Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I intend to take this further! The adjudicator even referred to WFS as a bank, since when? :confused:

I've sent a quick email to let him know I am not happy with the report, considering it's been 6 months since I initially made the complaint, and that I would like them to look at the issue I complained about and not for a lecture about repaying WFS.

Hi Sol - this differs slightly from another FOS adjudication I have seen on this - in that one they basically said whilst the agreement may be unenforcable the FOS cannot give such a judgement and to do so it would have to be taken to court......I would take them up on that - it seems they are aware this is wrong but it is not within the FOS remit to say you don't have to repay and thats why they are advising court.

Hello Sparky, you will be better off sending your SAR to Compliance:

Compliance Department

Welcome Finance

Mere Way

Ruddington Fields Business Park

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

1. You're more likely to get a (sensible) response from them;
  2. They will still be there even if your local branch closes.

Don't forgot all the normal advice, postal order, print don't sign your name, send recorded.

EBOY gave a list in this post, but I don't know where the list came from.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2403980.html

Well I sent of for SAR to Nottingham in June and still Waiting!:mad:

Well I sent of for SAR to Nottingham in June and still Waiting!:mad:

well as thats past 40 day period surely u have a right to stop paying them till they send you what you requested, im not sure but im sure someone here can advise you on that, good luck hope welcome rot xxxx

well as thats past 40 day period surely u have a right to stop paying them till they send you what you requested, im not sure but im sure someone here can advise you on that, good luck hope welcome rot xxxx

Mines a night mare havn't paid since Feb as I am now unemployed with mis sold PPI.. etc etc:(

Hi Andie 303 & Postggj,

Some time back, I mentioned about approaching BBC 1's " Watchdog " about Welscum.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

Have you had any more thoughts on the matter?

Anne Robinson is returning to the programme and she is formidable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Robinson

I used to know Roger Cook of " The Cook Report " back in the 70's and they are of the same ilk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Cook_(journalist)

Also I see that some ex-employees of Welscum are coming on here so apart from our side of things, they could be very useful to support us with a lot of inside information.

I am very keen to approach the Beeb now.

Please let me know a.s.a.p.

Take care

Voda

Remember Guys,

We are dealing with LOAN SHARKS to all intents and purposes, so expect LOAN SHARK TREATMENT from WELSCUM.

Can't wait to see all the lousy staff on the dole.

Tee Hee

Voda

Edited by Voda

well as thats past 40 day period surely u have a right to stop paying them till they send you what you requested, im not sure but im sure someone here can advise you on that...

Just to make it clear you cannot stop paying/put the account into dispute for non-compliance with a SAR, that can only be done for a CCA request.

You have two options over the SAR. The first is a report to the Information Commissioners Office (which I am led to believe is about as toothless as many of the other regulators) or go to court to get an order forcing them to comply.

I could do with some help with Welcome too.

In 2003 I took a car from Welcome Finance and, to cut a long story short, I lost my job and PPI wouldn't pay out. Welcome repossessed the car and are still demanding the full balance, which has now escalated to £8500!!!

When I took the car I thought the application was shoddy but I desperately needed a car. I had travelled over an hour to their office and didn't have the paperwork they needed (which they had wrongly informed me on the phone) so they 'created' it themselves to get the application through. What a joke!! I have been trying to get hold of them to get copies of the agreement and ID provided so that I can look into it properly but no-one will help me. I have been writing and emailing and can't get hold of anyone who can help.

Does anyone know where I stand with this please? Can they repossess the car, in perfect condition, and still demand I pay the full balance?? Does my application still stand if they forged some of the documents??

Help!!

Welcome (sic) allgold30

Can you start a new thread, it will be easier for people to help.

On the face of it, you appear to have been treated outragiously, so nothing new there.

When you start your thread can you also mention:

how long you had been paying for?

what paperwork did you receive from welcome prior to the repo?

Where did you write to and did you use an "official" demand (CCA/SAR etc.)?

Did they say why the PPI wouldn't pay?

There wil be plenty of more questions but these should get the ball rolling

T2

went into gillingham branch to pick up statement of account ( thats another story pure fiction) anyway branch was full of boxes and could only see 3 people in there

Oh dear perhaps the thugs that occupy that place are for the chop too...Now that would be justice !!!:D

Hi Guys,

I had an interesting morning.

I needed to go to Sunbury and afterwards I thought let's go and see if Feltham, Middlesex branch is still there.

When I arrived, I rang the doorbell many times and nobody answered....:confused:

Also all the lights were out.

So I popped into one of the firms in the same building and asked me if the branch had closed down.

The chap there said that they were there the other day. I told him that I was a customer of their's and all about the troubles that Welscum had.

Frankly he was shocked at the amount of debt that Welcome had.

I told him that I had bought my car thru them ( albeit via a proper main dealer ) and before I told him that it was all paid for, he said that I had better watch out....:eek:

He said that he had heard bad rumours about WF....:(

Anyway we both thought of trying the bell again and this bloke comes out and I asked him if he worked for WF.

He said yes to me and asked if I was the person ringing furiously just before.

I said to him that it was me and he asked if I wanted to go up.

I, of course, said no thank you as I did not wish to enter the lion's den in case I was never allowed out.....:lol:

This WF employee also said that I had caught them at a bad moment when I rang the bell as all of us were on the phone.

Yeah right !!!

Somehow I did not believe him as I reckon that there are very few staff in the building working and under the law, lights must be on in a working environment. Not that Welscum could care a damn about their staff's welfare.

Anyway the first chap said thank you for telling all about WF as we are on the lookout to expand our business in this building.

I said that you will probably not have to wait very long.

Incidentally, the lights in WF's offices were still out.

Either saving electric or have no money to feed the meter.

So I might have done some company a favour today.....:cool:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks