Backdoor Aktiv Kapital/Hagerty CCJ - merged old Barclays OD+Credit Card debt - How Do I set aside? ** WON WITH COSTS **+ campaign to shut them down

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is no doubt the CRAs alert the DCAs when someone joins up but I only had one DCA write to me in the aftermath and they were easily got rid of. I am a member of all 3 CRAs and they rue the day because I have constantly given them hell ever since!:D I have had 4 defaults and a search removed and I am not finished with them yet!:lol:

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just checked my credit report and cant see any defaults!

I defaulted on a credit card in 2002/2003 and I cant find any sign of my bad behaviour on creditexpert.com.

In fact according to the report my credit report is PERFECT despite constant searches by DCA who wont leave me alone!

What am I missing ?

This is great! so does this mean I am now clear of my defaults?

another question, can you default on a default ? e.g. I was paying activ Kapital until 2 years ago, until they ried to screw me over (they added £2k of charges for no reason) and i told them Im not paying penny more, take me to court.

so can they default me, for defaulting on my "arrangement" with them?

Ok Im still trying to get my head around this,I purchased my credit score today and was rated at 997, which I gather is respectable.

My credit report, shows that of £8k available credit, im not using a penny of it, my payment history for various things show no late or missed payments.

I have no defaults, CCJ or any kind of black marks.

The only negative thing I need to rectify, is that I'm not on the electoral roll.

However I do have 98 linked addreses (the vast majority are duplicates), however could my defaults be lurking at these addresses ?

Some of the links have been created by DCA's, will these effect my rating ?

theres nothing negative said about any of the links, just the name of the company who made them. but having a read about the forum here and elsewhere, theres seems to be a lot of concern about linked addreses.

so is it the case the my credit record is not clean at all ? and that on further inspection of my linked addreses people are going to find out about my adverse credit history ?

However I do have 98 linked addreses (the vast majority are duplicates), however could my defaults be lurking at these addresses ?
No, your credit report is on you as a person not an address. There are no other reports for the other addresses.

Congratulations:D

Thanks, but Ive just remembered I've got another outstanding debt that I have defaulted on but not been reported for. I didnt think it was a problem as it was not covered by the usual in & outs of debt defaulting and CRA's due it being a student loan. But from reading this site yesterday, its looks like they changed things last year and this might come back to haunt me!

As this is a separate topic and may prove useful to someone else, Im going to start a new thread.

So why are there people on this site fighting tooth and nail with CRA's yo get linked addresses moved if they mean sweet FA to your credit report ?
If Mr Smith had a bad credit file while he lived at address 1 and then he moved to address 2 unless they could link the two addresses as far as they are concerned there are 2 Mr Smiths.

If Mr Smith had a bad credit file while he lived at address 1 and then he moved to address 2 unless they could link the two addresses as far as they are concerned there are 2 Mr Smiths.

but this is my problem, I do/did have bad credit file at all of my linked addresses.

or what your saying is, is if at those linked addresses, if a bad credit file still existed, then that would show on my particulars on my credit report ?

• 3 months later...

Update: Have signd up for a CRA and my file perfectly clear, my rating 998 out 100 and I'm not even on the electoral register! Oh and there were no defaults there, although they were in the past (a woman in the bank showed me)

so first question is, now the deafult has expired does that mean it can NEVER EVER be reapplied to my credit record ?

regarding my debt, Aktiv are now trying to chase the debt through BCW, we've gone through the usual threatograms which always purport that I'm one step away from court action and this is my last chance but it never happens.

the latest is that I'm going to get a visit from a "Debt Investigation Officer", I'm not too particularly worried, but am wondering how best to handle it if they ever do show up? My tactic is to have AKTIV/BCW on permament ignore, i.e. all phonecalls and letters ignored. So I know that AKTIV/BCW are still going through the stage of trying to confirm who I am and I would like to maintain the status quo as long as possible.

Also I havn't CCA'd them, basically because I want to hold this off as long as possible as I dont want to end up playing letter tennis with them. Life is so much easier when you can read the letters and safely ignore them! However I am worried I may leave it too long and not be able to issue it. e.g. say they caught me unawares and issue a court order, would it be too late to CCA them at that point ?

1. The default can NEVER appear again on your credit file.

2. If you don't want to admit who you are - keep ignoring everything. If someone arrives at your door refuse to tell them anything other than to go. If they don't (but they will) then ring the police - as it's then Breach of the Peace.

3. Otherwise you can write PROHIBITING them from calling on you - see templates re dooretep visits. You could possibly couple this up inthe same letter along lines of a PROVE IT letter - "I do not acknowledge this debt..." etc. BUT best to ignore as long as possible. If you know from the return address whom the envelope is from then just return it unopened marked "not at this address - return to sender"

4. Even if they DID issue court papers they would HAVE to give you ALL the info they had on you as part of the CPR requirements. - and if no valid CCA - then no possible chance of enforcement. I don't believe it will ever get to this stage.

I am currently "waiting out" to get to the SB stage on a Thames Credit/AK debt they foolishly bought from Egg a few months ago.

There are lots of other threads on how stupid AK are that should give you more encouragement - but I really don't think you need it!

Good luck.

BD

• 1 month later...

I've had a DCA track me down after 2 years, however I've had them on ignore and they have had no confirmation it is me they found. The DCA is aktiv (thames credit), they have passed on the debt to BCW, who have now passed it on to Philips. Philips have been sending me the standard threatograms, but today I've been given a "pay up in 7 days, non payment will result in the attendance and removal of good s without any further warning"

Can they do this ?

I've had a DCA track me down after 2 years, however I've had them on ignore and they have had no confirmation it is me they found. The DCA is aktiv (thames credit), they have passed on the debt to BCW, who have now passed it on to Philips. Philips have been sending me the standard threatograms, but today I've been given a "pay up in 7 days, non payment will result in the attendance and removal of good s without any further warning"

Can they do this ?

Phillips also do debt collection and they appear to send their baillifs letters to frighten people.

They need a court order. Suggest that you check for any CCJ's and then check with the courts as to whether there is any enforcement order that has been granted. If they have an enforcement order then yes seizure of goods is possible.

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/

Don't open the door if these people turn up. Speak to them through the door and ask them to post any court order that they have through the letter box. You should have the chance to be able to look into the court order, so tell them to go away or you will call the Police.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

is a credit card debt, been with aktiv for years, was paying back aktiv but stopped when they added £2k of interest to my debt.

I moved a couple of years of ago and having getting sick of thame credit credit (hence user name) I decided not to bother with them anymore as its clear they dont have a CCA and I didnt see the point of going through rigmarole of playing all of the different games with them, especially since the original debt/default has dropped off my credit report.

so in essence, theres no CCA, hence it's never been anywhere near a court and no CCJ issued.

If BCW are involved it is possible that they HAVE a CCJ, especially as you have moved. It will have gone through the Northampton Bulk Court System and have been registered at your former address. This is an old trick, so they may have a Warrant of Execution for Phillips to be able to act as Bailiffs.

You will need to check online and see if there is a CCJ - CCJs, court orders & fines - Search yourself and others - Trust Online

If this has indeed happened you will need to act swiftly and get the CCJ set aside.