Police move on campaigners for “criminal acts against DWP"

osdset
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is unbelievable; despite all the actions against the police by this government (pensions, cuts, calling them plebs), they are still prepared to do their dirty work. I though we had seen the end of a Conservative Government using the Police to force policies on us plebeians when Thatcher went. Seems i was wrong.

Every time I turn on the TV or see the news there is more despicable things from this regime.

Public Order and Political Protest

"Organisations such as companies, Government departments or religious institutions may also be subjected to harassment, in furtherance of a political or other aim. In some cases, this activity will include the harassment of individuals who work for, or who are otherwise associated with, the organisation.

When considering such cases, it is important to balance the right to legitimate protest, with the rights of any individual to be free from harassment. Section 1(1A) of the PHA would potentially cover a campaign against a particular organisation, which involved actions relating to different members on different occasions."

Police Information Notices to Suspects about potential offences under the PHA

There is no concept of official 'warnings' under the PHA. However, there are some circumstances in which it can be useful to inform a suspect verbally and/or in writing that their alleged actions may constitute an offence under the Act. Examples of such circumstances include the following:

• the suspect may be genuinely unaware of the provisions of the PHA and that their actions may constitute a criminal offence, or they may try to use such ignorance as an excuse for their activity;

Source: http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/stalking_and_harassment/

Perhaps because the mainstream newspapers have decided not to report it? It's origin came from the FB page of the protester.

That makes sense now so probably is incorrect as some stuff on FB is nonsense and dreamt up by weirdos. :roll:

Many important things to do with this government has gone unreported by main stream press I'm afraid. The BBC is now just seen as being under the thumb of the Tories, and the most mainstream press seem only too keen to believe any DWP press handout sent to them by the PTB, so saying you've not seen anything about it doesn't mean a whole lot these days sadly.

• Confused 1

I think I would take that article with a pinch of salt. Why isn't the article in any of the mainstream newspapers?

Exactly what i was thinking.......

Many important things to do with this government has gone unreported by main stream press I'm afraid. The BBC is now just seen as being under the thumb of the Tories, and the most mainstream press seem only too keen to believe any DWP press handout sent to them by the PTB, so saying you've not seen anything about it doesn't mean a whole lot these days sadly.

Most of the Tory party think BBC is under the control of the Left................

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

An update on this story, what happened on the night in the victims own words. http://tompride.wordpress.com/2012/10/31/police-question-disability-activist-about-criminal-posts-on-facebook-update/

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

The dwp is an organ of the state... it has no legal identity as such. I will dig up the relevant court case which basically says it has to accept criticism as it would be right and proper in a democracy.

I think this is the case.. its about libel, but clearly says about freedom of speech in criticising government.

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKHL/1992/6.html

Also as a side note , when dwp is challanged at tribunals its not dwp but a secretary of state that is quoted as a respondent. Just checked its Secretary of State for Work and Pensions thats shown as a respondent.

Edited by Zonker
adding the case