A curious quickie

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I've just received a missive from Credit Solutions Ltd, CR8 2PG following engagement with said enemy, which includes the line:

"Please be advised that our current Consumer Credit License number is 2520932"

The letter head states their Company Number is 2520932.

I am beginning to doubt my sanity, but seriously to whom do I report these clowns.

x

v

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect that this is just example of slack administration and poor business practice that is in line with this company's inability to comply fully with OFT guidance and so on. We should probably pity them - they are so clearly out of their depth.

Their CCL number is actually 0300314. It expired in October last year, but there is a current application for renewal. The delay may be due to the OFT's inefficiency; on the other hand, as is to be hoped, they may be investigating whether these wretches are fit to hold a licence.

Thanks again sillygirl

Just had a very interesting conversation with OFT; they weren't much interested in misrepresented CCL number because bandits have current (pending) licence, which I knew, but were interested in fake HMRC web-site address.

Am scanning and emailing all details to OFT.

So, over and out... to Credit Solutions Ltd.

Lots of love

vic

Edited by victoria_siempre
typos

Just a thought, but if a company has their renewal of their CCL pending then theoretically, they may not be legally allowed to attempt collection activities on an account. Worth looking at and stating that no monies will be forwarded until written proof of legal entitlement to collect is received...

Yes that was a hot topic a few months ago, something which should be chased up really, as if I didn't have an up to date TV licence I would be harassed non stop!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi vic

Don't know if you or anyone else has clicked on that link

I'm at work and running through a protected network system so plenty of antivirus/spyware etc so I opened it and it goes to another window that say's . . .

Pay Online

Unfortunately we are not able to process your payment on line at present. You can make payments through our automated service by contacting Credit solutions payment Hotline on 0800 542 0124. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

As they've really bogged up this time I've kept screen shots just in case :wink:

Regards

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

There is an item on Credit Today about the HRMC tendering - might be worth a read

http://www.credittoday.co.uk/news/news-item.cfm?news=2133

Sounds like this lot might be anticipating taking part in the feeding frenzy which will ensue......

Maybe they have bogged up after all . . bugga

But unless they've actually been approved it must still be wrong to use HMRC

Thanks for the link sg1

R

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Hi guys

Halibutt: their current licence is valid though pending though they don't seem confident enough to quote it; perhaps they know something that we should.

Revenenet: I get:

"

hmrc.paythisaccount.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for www.hmrc.paythisaccount.com.

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

"

and if you call 0800 542 0124

which I have done 192 times the response is curious as well. They do have other numbers but they don't like answering those.

You may detect that I am not fond of this company.

x

v

security

"You may detect that I am not fond of this company"

Really vic . . you hide it well :wink:

I got the Certificate warning too but went on and asked to open the link and that message appeared

I've just emailed HMRC's "phishing" section given them an outline of what's been found, below is part of the email . .

" It seems Credit Solutions have tendered to work for the HMRC but surely it must be wrong for them to use your "Name" in any communication until approved OR in matters that do not have anything to do with HMRC e.g. Consumer Debt Collection

I'm concerned about this situation as there's enough problem's with hard handed and some what misleading tactics used often used by Debt Collection Agencies as someone not knowing any better would see HMRS and panic, this in turn could lead them to paying money for a Debt that's not even theirs "

Lets see what, if anything HMRC come back with

R

Well, what a coincidence R!

That wouldn't have been to [email protected] by any chance?

Mine was slightly differently phrased:

"I have received correspondence and telephone calls from the above company demanding money.

They have refused to provide a valid Consumer Credit Licence number (they cite 2520932) but do solicit payment via the above URL.

I am concerned that are misrepresenting themselves as agents of HMRC and seek your advice as to whether this misrepresentation is of interest to you.

cc xxx.MP etc"

As you so so rightly say, we'll see what this throws up.:-)

x

v

Ha Ha snap

Mine had to be more general as I didn't actually receive the communication

Maybe just maybe this could put a bit of doubt into whether or not they're up to getting approved but being realistic :flypig:first

Time will tell eh vic

R

Hi guys

A brief update:

The last missive from CSL, about which I have complained to OFT and HMRC as above, was dated 25 Jan.

Today I receive a notification of doorstepping from power2contact (part of same group) again with no CC licence on letter dated 24 Jan; usual guff.

Oh what a tangled web they weave; my main complaint is building up nicely.

x

v

Power2Contact are the in-house team for utility companies, and if you go back to the original creditor they can cut this lot out... they have NO POWER WHATSOEVER to come and visit, they then get local people to stick shirty notes through your door to contact them 'or else'.

Their shirty card was shoved through my door one Monday, when I received their letter on the Saturday, so no time whatsoever to contact before - very very suspect.

I did enjoy winding up their collector on the phone, I wouldn't recommend phoning but in this case I told her I had already spoken to the original company and she was onto a looser.

Hi sillygirl

You're correct that they have a new block contract to utility collect but they are part of the same mob.

Registered Addresses:

Credit Solutions Ltd, Capella Court, Brighton Road, Purley, Surrey, CR8 2PG

Registered in England & Wales:02520932

Power 2 Contact Ltd., Capella Court, Brighton Road, Purley, Surrey, CR8 2PG

Registered in England & Wales:04791083

The Crucible Debt Purchase Company Ltd., Capella Court, Brighton Road, Purley, Surrey, CR8 2PG

Registered in England & Wales:05316613

Cougar Financial Services is a trading name of Credit Solutions Ltd.

Contact Us FoA: Select Credit Solutions Holdings Ltd Credit Solutions Ltd power2contact The Crucible Debt Purchase Company Name: Company: Address1: Address2: Town/City: County: Country: Postcode: Telephone: Mobile: Email: Question:

http://www2.crw.gov.uk/pr/Default.aspx#

xx

v

lnik

Just got this back from HMRC . .

Thank you for contacting HM Revenue & Customs.

The email address you have emailed is only for reporting suspected

online fraud and cannot deal with this enquiry.

For more information please look at our website http://www.hmrc.gov.uk

however if you cannot find the relevant information and need to speak

with us please select the 'Contact us' option on the home page.

Oh well they obviously seem to care, back to their web site

R