hp agreement problem**WON**

pebs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am amazed they still get muppets to fill out these agreements. they cant enforce agreement,not executed properly, check my thread as well wilson case.

this will take a lot of correspondents. use your timetable. get your cca and sar then get back 2 me. let battle commence. been there done that

I have just checked my insurance policy and I insured the car on the day I picked it up the 4th of the month, and the person signing the agreement has dated the 5th so I have drove the car away on the day before they signed the agreement!

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to previous owners of car (leasing company) and they have emailed me the cars history and guess what....car had more mileage 5 months before I bought it!

Not sure what this means in terms of getting out of this hp agreement but I have rang trading standards today and they think I may have a good case under the sale of goods act. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I am in dispute with car finance company over faulty car, car been clocked.

I sent a SAR and just got a load of photocopys of things like my id I used when took out finance, papers relating to the garage and broker and CCA.

I was under the impression I should have got a list of payments I have made, any charges on the account, lists of telephone calls etc

Can any one advise please?

well yes you should, they should be sending you ANYTHING that they have pertaining to yourself, what SAR did you send?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I would write back to them and say that you feel that they havnt disclosed everything, but apart from the payment schedule, what else were you expecting? not a document stating that they had clocked the car :D What grounds do you have for beleiving this?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Because when I got the car from the garage I got a mot that states the mileage. The car has been constantly breaking down so on advice from someone on this forum I was advised to contact the previous owner which I did, they emailed me the cars service history and bingo!

The car had a lot more miles on at its service 5 months before I got it.

I was hoping for my account details so I can see what they have been charging and also for a record of phone calls to prove how many times I have been on the phone complaining about a car that I cant use

ahhhhhh right, but I would think that with the evidence you already have you could go to trading standards

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

I want to write a letter back to the finance company though as I think they should provide me with some more information, especially account info.

Any ideas on what I could write please?

well yes you should, they should be sending you ANYTHING that they have pertaining to yourself, what S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) did you send?

Not quite. It is a myth that you are allowed a copy of anything.

The DPA only allows you access to anything held in a relevant filing system

Not everything about you will be held in such a system. The ICO website can help to define what is meant by a relevant filing system.

• 3 months later...

Ok havent updated on this for a while as know Welcome look in but today I have received the report from independant engineer who looked at the car.

In his opinion the car has a mileage discrepancy as there are signs of tampering on the speedometer although I already knew that as I obtained report from national mileage register.

He took car for test drive for 3 days and found all faults that I experience and so car went into dealer for diagnosis and they agreed that faults have been there since purchase.

To top it off Welcome are 3 months overdue with my CCA and SAR! :D