Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Cheshire11 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Aug 2011

Default Onthebeach.co.uk cancel holiday

Hi,

I have a holidayicon booked for in 3 weeks time. I booked through onthebeach.co.uk

I booked one of their recommended hotels and also booked my flightsicon through them. A friend of mine returned from there last week and told me it is full of cockroaches, it has broken steps which people has cut there feet open on, people are getting food posioning, the hotel does not have airconditioning but when I booked I was told there would be fans and now they are charging for these per day, there is sick everywhere, staff are rude, stray cats all over the resort, urine stained sheets and towels, dirty pool, the list is endless.

I have juyst read some reviews on the internet and when booking they would good but now there are some awful ones on there which photos as evidence.

I am having surgery next week and this holiday is supposed to be for me to relax and take it easy whilst I recover. But from how irty it is there now I will be at risk of infection and food posioning.

I have called onthebeach to tell them the hotel is not as advertised and I would like to change hotels. The lady on the phone was very rude and said it will cost 150 per person to switch hotels and then the cost of the hotel on top!!

Is there anything else I can do? I don't have much money and saved for this holiday for a very long time and was really looking forward to it.

Thanks in advance

Site Team rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Oct 2009
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Onthebeach.co.uk cancel holiday

Hi ches

Heres some info:-

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/...snotasexpected

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...s/your-rights/

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/...e_holidays.pdf

You need to put the company on the spot, communicate in writing, mark the letter, Formal Letter of Complaint.

Explain that the hotel isn't fit for purpose and that they should not be advertising it, state that if they don't change
    your hotel, you'll take matters further. Explain that the holidayicon has been booked to help you recover from surgery.

Welcome to Consumer Action Group

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'
    Joshua J. Marine

1) CLAIM BACK ALL PENALTY CHARGES CLICK HERE
    2) CLAIM BACK ALL MIS-SOLD PPI CLICK HERE
    3) COMPOUNDED CONTRACTUAL INTEREST CLICK HERE
    4) REQUEST CCA FROM CREDITOR CLICK HERE
    5) OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE
    6) CAREY V HSBC (2009) CLICK HERE
    7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE
    8) IN DEBT DON'T PANIC CLICK HERE
    9) FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT CLICK HERE
    10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE
    11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILER
    CLICK HERE
    12)
    SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE
    13) WHICH? TEMPLATES CLICK HERE
    14) DOES YOU BANK TREAT YOU FAIRLY BCOBSCLICK HERE
    15) EVERYTHING HOUSING CLICK HERE
    16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE
    17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE
    18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE

DON'T GIVE UP, THIS SITE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT

Don't forget to donate to this site

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers

Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE