THAT game tonight!?!?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

South Africa 36 - England 0 !!!!!

Well blow me down if that wasn't one of the the most humiliating, and frankly AWFUL, games of Rugby in a while.

They were complete s * * t - on the odd occasion they actually had the ball, they either knocked on, or threw it straight to the opposition. My son plays in the U-11's, and well, his Sunday morning games will leave the England team standing, and wondering.............

I am so glad I am Irish 36_15_27.gif

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was actually England's best player on the night. At least he was trying to be positive. The frightening thing from an England viewpoint is the South Africa didn't play that well. They made a lot of unforced errors.

I wouldnt know .. i was watching a proer rugby game ...... league

Err yeah...that's why it's so popular.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I think it was just one of those nights for England. SA may better, but they're not that much better. As rory says, SA didn't actually play all that well, so I think it's just one of those rogue results. I wouldn't be surprised if England's next opponents get hammered into the ground...

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

I agree Robertxc, according to the form book it ought to be a crushing defeat, but going by the performance against USA, I am not so sure. If they can't pull off a convincing defeat against the "lower" teams, they stand no chance against Australia.

No, South Africa didn't play a stunning game by any means, but they were more fluid and adaptable across the field, and their defence was pretty strong. England were lethargic, disjointed and lacked imagination. Their only shining star was Robinson, but he just didn't get the support he needed, and I was very upset when he pulled up injured. That's not the way anyone wanted him to retire from International games.

I sincerely hope they can salvage the situation, but I don't know if they have the time, inspiration and/or cohesive players to do so. It could well be a case of "from Heros to Zeros" I am afraid.

I hope I am proved wrong.

Best regards

Jo xx

p.s. Before anyone starts (!) Ireland were dismal against Namibia too!!

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Yes you are right there - and Australia v Wales - tough, tough game, but Wales really tried, and never gave up. A sterling performance, and that HAS to worry England, because if they get through to the Quarters, they will face either one, most probably Australia.

And it was a very physical game - 2 Aussies sin binned in the second half, with an overlap so there were only 13 men on the field, yet they carried on with the same drive and determination. And they lost their captain too, to an injury, but not their focus.

England will be without Vickery for definate, and possibly also Wilko, Barkley, Noon and Robinson, against a very physically strong Samoa side. How on earth are they going to regroup? It has been announced that Toby Flood is the favourite to fly out to replace Noon, with replacements for the others also being touted. All good players in their own right, but will they be able to "gel" as a team at such short notice?

167646;0.8734651509428315?

I think this quote sums it up:

"Wilkinson (ankle sprain) and Barkley (hip) both hope to be in contention to face Samoa, and England desperately need them fit after the Mike Catt-Andy Farrell midfield combination failed dismally on Friday."

I am going to shut up now, because I am worried that the game tonight may be the subject of much ridicule tomorrow!:oops:;)

Best regards

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Well there you go - we were complete sh * t too!

What is going on??? Have the Home Nations become too complacent, or is there a major conspiracy - Boks, Pumas and Blacks secretly coaching, and playing, for Georgia, Nmaibia, Portugal, Samoa et al ?????

I am at the point where I give up on rugby - but what is left for me? I was a fervent football supporter, but incidents at matches put me off, I hate cricket, and f1, well, as a maclaren stalwart for many years, disappointed and disillusioned just doesn't cover it. Although I am 100% behind RD - he is not a liar, and nor is LH. FA - anyones guess.

I hink I should take up crochet - much less controversial!!!! And easier to spell :rolleyes:

A very unhappy Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

perhaps we should swap some of the rugby players with footy stars. we do apparently have some that drop kick the ball when in the penalty area instead of putting the thing between the two upright white things with the net attached.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow - two cracking games today! Wales v Fiji - what a stunner! One of the best World Cup games I have seen in a long long time. All i can say is both teams put in a sterling performance, and although Fiji, IMO, deserved to win, Wales didn't deserve to lose (if that makes sense!)

And the Italians - from minnows to sharks in a relatively short space of time. Scotland, again IMO, were lucky to win, but it was still a great game.

And yes, England won last night I know - but it wasn't a convincing performance.

The Final is still shaping up to be an All Black whitewash (err blackwash??!) but at least there has been some entertainment and bloody good rugby along the way.

Ireland v Argentina tomorrow - hoping there will be a few flashes of brilliance, but I am not banking on us winning; it would be marvellous, but I just don't think we can pull it off. Fingers crossed for a good game anyway!

Oooh and I have to go now - alarm set for 4:15am to watch the Japanese Grand Prix. Hamilton on pole. Maybe one of my teams will win tomorrow!!

Jo xx

ps for those of you that know and/or care ;) my finger still hurts like *&^% and is going a yukky shade of green. Nice!!:D

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

I hope you're taking that finger injury seriously Jo, it sounds to me like a nasty infection in there, soak it in water as warm as you can take it, with Teatree oil in it, and then, when you've got it cleaned it, Teatree oil on a dressing, and wrap it up.

Oh, pink - there's loads - I hope!

Scotland through to the quarter finals. Not a great game, I agree. But, thanks to Chris Paterson we go through yet again. Not going to be betting on our next match being a win though ...

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

.......lol

Oh, pink :)

MEN in shorts!!!

What's not to like.

:D

(shame they're no in kilts, but :shock:)

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

LOL Castle

How do I answer that one?