Willhill wont close my account!!

Foo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all, im an avid poker fan and play live with friends when i can. have been playing online for a few years now with various companies. more recently WILLHILL, but i find that its more a game of snap online and so asked them via email to close my account and remove me instantly from any/all email subscriptions and asked them aswell not to email again.

They replied saying they wanted, name, address, contact number, account number, bank details etc etc

i said unless they was going to pay me for my time in providing such information when it is on their system then not to expect me to do so and just request the account that i opened with the email be closed.

but they refused to do so. i have now said to them that under responsible gaming that if a customer requests an account to be closed then it should be done without question or hesitation.

ive asked them not to contact me and said that if they contact me again after requesting to be removed from mail-outs that their emails would be unsolicited and i would report them to the relevant authority.

i cant be arsed with all this, all i want is my account closed as ive asked and that they do so with out any further contact.

why wont they just do this simple request?

i can and will remove the program but i want to know that i will not use them in the future.

Hi Foo...

Is there an address you can write to...? I know its an online thing but surely they have an address? Head Office..?? Anything like that...

If so write to them stating that you want to close your account. Also explain that you have tried to close it online but you keep getting fobbed off..

I am not sure how money is taken from your account to pay for the online bets but could you cancel that...?? With the bank that is...

This has probably not been at all helpful...if not soooorrry!

I have to say it seems like a fairly simple request designed to stop other people making changes to your account.

Personally I would provide the information and be thankfull they were being so diligant with my account subscription.

I have to say it seems like a fairly simple request designed to stop other people making changes to your account.

Personally I would provide the information and be thankfull they were being so diligant with my account subscription.

indeed i see your point, but im asking for account to be closed. no transfer is being requested or any other financial payment being made. i feel that if my account isnt closed i may well use them again when really i dont want to lose money to them anymore. when setting up the account it was all done online in a matter of moments. The only correspondence they have with me is through email, So to me it seems natural to end my activities with them via the same way i started with them.

its no major hassle but i want to be sure i dont gamble on their site again, by having the account closed i will then not be tempted to use them again. im trying to protect myself if anything.

no worries guys.

i feel that if my account isnt closed i may well use them again when really i dont want to lose money to them anymore. when setting up the account it was all done online in a matter of moments.

I think your admitting here that you haven't the willpower to resist an online flutter.

If they do close your account, and it only takes moments to set up, can you honestly say you wont sign up again in the future?

Hello.

I am also with william hill and some other gaming sites, when you request your account to be closed, there will do this,and you should get a e.mail messge reading as follows from them. " We can inform you that the details registered are fully blocked in our

system. However this cannot be erased for a minimum period of 7 years as

a legal requirement from data protection compliance".

Or if you might think you want to use the account again, then request an self exclusion, this will just temporary close the account for a period of 6 mths or more. you should get a e.mail which reads as follows. As stated in our rules, the Self Exclusion facility will remain in

force

> for a minimum of six months; after that time you may reactivate your

> account by contacting us again. We can offer a Self Exclusion for

> between 6 months and 5 years, we have automatically excluded your

> account for 6 months but should you wish your account to remain

> suspended for longer, please contact us with the exact time frame you

> wish to be excluded for.

>

> During the Self Exclusion period we will not, under any circumstances,

> accept any bets from the account.

>

> If you do not require this Self Exclusion facility, and simply wish to

> close your account, then you must notify us within 48hrs of this mail

> being sent.

>

> This Self Exclusion is agreed on the basis that you will not attempt

to

> re-open any existing accounts or open new accounts during the

exclusion

> period. It is also your responsibility to inform us of any changes to

> your personal details such as name or address so that our information

is

> kept up to date to help us to prevent you from re-accessing the site.

All gaming sites offer ways of closing accounts, even if you just choose a self exclusion, least you have a opition of reopening in the future should you want.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

hi all, im an avid poker fan and play live with friends when i can. have been playing online for a few years now with various companies. more recently WILLHILL, but i find that its more a game of snap online and so asked them via email to close my account and remove me instantly from any/all email subscriptions and asked them aswell not to email again.

They replied saying they wanted, name, address, contact number, account number, bank details etc etc

i said unless they was going to pay me for my time in providing such information when it is on their system then not to expect me to do so and just request the account that i opened with the email be closed.

but they refused to do so. i have now said to them that under responsible gaming that if a customer requests an account to be closed then it should be done without question or hesitation.

ive asked them not to contact me and said that if they contact me again after requesting to be removed from mail-outs that their emails would be unsolicited and i would report them to the relevant authority.

i cant be arsed with all this, all i want is my account closed as ive asked and that they do so with out any further contact.

why wont they just do this simple request?

i can and will remove the program but i want to know that i will not use them in the future.

You sound like a really seriously addicted gambler.....

Do what they say, think about it positively. They only want your account information so they can close your account, which in turns solves your problem and makes you happier.