OPC -Wolverhampton

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone new when the case regarding Wolverhampton trading standards and OPC is taking place. Have read somewhere that it was postponed til Feb but unsure of the date.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are the details:

I can now reveal I have helped WTS for the past two years getting the evidence and photographs to take this case to court after receiving a ticket from OPC.

Douglas Harris pleaded guilty to 13 charges and OPC pleaded guilty to 23. Also pleaded guilty to displaying 15 misleading signs and using Windsor Smythe without revealing it was part of OPC. Incredibly he still says he has done nothing wrong!!!

Please go to pepipoo to see more details as I cannot post links.

• Haha 1

The BPA has received full details of this case from Wolverhampton TS, and are to carry out an investigation into the matter. I wonder of they will expel them ?

Please let Wolverhampton Trading Standards know about this. Others here may have a more legal reply, but I would have thought that OPC would not dare take you to court in Wolverhampton after pleading guilty to all charges. How could they?

I spoke to Trading Standards today about my parking charge and the fact that OPC lost their appeal. The reply from TD appeared to give some credence to their warning signs and conditions in my particular case. I was expecting advise similar to that given on these threads, but I suppose they have to be careful when giving advise to individual cases.

Yes sorry should of said W-ton Trading Standards. They more or less said I was treading on dodgy ground as it was mainly drivers who had returned to the car park later in the day and had been booked for staying over 2hrs. So I'm not sure if I want all the hassle I have to make a decision - pay or not to pay that is the question ! Proffessional advise would probably cost even more than the parking charge. The government should bring out new legislation to tackle these cowboys.

I don't understand why you're considering paying this against the advice of the forum, but it's your choice of course.

Guys, does someone know where that video clip of the lawyer on Watchdog is please? I think it might help Writestuff and their OH.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum