Some Advice needed - Flight Costs?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can anyone help?

Booked some flights through an online company a year ago.

They quoted best price a total of £2030.

This was before thie airport departure tax increase.

There are still enough seats available on flight with same company today available for £1776 INCLUDING THE TAX INCREASE.

I cant help feeling done by this company and would like any advice whether or not to pursue them for the difference.

Sum of : 2030

= 254

+ 120 tax increase

= £374 I am overpaying for booking well in advance.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

J

IMHO I doubt you can pursue them for the difference. The price they quoted you was correct at the time, and that is the contract you have agreed to. Most carriers will reduce their prices the closer it gets to departure date so as not to be flying with empty seats. Have you checked to see if there is a cancelation fee, and if so is it less than the difference?

Guest haighmarg

I also doubt there is much you could do. I was in a similar situation a year ago and called the airline to complain. It appears that WHEN you book a flight is just as important as the time of the actual flight.

i work in travel and i am afraid there is nothing at all you can do. prices increase and decrease all the time, this can be due to availablity or the need the fill seats, quite often also the prices do go up for example somebody who books early enough could get a free child place whereas nearer the time they wouldnt.

prices constantly change within 12 weeks of departure, this is called fluid pricing and prices are legally allowed to go up or down from the brochure price, again due to availabilty.

im not saying i agree with this but this is how it works.

look at it this way, if you bought a dress and then saw it in the sales, you couldnt take it back as when you bought it that was the price you agreed to pay.

cancellation fees are normally high, depending on how many seats you have booked but it may be worth while looking at the option of cancellation and re book.