Lowell & Shop Direct. Where do I stand?

Zephy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I need a little advice from you helpful bunch.

I have been sent a letter recently from Lowell Financial who have bought a debt from Shop Direct.

I sent them a letter in response and asked them for the original agreements - and the below (Attached) is what I have received from them.

As you can see I haven’t signed either of them, and I don’t remember ‘Ticking the Box’ either but it was some time ago. It states that the original date was July 2010 so maybe I did.

The last payment I made to them was in September 2014. Shop Direct then removed my access to pay online, therefor stopping me from paying anything further to them.

Summary of transactions in last 6 years:

Debits: £1900.00

Goods: £1000.00

Interest: £700.00

Charges: £260.00

Credits: £700.00

Payments: £700.00

Does anybody know where I stand with this at all or what I should do next?

Many thanks in advance :)

sar to shop direct

get all the statements from day one

sadly as this is

1. online catalogue

2, post apr 2007

a digital tickbox is ok

and a recon, will do too.

get all the info beforeresponding

you need to carefully look at the cca

where it makes ref to a section of their T&C's

make sure you have that section on another sheet.

they often 'slip up'

the doc with the '4 corners' markers

you need to match with another of your docs

to prove that was the reverse side of it.

I bet theres not one

you are also missing several pages of T&C's

[i think they go up to point 32]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for that guys.

The entirety of what I received is:

The cover letter with the Lowell Logo

3 Pages of Credit Agreement, the one signed by Shop Direct attached above (scan 5 & scan 2) - There is another page of T&Cs DX, I just didnt include them as there isnt anything specific on them.

An additional agreement page with the 4 corners (scan 3)

A page of 'further terms & conditions' also with the 4 corners (is this the matching one?)

And finally a page listing the summary of transactions.

And I should send an SAR to Shop Direct, bypassing Lowell entirely?

Sorry for confusion.

it would be beneficial

if you were to put all the scans into a word doc

in the correct order

then upload

that multipage document after converting to PDF.

the little numbers around the outside

[if there are any

should be included too

And I should send an SAR to Shop Direct, bypassing Lowell entirely?

Sorry for confusion.

SAR always goes to the OC [original creditor]

is this your old very account from past threads?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for that. here's the attachments in order.

And yes it is that old account.

I was paying them via online payments but they revoked my access to that online account last year.

I was paying them via online payments but they revoked my access to that online account last year.

Did they write to you stating how you could go about paying them other than online?

I know you shouldn't have to, but did you ask them how you were supposed to pay them if they

revoked your access to continue paying online?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

No, not any correspondence at all from them to say they were revoking access, or alternative payment methods.

i just tried to log in one day and couldnt. A few weeks later a letter arrived from a collection agency stating they had bought the debt.

Unfair practice then IMO.

They deliberately forced you into not paying so they could then sell off the 'debt', reclaim it on their insurance,

making them a profit, and then funding the incestuous world of debt buyers and sellers...

I would be making an urgent complaint to Shop Direct, and exhausting their complaints procedure, then escalate it to

the FCA for investigation, and possibly the FOS too.

https://www.shopdirect.com/home-page/contact-us/

Dirty low down trick!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you very much for the advice.

I will send Shop Direct an SAR so I can actually see what info they do have.

And will make a formal complaint to their complaints department regarding the possible unfair practices used.

I do have all of the past correspondence from them over the years - just not with me right at this moment.

I'm in the process of compiling it all into chronological order so that should give me some idea of the timeline.

Do I need to let Lowell know my intentions regarding this? Or will they continue to send me demands regardless.

Again, Many Thanks :)

You can ignore lowlifes entirely, the only time you need to tell them anything, is if they're foolish enough

to attempt court proceedings.

• 3 weeks later...

SAR finally sent off to Shop Direct. Just waiting on their reply now to see where I stand.

I have contacted the company by email with my complaint and will again await their reply.

Many thanks again for the advice on this its much appreciated :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick reply as I sent off the SAR to Shop Direct on the 18th June.

In reply they sent back another letter for me to fill in - just a form requesting some basic details really.

But those details were already included in my original letter - which they seem to have ignored / not accepted as an SAR at all.

I'm just a little confused why they ignored the first request - I used the template from here and amended it accordingly, and sent it along with a £10 postal order.

I cant seem to find any other posts on the forum where this has happened. It seems that most people got a response very soon using the exact same template.

Can they request that I fill in another form and send another £10? If its what I need to do to get access to my SAR then so be it.

As for the complaint.

I sent an email as a starting point and the reply I received was a generic "Sorry you are not happy with the service.........please contact our Debt Sale team to discuss over the telephone".

I'd prefer not to start up a dialogue by telephone again.

have you moved since you opened the cat account?

and they

Hi Dx,

Yes I have moved since the account was opened.

I provided them with previous addresses as part of the information I sent over in the 1st letter - as it was suggested on this site to do so.

I don't mind sending another SAR; it just struck me as odd that I couldn't find a similar response anywhere on here.

I'd really just like to see what info they have as I'd like to start reclaiming charges - so I'll probably just send it off again tomorrow and hope for the best.

did you inc a copy of your lastest say CTAX bill too

as proof of who/where you are now?

pers I'd not be sending another £10 no!

dx

and they

Most certainly don't be throwing another tenner at them.

You could, if you wish, send them a follow up letter, confirming that you have already provided all the details they require

in order to comply with your SAR, and that the clock is ticking and has been since (date they recited it).

If they need further details in order to confirm your identity then they should make those requests urgently, as

once they are out of time, you will issue them with a LBA allowing them a further 7 or 14 days (you choose) in

which to comply before you escalate their failure to respond to the ICO.

And thanks bazooka once again.

I think I'll 'play ball' and send the form back with a copy of a current CTax agreement enclosed.

The sooner I get my hands on the SAR info the sooner I can see where I stand.

I think I'll 'play ball' and send the form back with a copy of a current CTax agreement enclosed.

The sooner I get my hands on the SAR info the sooner I can see where I stand.

Agreed, but NO need to send another tenner.