• Tweets

• I am sorry about getting your status mixed up.  I have noticed one thing in your excellent WS. On their claim they are only pursuing you as the keeper-I think it is  in their Point C that  states along the lines of -the driver did not pay , so the keeper is liable. So on your No keeper Liability section  You may prefer  to alter 13 to    . It is trite Law that the driver and the keeper cannot be regarded  as the same person and the claimant has failed to offer any proof who was driving.  BY  only pursuing the keeper  when the PCN does not comply with PoFA must mean that their claim fails. See what the Site team thinks as it should  stop the Judge from looking at who was driving as your statement preempts them from even thinking about it.
    • What would suffice as proof? I just emailed them back my date of birth. Should I send a copy of driving licence? 
    • Which Court have you received the claim from ? Northampton   MCOL Northampton N1 ? Manual Claim CCMCC (Salford) ? New beta WWW.MONEYCLAIMS.SERVICE.GOV.UK ?   If possible please scan redact and upload a full page copy of page 1 of the claim form.   This has been uploaded in my previous messages in the bundle of documents     Name of the Claimant ? Asset Link Capital (NO5) Limited   How many defendant's  joint or self ? Self   Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to./   14/02/2020   ^^^^^ NOTE : WHEN CALCULATING THE TIMELINE - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE DATE ON THE CLAIMFORM IS ONE IN THE COUNT [example: Issue date 01.03.2014 + 19 days (5 days for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 19.03.2014 + 14 days to submit defence = 02.04.2014] = 33 days in total Not relevant as his claim was set aside, and has now been brought to the court again by the claimant       Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Please see bundle of documents in previous thread   What is the total value of the claim? £10,734.1    Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? No   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred?  Yes - this is one of the grounds for getting it set aside   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? No Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit Card   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ?  Apparently 2000   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? I do not recall entering into an agreement with Barclays   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ?  It was, but it is not anymore   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Assigned to Asset Link   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No - although they have provided a copy of the assignment notice in their bundle of docs for the hearing   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? I don't remember - but again a copy of a letter has been provided (see bundle on previous thread)   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ?  No    Why did you cease payments?  2015   What was the date of your last payment? December 2015   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved?  I wrote to Barclaycard back in 2015 to ask them to send proof of the original agreement but they just sent me a reconstituted document which had no personal deals on relating to me   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? yes - step change took control and set up payments of £1 pm
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have just checked on my credit file related to Cabot dupliating defaults and guess what? Welcome have updated my file and added a few hundred to the ballance which now shows default ballance at £x ammount and amount outstanding at £x approx £175 more than previously shown this was updated Yesterday what are they up to.

jdene

Hi all

Just on for a rant!!!!

Recived today!!

2 notice of default sums letters, both dated same, from May, both showing completely different crap, both with abbeyfield road address nottingham, both with completely different phonenumbers, neither one has a nottingham number on it..both numbers are 3 cities apart, neither number anywhere near to nottingham....

Also received today...call to OH work mobile...oh refused to speak, advised them in hands of solicitors, approximately 5 times before he hung up!!! Next call received on home landline...i was at work...one of my parents answered...they kept pressuring, for what time i would be home...Parent refused to tell them anything untill they told who they were!! they reluctantly said from L AND M??? This has cropped up on a thread recently somewhere..can anyone direct me to it??

Parent told them to ring back after a certain time....still waiting for that call again!!!

that annoyed with these morons, i could quite happily drive to the local office and throttle someone Quite happily!!!

POST, DESPERATELY NEED YOU TO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE FOR ME..REGARDING THE LAST LAUGHABLE LETTER,,

THANKS

B-O-2

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

I got two today....Nott address but branch number

real number for Customer Relationship Centre is 0845 456 4877 but if they say you need someone in another dept it will be transfered to your branch.

not even the local office's number, DD... although i do know where one of them have come from..they both show local area codes, i wont loose any sleep over it though..they do make my blood boil the sheer mention of their name:x

DD, re your pm..its a bit of a waiting game im afraid, see what turns up in the cca/sar...give me a shout when you get them...remember cards close to chest though!!;-)

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

Nice one thanks Brassed Off they are being passed from pillar to post so you dont know where their latest local office is...... there will be half a dozen managers in a squat next..... sharing a polyester suit for house calls

Counting the days.... cheers

brassed off

just doing the finishing touch

cant post it for obviouse reasons

cheers post, your a gem:-)

didnt expect you to post it up though...sorry for keep pecking your head,

Andi

Not spoke to you for a while!! have you been slinking off with Jezza???:p:lol::lol:

Nice one thanks Brassed Off they are being passed from pillar to post so you dont know where their latest local office is...... there will be half a dozen managers in a squat next..... sharing a polyester suit for house calls

Counting the days.... cheers

Yeah and i bet Mr P adds charges of £10 a borrow of his pri-marnis:lol::lol::lol:

Oh they're very careful not to missell...since June they've got all new employees on a 6 weeks compliance camp...we're FSA water-tight right now.

Some VERY intelligent people run this gaff, and they stick to the very letter of the law. One of the directors is responsible for compliance, and they monitor us like hawks for the slightest chance that we missell.

It's a very clever script.

I sleep very well at night on that basis. Remember, we only quote. The punters accept those quotes by their own free wills often signing credit agreements with clearly stated 80% aprs, and PPI's worth half of the loan amount itself. Bonkers? I'd say so....but there's the freewheeling "gimme now" society for you, coupled with the objection handling skills of salespeople. Tis merely a sad reflection of our sick credit obsessed society. Still we all have mouths to feed eh?

is this why some (6) directors are at the moment suspended and under investigations because theyre so smart and one wf member got sacked for embezzling money to feed their crack habit...yeah dead smart people work for welcome :lol:

Hi , Im new to this site but have been looking at all the threads. Firstly i got a loan and was told ppi was a condition, cleared the first loan including ppi and life cover(didnt ask for it) with another loan,fought it and won , this has been going on since last may. I got a final responce from ombudsman upholding my complaint and was told i would be awarded all ppi payments plus intrest back but couldnt deal with life cover. Anyway the case was closed as of 06/05/09 and was told by welscum that i would have to wait till they review it and will deal with it in thier own time.I also got a car off them and they added all sorts of insurances to my finance which i cancled with a bit of hassle, went down to sign new paper work and was treated like an alien and surprise surprise they never gave me any paperwork for my records. and i have never had any statements of any kind since becoming a customer.finally ive looked at my cash loan agreement and it looks as if im being charged intrest on the fee as the fee was £75 and they are taking 36 payments of £3.16. Is there a valid case for me to with hold further payments Till PPI and everything else is dealt with properly? Thanks in advance

Hi all

Just on for a rant!!!!

Recived today!!

2 notice of default sums letters, both dated same, from May, both showing completely different crap, both with abbeyfield road address nottingham, both with completely different phonenumbers, neither one has a nottingham number on it..both numbers are 3 cities apart, neither number anywhere near to nottingham....

Also received today...call to OH work mobile...oh refused to speak, advised them in hands of solicitors, approximately 5 times before he hung up!!! Next call received on home landline...i was at work...one of my parents answered...they kept pressuring, for what time i would be home...Parent refused to tell them anything untill they told who they were!! they reluctantly said from L AND M??? This has cropped up on a thread recently somewhere..can anyone direct me to it??

Parent told them to ring back after a certain time....still waiting for that call again!!!

that annoyed with these morons, i could quite happily drive to the local office and throttle someone Quite happily!!!

POST, DESPERATELY NEED YOU TO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE FOR ME..REGARDING THE LAST LAUGHABLE LETTER,,

THANKS

B-O-2

Ha ha i got two as well... two different addresses.... someone tried to phone for me today... am off tomorrow so hope they try again.... will give em hell.

anyone able to confirm this... i heard that if you go through a broker, and are missold, that they and the broker are jointly and severaly liable. is this the case?

Dadofholly

Correct

Most Welcome Lans Have Undisclosed Commission Payments

Geting Welcome Or Direct Group/norwich Union To Release Is Info Will Suicide

Two Caggers So Far In Court Have Got A Disclosure Order ,

Thats Great But Welcome Will With Draw The Claim Rather Than Addmit To It

It Will Cost Them Millions

Dadofholly

Correct

Most Welcome Lans Have Undisclosed Commission Payments

Geting Welcome Or Direct Group/norwich Union To Release Is Info Will Suicide

Two Caggers So Far In Court Have Got A Disclosure Order ,

Thats Great But Welcome Will With Draw The Claim Rather Than Addmit To It

It Will Cost Them Millions

Thanks for that post... may start my own thread... have had enough of these shysters.... thinks its time for action.

I am interested in what will happen to my loan when welcome/cattles are declared insolvent.

I see cattles is following the same path as "London Scottish Bank" which went bust i.e selling the invoice buisness when the end is nigh.

I dont see goverment owned RBS bailing them out, so whats the options.

If you had a loan when London Scottish Bank went bust i would like to hear from you.

Take Control

! Use excel to document all your income and outgoings !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks