and i have come to the particulars of claim page. Its asking "does or will your claim include any issues under the human rights act 1998"

I have no idea what this is or if it is relevant to my claim - im guessing the answer would be no?

sorry for being completely thick if the answer is really obvious!

Jane

:rolleyes:

Tick no mate.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

chell1981,

You need to start your own thread so that all your story is in one place, and not interfering with someone elses thread. It makes it a lot easier for us all to follow your situation, and to advise and help you if we can.

Are you following the step-by-step? If so, how far have you got?

Overdraft Protection and Account Fees (presumably for an "Additions" account) are for optional services and are therefore not recoverable. If you didn't agree to them you have cause for a seperate complaint. The 8% statutory interest (details here) is only added when you file your court claim.

Victimnomore

By day, quiet unassuming bank customer - but, by night, .. .. .. .. ..

Barclays Case1

14/03/07 **WON** FULL settlement £3358.39

Barclays Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £187.91 back.

Halifax Case1

14/03/07 **WON** Refunded £728 (including £54 costs)

Halifax Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £268.24 back.

No. The account fees are a legitimate charge unless, that is, you didn't agree to them in the first place. It relates to things such as Travel Insurance and the like.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

I didn't understand what the question was about for a second. Having gone to the spreadsheet, now I do.

I assume that because you are posting on the Barclays section, you are with that bank. The things to look for in your statements are "Paid Referral" and "Unpaid out".

The wording in the spreadsheet when you first open it is an example only. You edit the words in the first column with Paid Referral or Unpaid out. When you get to the end of your highlighted list, edit anything below except the totals then you have your figure.

If this posting has helped you please click on my scales, top right.

Good Luck

• Confused 1

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

I too have just gone through my statements and this week again they have charged me £35 for going £6 over my agreed limit.

Will keep you informed of my barclays quest

PS I got a copy of my statements and the £10 cheque returned!

Yes, you can claim back the interest they charged you in respect of the penalty charges whilst you were overdrawn even if it was an authorised overdraft

Preliminary Letter sent to Woolwich 05/06

LBA sent 19/06

Court claim filed 04/07 : Total £824.75

Acknowledgement of Service 27/07

Defence received 08/08

AQ filed 11/08

Barclays AQ filed 05/09

Hearing date 20/12

SETTLED IN FULL £840.49: 14/12/06

You cannot claim back the interest on the overdraft if youre within the agreed limits. Thats just the way it is

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|

Morning All,

I am also at the highlighting stage (orange), this is probably a daft question but can someone just confirm that "Paid Referral Fee" (at £25.00) is what i'm actually highlighting? and what Barclays address am i posting to?

Many Thanks.

I know it's a million dollar question but i have filled in my moneyclaim form and barclays bas***ds have 14 days to respond i believe. I presume i will then get a court date is that right?, but my question is this...how long do people usually have to wait for the court date?...is there a set time limit or am i looking at Jan/Feb?...or later?...just a rough idea would be fab as i have no idea at the moment

Thanks everyone, Jane;)

Hi.....The 'Paid Referral Fee ' has they have craftily named it IS actually a CHARGE! and yes these are the charges you should be highlighting. Also the address you need is: Barclays Bank Plc, Retail Banking Customer Relations, LEICESTER. LE87 2BB. This is the address I sent my demand for payment and I recieved a reply within 2 weeks. Jendoc

Hi.....Once the money claim application has been sent in, the other side have 14 days to acknowlege reciept and forward a defence.....Then if they do intend to defend the claim a copy of thier defence will be forwarded to you together with an 'Allocation Questionair' which has to be filled in and returned within 14 days together with another fee of £100 if the claim is over £1500. Once this has been sent to the Court the court will then allocate a date for your hearing, obviously the date will depend on how busy your selected court is at the moment. Sometimes weeks sometimes months!

Hope this clarifies things a bit better for you?

JENDOC

The £100 is part of the costs you are claimingf from the bank. So yes, you should get this back

"Well, as through this world I've rambled

I've seen lots of funny men.

Some will rob you with a six-gun

And some with a fountain pen."

Pretty Boy Floyd, Woody Guthrie 1940

"Some things never change", Vince 2006

All advice given is based on my reading of others' experiences on this site. I am not a lawyer, nor am I a beagle, a grapefruit or a trampoline. I will not be filed, sorted, classified or parboiled. I am not a number, I am not an animal, I am the walrus (goob goob a joob)

Learn to read! ;)

chell1981,

You need to start your own thread so that all your story is in one place, and not interfering with someone elses thread. It makes it a lot easier for us all to follow your situation, and to advise and help you if we can.

Are you following the step-by-step? If so, how far have you got?

Overdraft Protection and Account Fees (presumably for an "Additions" account) are for optional services and are therefore not recoverable. If you didn't agree to them you have cause for a seperate complaint. The 8% statutory interest (details here) is only added when you file your court claim.

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|

Hi Everyone,

I've just arrived at this site. I was actually looking for something else but I've been stung by these bank charges and it would give me great pleasure to get my own back in some way.

My bank is the Halifax. Could anyone who is dealing with the Halifax let me know how I can join the right user group; or any user group, as I'm finding the site a bit difficult to navigate?

Paid referral fee is certainly one of the charges you can claim for, but there may well be others. Look for any charge of between £25 and £35 that has not been authorised by you.

Send it to

Freepost RLTA-CSUE-TCHC

Barclays Bank PLC

Head office Customer Relations

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

Preliminary Letter sent to Woolwich 05/06

LBA sent 19/06

Court claim filed 04/07 : Total £824.75

Acknowledgement of Service 27/07

Defence received 08/08

AQ filed 11/08

Barclays AQ filed 05/09

Hearing date 20/12

SETTLED IN FULL £840.49: 14/12/06

Hi

Am also just at highlighting stage. Woolwich have done something really strange and I was wondering if anyone has had the same response? They have only sent us a photocopied set of sheets with all our charges on and not a complete set of statements. Is it possible for mr to carry on with just this or do I need the statements? Additionally what is the charges document I need to send with this letter will just a copy of all charges cover this?

Thanks for your support