11th August 2011 15:28
Basic Account Holder
Onthebeach.co.uk cancel holiday
I have a holiday booked for in 3 weeks time. I booked through onthebeach.co.uk
I booked one of their recommended hotels and also booked my flights through them. A friend of mine returned from there last week and told me it is full of cockroaches, it has broken steps which people has cut there feet open on, people are getting food posioning, the hotel does not have airconditioning but when I booked I was told there would be fans and now they are charging for these per day, there is sick everywhere, staff are rude, stray cats all over the resort, urine stained sheets and towels, dirty pool, the list is endless.
I have juyst read some reviews on the internet and when booking they would good but now there are some awful ones on there which photos as evidence.
I am having surgery next week and this holiday is supposed to be for me to relax and take it easy whilst I recover. But from how irty it is there now I will be at risk of infection and food posioning.
I have called onthebeach to tell them the hotel is not as advertised and I would like to change hotels. The lady on the phone was very rude and said it will cost £150 per person to switch hotels and then the cost of the hotel on top!!
Is there anything else I can do? I don't have much money and saved for this holiday for a very long time and was really looking forward to it.
Thanks in advance
12th August 2011 08:38
Re: Onthebeach.co.uk cancel holiday
Heres some info:-
You need to put the company on the spot, communicate in writing, mark the letter, Formal Letter of Complaint.
Explain that the hotel isn't fit for purpose and that they should not be advertising it, state that if they don't change
your hotel, you'll take matters further. Explain that the holiday has been booked to help you recover from surgery.
Welcome to Consumer Action Group
'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'
Joshua J. Marine
1) CLAIM BACK ALL PENALTY CHARGES CLICK HERE
2) CLAIM BACK ALL MIS-SOLD PPI CLICK HERE
3) COMPOUNDED CONTRACTUAL INTEREST CLICK HERE
4) REQUEST CCA FROM CREDITOR CLICK HERE
5) OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE
6) CAREY V HSBC (2009) CLICK HERE
7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE
8) IN DEBT DON'T PANIC CLICK HERE
9) FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT CLICK HERE
10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE
11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE
12) SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE
13) WHICH? TEMPLATES CLICK HERE
14) DOES YOU BANK TREAT YOU FAIRLY BCOBSCLICK HERE
15) EVERYTHING HOUSING CLICK HERE
16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE
17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE
18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE
DON'T GIVE UP, THIS SITE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT
Don't forget to donate to this site
Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers
Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site
Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE