Bankruptcy Proceedings

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1st credit/connaught are going to start bankruptcy proceedings against me unless I pay the full amount outstanding (£9500 halifax credit card) my application to have the statutory demand set aside was refused as the judge had care or understanding of the Consumer Credit Act.

I have now offered a weekly payment to 1st credit and have made 2 payments, they have refused this due to the length of time it would take to repay the debt (they had accepted less before)

Is their anything else I can do?

Thank You

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you got their refusal to accept your offer of payment in writing? And did you make your offer in writing?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Did you back up your offer with an I&E at all...

They might threaten it but do they have a reason to go through with it? do you own property and have equity available to repay this debt?

S.

Hi,

Have a look here for some of the strategies.

I wonder if a time order may be the way to go here? This would allow the courts to reschedule the debt and providing you kept to repayments they couldn't proceed with the petition. Time is short though, you need to act quickly whatever you do.

On what basis did you apply for the set aside?

Elsa x

Have you sent a Subject Access Request to Halifax yet to get all the data so you can calculated the PPI? If not you need to do this ASAP. Link to SAR template in my blog linked below.

Did you receive a default notice? If so could you possibly scan and post it up after removing personal details?

Are they still in default of your CCA Request?

Did you receive a Notice of Assignment when the debt was sold?

You need to dig out all the possible modes of defence.

SAR sent to Halifax, have copies of statements, no default notice, no notice of assignment provided by Halifax but connaught have produced one which I think does not originally come from Halifax.

Still no credit agreement from connaught but judge at the set aside hearing claimed the copy of application form is good enough

Sorry Halifax may have sent a notice of assignment orginally, I can not remember.

Halifax did not send one when I sent the SAR.

I have 2 notices of assignment one which Connaught produced with the correct date which matches statements and one which turned up in the post dated two years later

I suppose that just about meets the requirements of a notice of assignment.

I would certainly agree that a time order should be considered as remedy.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

The second notice of assignment I have is dated 05/11/2010 a long time after the first one.

I read somwhere that HBOS had stopped selling to 1st credit in April 2009.

Why would the halifax send another later dated notice of assignment.

How would I apply for a time order, I am seeing somebody in my local law centre tommorw.

That's a good move, the person you see should be able to advise on the procedure for applying

for a time order.

As to the NOA who knows could be just a clerical foul up,or just reinforcing the fact of the assignment.

Edited by BRIGADIER2JCS

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please be aware that it is very unlikley you would be made to sell your house even if equity is held. Its not as bad as it used to be years ago!

Could you elaborate on this please.

I've always understood that if the BR goes ahead and there is equity, then the OR will almost certainly expect the property to be sold.

It does I believe vary on the amount of equity, and the other circumstance s of the order, including the

costs of the sale ttc.

I see.

So lets say a property has 20k equity, but is jointly owned.

10k of that would belong to the other person.

Cost of sale is lets say £3k, leaving £7k

I would assume the house would be sold?

But, if the above equity was less and the final amount available was let's say only £1k, then a sale may not be likely, but would be continually reviewed throughout the 3 year period of the IPO??

I would presume so, but with the property market stagnant,but with costs still

rising and the fees for bankruptcy petitions rising by 16.5% + as of now careful consideration

I think will influence creditor decisions.

The insolvency service is strapped for funds and redundancies are happening due to cost

cutting so fees are likely to rise further.